Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:42 pm
Nikura Uchiha
"I think it's stupid how goth kids subject themselves to ridicule by dressing different. Then I see you guys bitching about getting made fun of. All I'm saying is stop bitching becuase you bring it on yourselfs when you dress like that."

That's pretty much what I think. Don't complain about being stared at if you dress differently. When it crosses the line to abuse (verbal, physical, whatever) then it's being taken too far.

Although, I disagree with her saying that dressing differently is stupid. And that we do it to subject ourselves to ridicule, if that's what she meant.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:27 pm
spooky_sez
Nikura Uchiha
"I think it's stupid how goth kids subject themselves to ridicule by dressing different. Then I see you guys bitching about getting made fun of. All I'm saying is stop bitching becuase you bring it on yourselfs when you dress like that."

That's pretty much what I think. Don't complain about being stared at if you dress differently. When it crosses the line to abuse (verbal, physical, whatever) then it's being taken too far.

Although, I disagree with her saying that dressing differently is stupid. And that we do it to subject ourselves to ridicule, if that's what she meant.

Basically yes taht was what she was saying. However, I don't b***h when people make fun f me..I somehow turn everything into one big joke..laugh it off. then go about my day.  

Nikki the Juggalette

Her Cyanide--

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:48 pm
I get more compliments on my style rather than put downs but if it is the rare occasion someone does put me down, I just smile it off. Whatever, right? =]

and I agree on the whole don't b***h about how people ridecule you if you are bringing it on ourself bit.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:51 am
The problem with any sort of outlandish fashion statement (and let's face it, a lot of the 'normals' think goth is pretty outlandish!) is that some people just won't get it.

That said, I don't think it's fair of people to judge someone's character or likely behavior based on how they're dressed. There's nothing inherently wrong with dressing goth as long as it's not done at times and places where display is totally inappropriate.

I don't mind if people stare at me or even point when I'm all gothed out, because I figure I'm asking for it by looking so strange. What I don't like and don't think is justifiable is when people assume I'm going to be some rude, nasty thug.  

Veruniel
Crew

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:37 am
Veruniel
The problem with any sort of outlandish fashion statement (and let's face it, a lot of the 'normals' think goth is pretty outlandish!) is that some people just won't get it.

That said, I don't think it's fair of people to judge someone's character or likely behavior based on how they're dressed. There's nothing inherently wrong with dressing goth as long as it's not done at times and places where display is totally inappropriate.

I don't mind if people stare at me or even point when I'm all gothed out, because I figure I'm asking for it by looking so strange. What I don't like and don't think is justifiable is when people assume I'm going to be some rude, nasty thug.

Yep and then They assume other normal people are just plain nice. It's better when they find out it's not always like that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:28 pm
Nikura Uchiha
spooky_sez
Nikura Uchiha

Basically yes taht was what she was saying. However, I don't b***h when people make fun f me..I somehow turn everything into one big joke..laugh it off. then go about my day.

That's a good thing to do. I do that as well.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:52 am
the strangeness
It sad but true that SOME people dress goth for the attention, or to fit in, or out of some sense of rebellion.
But that doesn't mean every goth has to be like that.

I personally dress the way I do because I think it's beautiful. I just have a different definition of beauty. I apologize for that all the time and sometimes that bugs me. But talking to other people that like the same things I do helps.

Well spoken, I agree.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:19 pm
spooky_sez
Nikura Uchiha
spooky_sez
Nikura Uchiha

That's a good thing to do. I do that as well.

I find it pointless to listen to the people who obsess over small things like how I dress, my peircings, or my tattoo. "You dress funny" Ok thanks have a nice day..so yeah.  

Nikki the Juggalette

los1 soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:55 am
Nikura Uchiha
Ok so I went up to the clubhouse (Appartment Office) and was talking to the head lady just for kicks. She said her son had come home in tripps and it pissed her off she said (and quoted)
What do you guys think? Was she right or wrong in saying this? Do you guys think most goths do this? Just wanna hear your feedback on this!

you should have smacked the s**t out of that b***h i could say a lo tof things about pepole how say stuff aboout me but i dont i just hi tthem

it make me feel good biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:43 pm
los1 soul
Nikura Uchiha
Ok so I went up to the clubhouse (Appartment Office) and was talking to the head lady just for kicks. She said her son had come home in tripps and it pissed her off she said (and quoted)
What do you guys think? Was she right or wrong in saying this? Do you guys think most goths do this? Just wanna hear your feedback on this!

you should have smacked the s**t out of that b***h i could say a lo tof things about pepole how say stuff aboout me but i dont i just hi tthem

Thats not what she was saying, most goths do just ignore it and go on, like you did, instead of bitching. But She recently stated that she thinks goths take it "overboard" with the make-up and dress and hairstyles.  

Nikki the Juggalette

L Kook

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:25 pm
Nikura Uchiha
los1 soul
Nikura Uchiha

Thats not what she was saying, most goths do just ignore it and go on, like you did, instead of bitching. But She recently stated that she thinks goths take it "overboard" with the make-up and dress and hairstyles.

She probably is only saying that because she feels uncomfortable around goths, that is her little comfort zone is easily breached by things just a tad bit strange, but thats just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:35 am
GothicRavn
I think people should be able to accept and do not criticize other ways to live or dress, considering that like 75% of the society dress like "fashion" says just for be in the "normal standards" and do not be condered different (Thing that imo is really stupid).
I belive that being goth or punk for example is another ay to express yourself. However a person should be respected regardless if is goth or no just for the simple fact that is a person.
QFT.  

MediaclCunt

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:00 pm
except at my school, where everyone who is not an outcast is a d**k to me, i usually don't get any serious abuse. just yesterday i went out w/ my parents and i got compliments on my clothing from random adults. i got the usual stares, and its to be expected, after all, how many black girls do you know put giant red and black ribbons in their hair and walk around in a corset? i say this only because i get heat b/c i'm black and i dress from the norm in a culture that wouldn't expect so of me but i think that there was another thread about this somewhere.

i don't give a crap. we live in a world that looks down on those that stand out. i embrace my uniqueness and i pity those that are afraid to break out of their monotonous shells. or the ones that want to stand out but are too afraid to. i absolutely love it when i find someone who shares intrests similar to mine, because its hard enough to make friends in this world, good ones at least.

so my message to anyone who feels like they're dying from the harrassment. be the apathetic snail with the pretty decorated shell and when it gets to be too much for you, retreat inside and relish in your awesomeness.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm
I dress the way I do because I like to and I want to. And I like getting those looks that say "wait a sec, let me do a double take".

When someone makes fun of me, it's usually just t mess with me because I live in a town with a lot of goths. But when they mean it, it's usually the "oh god, your such a freak."

To which I say, "Thank you, I try". Usually they're so freaked out they just walk away.

There was one time I was called a satanist by an obviously tourist couple (i live in a town close to the ocean and they had the "we've never been to the beach before" fashions.".

I pulled out my copy of the bible and cross that I always carry around and they stared at me like I'd grown a second head. I met them again the next day and they apologized.  

Bane Rie

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:45 pm
I find that small children smile and wake no matter how a person is dressed. if a person smiles, they think they're nice. moms tend to pull small children in the opposite direction if I smile and wave, though...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff