Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:35 pm
To explain about Jesus fulfilling the Laws of the OT, it's as simple as following Jesus and knowing you're covered. You can either get the basic package, which gives you the ability to record your favorite shows, but you have to set it up yourself, or the premium package, which does it for you, and you still get all of the benefits of the basic package (for an even cheaper price :O). The Laws of the OT are the basic package (with all the sacrifices and taboos) and Jesus is the premium package (weirdly cheaper, and He does it all for you, with all the benefits of having a connection to God and a clean spirit via sacrifice). That's what that means.

And, I think this verse sums up the answer to the other part of the question pretty well:

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God‑breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm
Nice metaphors, Fushigi! smile  

CrystalMind

Familiar Prophet

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Thanks. ^-^ I seem to love them as much as Lady of Serenity does. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:01 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Thanks. ^-^ I seem to love them as much as Lady of Serenity does. xd

Only you could compare our Salvation to cable packages. lol  

Priestley

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:30 pm
I speak only as the Spirit compels me to. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:05 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
I speak only as the Spirit compels me to. 4laugh

I wish the spirit would speak to me that way xD Awesome.  

freelance lover
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:09 am
He compels you to buy cable for me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:10 pm
Ha ha, no. 4laugh  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:38 pm
Aw, he compels you not to suck so much. sad  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:12 pm
masumi5
Since a lot of ppl are undermining the OT(and the NT), I think we should discuss this:

(regarding the OT)Which books are valid? Which laws are valid, and which aren't? How do we tell which ones are, or are not(disregard what society says)?

What parts of the OT are true, and what parts are false?

If parts are false, why are we even following it!?
I simply follow my heart. The bible was not written by God, and I have a hard time believing in most of the stuff in it. I just don't see it as God's word. I would rather follow the words of Jesus himself.  

Boadicea Boudicca

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:11 pm
Does Jesus visit you in your bedroom at night or meet you for coffee? Cuz if so, please, invite me; I'd love to meet Him in person.

Jesus' Words are contained in the Bible. How do you disregard that? Jesus' life is contained in those pages (albeit, pretty incompletely, but the most important parts- the parts about our salvation- are there). Or do you just follow that part and assume everything else is made up? The Bible is all or nothing. If you pick the Old Testament to be false and Lethkhar picks the New Testament to be false, then essentially none of it is true, Jesus never existed, never saved the world with His sacrifice, and God doesn't exist. The Bible is the only record we have of Jesus' divinity and the salvation of mankind. You can't just say, "well, yeah, but men put the pen to paper." God inspired it. It's like genuine witnesses. The words are coming out of their mouths, but their origin was in the Spirit.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Does Jesus visit you in your bedroom at night or meet you for coffee? Cuz if so, please, invite me; I'd love to meet Him in person.

Jesus' Words are contained in the Bible. How do you disregard that? Jesus' life is contained in those pages (albeit, pretty incompletely, but the most important parts- the parts about our salvation- are there). Or do you just follow that part and assume everything else is made up? The Bible is all or nothing. If you pick the Old Testament to be false and Lethkhar picks the New Testament to be false, then essentially none of it is true, Jesus never existed, never saved the world with His sacrifice, and God doesn't exist. The Bible is the only record we have of Jesus' divinity and the salvation of mankind. You can't just say, "well, yeah, but men put the pen to paper." God inspired it. It's like genuine witnesses. The words are coming out of their mouths, but their origin was in the Spirit.
The dead sea scrolls and a few other pre-biblical documents (yes, I know parts of the scrolls were in the bible) contain Jesus's words. Also, I believe parts of the bible. I just feel that most of it was put their for the Apostles own reasons, not because God wanted it in there.  

Boadicea Boudicca

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:17 pm
I too have an issue with people's motives being truly pure. For example, I completely trust Jesus, but I also know from experience that many people can and do have ulterior motives and purposely intend to deceive.

My only option is to believe that true Christians have a conscience guided by the Spirit and, ultimately, that the Spirit in me would help me to discern who is genuine and who is not. In the meantime, however, I believe it's my responsibility to try to be as genuine as I can so that the Spirit in others confirms it for them. This goes for reading and interpretation of Scripture for myself and others, and also for guidance in particular issues close to my heart.

VotK, I can only advise that you begin to build up your relationship with God asking for this Spirit of His.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:45 pm
Valley of the Kings
Fushigi na Butterfly

The dead sea scrolls and a few other pre-biblical documents (yes, I know parts of the scrolls were in the bible) contain Jesus's words. Also, I believe parts of the bible. I just feel that most of it was put their for the Apostles own reasons, not because God wanted it in there.

You keep saying the Apostles, but the Bible was not entirely written by the Apostles. None of the Old Testament was, and mostly just the Epistles were written by Apostles.

The other parts of the Bible are a testament to God's authority and His forgiveness, both the Old Testament and New Testament. How can you know God's nature if you don't read about it, and come to know Him better? Because of the Bible, we know God doesn't play around, because there are examples. Because of the Bible, we know how God is patient and willing to tolerate stubborn people. Because of the Bible, we know God is willing to perform miracles for our sake, even if just to keep a simple promise to us. How can you know these things if you don't read about them? If you don't experience them vicariously through the people God chose to be an example to us? If your beliefs come from things you've heard, I can guarantee what you've heard from other people has come from the Bible.

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Boadicea Boudicca

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:59 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Valley of the Kings
Fushigi na Butterfly

You keep saying the Apostles, but the Bible was not entirely written by the Apostles. None of the Old Testament was, and mostly just the Epistles were written by Apostles.

The other parts of the Bible are a testament to God's authority and His forgiveness, both the Old Testament and New Testament. How can you know God's nature if you don't read about it, and come to know Him better? Because of the Bible, we know God doesn't play around, because there are examples. Because of the Bible, we know how God is patient and willing to tolerate stubborn people. Because of the Bible, we know God is willing to perform miracles for our sake, even if just to keep a simple promise to us. How can you know these things if you don't read about them? If you don't experience them vicariously through the people God chose to be an example to us? If your beliefs come from things you've heard, I can guarantee what you've heard from other people has come from the Bible.
It's not that I don't read the bible, it is that I go through it and totally throw out certain passages.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff