PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 am
i love asian market xD
-points to site above-
i forgot about that xD

[purple banana]

peacecrafting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:49 pm
Hmm.

I usually try to figure the difference out through eyes. Korean people tend to have a smaller number of natural double eye-lids. owo

And accent always helps. ;"P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:16 am
I honestly can't tell the difference between the looks. x.o
But the accents and the language give it away.  

venomista

IvyStarling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:16 am
I can always recognize Chinese (since I am Chinese), but I find Korean and Japanese to be very similar and I often confuse the two spoken languages. However, the written language is very easy for me to distinguish the three cultures apart. What matters is the number and "intensity", for lack of a better word, of the "curves" in the characters. It's kind of hard to explain. As for the actual looks, I can distinguish Japanese, but not Chinese and Korean for some reason.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm
it's hard to explain how i distinguish asians...it's like each ethnicity has their own kind of behavior pattern and way that they hold themselves. facial structure also helps. you can always tell the difference between a South Asian vs. Chinese/Japanese/Korean/etc. just looking at their faces.  

k a s u g u m m i

Ralphiie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:37 pm
Jelai
well...

ALL LOOK SAME.COM

^ your answer. xD

LOL. I got "Obviously you can't tell the difference". D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:49 pm
lol I got about half right, some of those are damn hard lol  

Deojack

Puppy

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:17 pm
I have to say that I can't really tell the difference between all of these. Like Fillipinos and chinese I can tell but then Korean and chinese i cannot.

And one of my white friends thought I was white... and I think you can tell the difference between white people and asian people.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:57 pm
I can't tell the difference between chinese, korean and japanese
btw i am thai but so many peoples think that i am filipino  

annita banana

Sakura-yuko

900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 am
Can you tell the difference between Asians? Like Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.
yeah by their eyes stretch

If so, How?
you can try to tell the difference by their eyes: Chinese eyes are slim horizontally; Japanese goes diagonally up; Koreans are diagonally down

What distinguishes one from the other?
eyes, language(skin doesn't always help tell the difference, sometimes eyes too)

Has anyone ever mistaken you as a different ethnicity?
yeah because where i live the place can be sometimes really hot and i get tanned so someone thought i was Filipino but I'm Vietnamese.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:47 pm
language, i can easily score with

Korean, Japenese, Manderin, Cantonese, Chaozhou, Cambodian, Thai, Vietnamese

Looks, kinda tough cuz u never know if they are mixed if u judge someone out in the open...but otherwise i can pretty much get

chinese and viet, korean and jap i sometimes get mixed up with, thai is easy for me. and cambodian sometimes.  

soyXsauce

k a n a g u s u k u

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:58 pm
Ralphiie

I was dragged to the Asian food Market today by my parents. They've got food from...everywhere.
& I was peacefully walking down a random aisle, when, suddenly a bunch of people come up to me and start speaking rapidly in, what seemed to be, Korean? ;o /NOTKOREAN/

Apparently I'm mistaken as Korean a lot. o_______o;;

So, this got me thinking;;

Can you tell the difference between Asians? Like Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.
If so, How?
What distinguishes one from the other?
Has anyone ever mistaken you as a different ethnicity?

Personally, I can't tell the difference. Everyone looks the same to me
o wo

It depends for me. I have been easily mistaken for Chinese or Korean when I'm mostly Japanese. o_o It's kind of creepy.

Usually, I can tell the difference by the way their faces look. x]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:09 am
Jelai
well...

ALL LOOK SAME.COM

^ your answer. xD

lol XD.

so I took the test myself to see if I brushed up on my skills -- it's been a while since I last took it. and I got...

4/18, with 7 being the average score.
D:
I scored below average. emo
and I'm Asian too.
damn that test was hard. some of them on that test don't even look like the typical Chinese, Japanese, or Korean person. some of them even look Filipino.

and to be honest, sometimes I can't tell my own kind (Filipino). we're so mixed from other Asians that sometimes we can confuse some for being Chinese, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Indonesian...well you get the point. Any part of Southeast Asia. Oh yeah, and on occasions we get confused with Australoid aboriginals (blacks living in Southeast Asia and Australia and Oceana -- see Aetas), Hispanics (the ones mixed with Caucasian blood) and Spanish (you know, the ones actually from Spain...pure white all and all, no Native Mexican look on them).

@__@;

oh yeah, and some Pacific islanders too, even though we are selves aren't pacific islanders. unfortunately there are still plenty of uneducated that think so, mostly among Filipinos born outside the Philippines. I tend to notice that. shesh even my cousin, who was born in the P.I. and lived there for 18 years knows that we have no pacific islander blood. Otherwise, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan would be considered Pacific Islanders too...if they were only COMPLETELY surrounded by the Pacific Ocean instead of seas like the Yellow Sea or South China Sea, etc.

[/rant]

Jelai

01Gayluss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:47 am
sometimes i can tell and sometimes i can't.
sometimes i can tell who's my race but only sometimes.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff