Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphine-Exalted

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:33 am
fire - link
Seraphine-Exalted
I quite like your primarch , I do however believe that for fluff reasons his head should be detached from the rest of his body.

actually, the drop-site massacre was a controversial fluff, there are 2 stories, in one, mannus is decapitated and his head is presented to Horus, in the other, he is mortally wounded, but the Adeptus Mechanicus take him to Mars and he lives there still. either way, i would only use him as Mannus in Pre-heresy games.

i love the ad.mechs, they are ruled by the necrons! (the admech god, the omnisiah, is apparently a giant metal dragon, so it's probably the necron void dragon)

Your assumption on the admechs is more controversial than mannus' death razz . Gamesworkshop has always had a sort of system were latest fluff counts, hence i assume he is really dead. That aside, if anything the admech would be ruled by C'tan, not necron, I know you meant that but nitpicking needs to be done.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:33 pm
In the Horus Heresy novel "Fulgrim" Manus is killed. The Horus Heresy novels are new canon, all things before that are now considered non-canon or idle fan speculation.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am
i dont mind about it anyway, i dont play iron hands or ad.mech, i jut have a secondfouding chapter with admech influences, but it is fun to read all the different stories, but thanks for the comments anyway brookman/seraphine.

but, with fluff by the wayside again, i have now made some updates:

- after test playing the land stormer, i found that the autocannon wasnt a suitable weapon, it didnt shoot enough, even with the stormbolter, it wasnt what i wanted, so instead i have mounted an assault cannon (converted from an AutoCannon and a Tau Burst-Gun) instead, which seems to be doing the job i wanted without overpowering the vehicle.

- another veteran squad made from Black Templar Sword Brethren has been built/painted.

- i have added a second bike to my army, now i just need 1 more to be able to feild them as a squad

- i am debating whether to by the Apocalypse Supression Force (2 Whirlwinds, a command land speeder) (it is the same cost as buying 1 whirly and a land speeder, but i get another whirly and a command frame free)  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:35 pm
I like how the renegade squad is turning out, looks neat.

Also, get the Supression force. Whirlwinds are fun.  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:29 pm
nooooo, i got paid today, which means i now have £70 spare, (i have a lot more, but 2 thirds of all i earn goes into my 'car fund') which means i can now buy "Guitar Hero III"... supression force or GH3... *sigh* why is life full of hard choices... i really want another 2 tanks, which would give me 7 marine tanks (a rhino, a predator, 2 razorbacks, a LR Crusader, 2 whirly's) but i also really want to play "Impulse" by "An Endless Sporadic" or "Before I Forget" by "Slipknot"...  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:58 pm
... i failed in my duty to the emporer... i bought "Guitar Hero III"... *hangs head in shame*... on the plus side, i have beaten the game, and 100%'d "Radio Song" by "SuperBus" and "Welcome to the Jungle" by "Guns and Roses"  

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:23 am
20/5 - i have updated a lot, including doing an overhaul of all the images, any low-quality ones have been replaced and a lot of new photos added.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:33 pm
You do the painting on guns and such REALLY well, I'm impressed by that a lot, but your painting on other surfaces (like faces, or shoulder pads) is a bit glaring to me.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:06 am
DarkElf27
You do the painting on guns and such REALLY well, I'm impressed by that a lot, but your painting on other surfaces (like faces, or shoulder pads) is a bit glaring to me.

thanks for the compliment on the 1st bit... as for the rest, my Invix chapter is being pushed out of the proverbial limelight and replaced by my new chapter, the Black Templars. which hopefully wont look glaringly bad as i have learned a lot in my past months absence and have been doing a lot of new painting techniques (light effects and NMM anyone?) along with creating more spectacular sculpts (in my opinion) and having money to burn on modelling materials, models and plasticard.

as for the templars, i have a squad of neophytes, a squad of initiates, chaplain grimaldus, a razorback, a predator and Lord Castellan Draco (limited edition model from when the latest templars were released, i have had it a while now, but never even taken it out of the blister)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:23 am
ARGH!!! i just went to plug my phone into my laptop to upload the photo's of the templars and remaining Invix, only to find that the USB plug on one end of the cable is crushed and the thingy inside it shattered... so i'm goona need a new cable. i think my dad has one so i will go collect it from him later.  

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:31 am
fire - link
ARGH!!! i just went to plug my phone into my laptop to upload the photo's of the templars and remaining Invix, only to find that the USB plug on one end of the cable is crushed and the thingy inside it shattered... so i'm goona need a new cable. i think my dad has one so i will go collect it from him later.
You've been using a cell phone to take the pictures? surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:44 am
DarkElf27
fire - link
You've been using a cell phone to take the pictures? surprised

yeah, its a sony-ericsson cybershot, the latest model. it does high quality photos, most of my resent shots were done with it. whereas the poor quality old photos are done with my old digital camera, but i have had the cybershot mobile phone about 2 months now.

also, my dad let a freind of his borrow his cable. so im gonna have to wait until my dad gets it back before uploading again.  

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:38 pm
Nice, I didn't realize they had cell phones that had cameras that good on them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:49 am
yeah, sony erricson does 2 types of phone, The Cybershot Phone (Named after their cybershot digital camera, it has a high quality camera and good quality music) and the Walkman Phone (named after The Walkman Music Payer, it has High Quality Music and good quality Camera)

i have both, i use the walkman the most, as the cybershot is newer and i dont want it damaged, but i use the CS for photos  

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:47 am
Any luck in getting that cable back yet?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff