Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Do you know any other veg*ns in real life? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Fruity

OG Smoker

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 pm

Oui, I only know of one veg*n person.
My ex-bestfriend & I went vegetarian together in grade 6.
Now we're both in grade 11 and we havn't quit.
^-^

But I wish there were more veg*n people in my area,
it's kinda depressing doing everything your-self and you don't have anyone to share your opinions and recipes with.
'Tis heartbreaking.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:44 am
Loads of. Both vegans and vegetarians. Especially through Left Youth of Finland.  

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100

MedicAudino

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:40 am
I have one friend who is vegetarian and another who is thinking about going veg... Or did she... I haven't eaten out with her in forever since she goes to school far away Dx I also have an extended family "aunt" who has been vegan all of my life. She would make me veggie burgers when I was kid since I didn't really like meat much even when I was a little kid ^-^

What sucks the most for me is that while my school claims to support vegans they ever rarely have vegan food in the cafeteria. Most of my suite-mates also look at me funny since I go home every weekend so that I can make food so I can actually eat during the week >.< Part of my long list of why I'm leaving the school and going some place closer to home.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm
Other than my family, I only know one other veg*n. She's a vegetarian, and I'm a vegan. She's cool, but we only talk now and then. That's why I'm here. ^_^  

Kabuki-Kun

Tipsy Reveler

MUMZIE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:25 pm
one,but she says she is a vegetarian.but she eats meat 0_0  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:09 pm
Several of my friends are. One of them recommended this guild, actually, and is why I'm here.  

Maristasda

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:27 pm
an old friend of mine is now vegan. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Actually I've met several and know a few via school, work, and other social activities. It's kind of weird how people come out of the wood work when they offer to pick up food and you have to request specifics, neh?

biggrin  

Sunkist Serenade

3,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100

DarkWitchofDream

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:30 pm
I have three friends at the top of my head that are vegetarian.
My other friends are mostly social/visi-vegetarians.

I'm the only vegan I know..  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:06 pm
I know my sister is a vegetarian and the lady that inspired me to become a vegetarian. I also know some others but I wish I knew more.

kamekame

Manzanita_of_Ecotopia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:49 pm
I'm between Eugene and Ashland, Oregon, two of the most vegan and vegetarian friendly cities anywhere, so I know quite a few vegans, vegetarians and near vegetarians.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:08 am
Yes, I know several.

My best friend is the one who sort of introduced vegetarianism to me. Back then we didn't really educate ourselves on how animals are treated or what animal products are in foods. The only thing we would say is "I love animals, I dont want to eat what I love."
I educated myself, but I'm afraid she still lays dormant in the same mind-state from 6 years ago.
Now I'm a vegan, who educated herself of all the cruelties, all the foods, candies, personal products with animal in it.
She continues to eat fish, wears leather, eats candy with gelatin, washes with soap that contains tallow. I want to talk to her about it but, I know her situation, she is in a very poor family, she has no job and cant pay for college so she cannot afford to live the way I am living.
I think the decision to go further is hers to make. She'll do the research on her own time if she is the compassionate vegetarian she sets out to be.

Other people:
A friend from band class is a vegetarian. She too, consumes things with gelatin in them, but she is mostly new to it and is educating herself on it.

A fellow "bus-mate" she recently dropped fish from her diet, and is continually doing research on what to eat and what not to eat. I'm proud of her.

My sister's neighbor, a vegetarian. I dont know much about her. I'm not sure if she went vegan or not.

A friend's girlfriend. She is a vegan.

I run into vegetarians all the time when they come to Panera Bread.

I just have yet to run into any male vegetarians face to face. I only know of a few on the internet.

I guess the statistic was "11% of americans that are vegetarian are female, 1% are male" or something.  

Pandemasu

superpuffermonkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:54 am
I dont kno any confused  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I don't know any other vegans or vegetarians at all. Basically everyone I know in school (and I know basically everyone in eighth grade and a few in seventh) which makes me pretty lonely. I wish there were others that I could talk to about animal rights that would actually give a damn and not start an argument.  

Kurbis

Newbie Noob

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Tirpse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:19 pm
I only know one person who is a vegetarian, and I moved away from her nearly four years ago. We still talk occasionally, but I never really thought of making any use of her or going to her.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff