Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
African American Goth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your race?
  African american
  Caucasian
  Oriental
  Hispanic
  Other?
View Results

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 am
Rellik San
Lazarus The Resurected
babykitty18
MortSanglant
Based on the gothic stereotype of wearing all black, the black people have us white kids beat. xD

Anyway, who cares. You like what you like.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes we do have u beat! lmao jkjkjk
But, when i use to go to a "white" school my freshman and s'more (lol) year and i would dress goth, they would label me freak of nature because i didn't hang out with the "black ppl" group nor did i hang with all the "pale-skin wanna be goths" (as many ppl called them) I just hung with who would accept me...and even those ppl had stereotypes to cast at me. stare It was hard, until i transfered to a public "black and Hispanic" school in the city area where i was accepted. There were black,white, Hispanic, Asian and middle eastern goths all rolled up and talkin to everyone! So now I'm less stereotyped...yet i do get the occasional weirdo looks but they've gotten use to me xd
The only one who won't accept me is my own guardian...now thats a war that i can't wait for to be over... stare

we all have the issue with the parental units. i moved out.

I don't, I get on with my parents just fine.

Yup, me too.
My parents drink more than me when we go to parties.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:08 pm
Same goes for Hispanic kids. I get off 'cause I have pale skin, but the other latino "dark" kids that I know are made fun of for drifting away from the latino wannabe gangbanger stereotype. They have a tough time with parents because they break the mold and thus become ostracized by their peers as well.

Kostbarer Alptraum

Lucifer of Love

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:43 am
Kostbarer Alptraum
Same goes for Hispanic kids. I get off 'cause I have pale skin, but the other latino "dark" kids that I know are made fun of for drifting away from the latino wannabe gangbanger stereotype. They have a tough time with parents because they break the mold and thus become ostracized by their peers as well.

I hear you on that one. Mainly my little brother's friends make fun of me but I won't let that go over my head. But between them and my little brother, I must say that my brother's is the intellegent one between in the bunch since he has the actual guts to say that every person has their own tastes and clothing.

Other than that, whenever I say I'm hispanic, people thinks it's either "Wicked!" or "It's something rare."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 pm
If one happens to be African American but more toward the punk/goth persuasion, more power to them. I've seen some killer punks with awesome mohawks and DIY clothing. Same with goth. I do admit that when I see girls or guys who happen to have a darker skintone and yet dress in a much more goth persuasion it does catch my attention, but I think that should more be a comment on society as to why there's so little subculture diffusion within certain minorities.

On that note, I also realize certain subcultures retain aspects of one's actual culture, and several of my friends do honor their culture, or enjoy some of the music that's associated with it (such as: my close friend is St. Lucian, grew up on Caribbean music and loves a good beat. His favorite band is Dir en grey, however, and he likes wearing skinny jeans) but still prefer to take their interests elsewhere.  

Mina

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 pm
Psychic Szima
Kostbarer Alptraum

I hear you on that one. Mainly my little brother's friends make fun of me but I won't let that go over my head. But between them and my little brother, I must say that my brother's is the intellegent one between in the bunch since he has the actual guts to say that every person has their own tastes and clothing.

Other than that, whenever I say I'm hispanic, people thinks it's either "Wicked!" or "It's something rare."

Wherever you are, people seem very open minded to your situation, and that's wonderful. Say, how old is your little brother?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:31 pm
Kostbarer Alptraum
Psychic Szima
Kostbarer Alptraum

Wherever you are, people seem very open minded to your situation, and that's wonderful. Say, how old is your little brother?

He's 19 and I'm 20. I'll be 21 in May, though.  

Lucifer of Love

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:13 pm
Psychic Szima

^_^;
By little I thought you meant eight years old or below the teens. What's up with the friends anyway? Shouldn't they know better?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:29 am
Kostbarer Alptraum
Psychic Szima

^_^;
By little I thought you meant eight years old or below the teens. What's up with the friends anyway? Shouldn't they know better?

Hahaha, yeah, I know what you ment there. XD But even if I haven't seen them for some time now, I think most of them have simply given up their acts.  

Lucifer of Love

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

babykitty18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:45 am
Rellik San
Vampiric_will
I was raised to think that everyone is equal. I would treat you good. I'm not a bad person.
*Childish voice* Someones trying to get into her panties. razz

That was unexpected eek  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:49 am
babykitty18
Rellik San
Vampiric_will
I was raised to think that everyone is equal. I would treat you good. I'm not a bad person.

That was unexpected eek

Really? rofl  

AdrianaKitten

babykitty18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:51 am
AdrianaKitten
babykitty18
Rellik San
Vampiric_will

That was unexpected eek

Really? rofl

yes reallly, i know im hot but damn! lmfao1 jkjkjkjkjkjk xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:54 am
Tainted Deity
Rellik San
Lazarus The Resurected
babykitty18
MortSanglant
Based on the gothic stereotype of wearing all black, the black people have us white kids beat. xD

But, when i use to go to a "white" school my freshman and s'more (lol) year and i would dress goth, they would label me freak of nature because i didn't hang out with the "black ppl" group nor did i hang with all the "pale-skin wanna be goths" (as many ppl called them) I just hung with who would accept me...and even those ppl had stereotypes to cast at me. stare It was hard, until i transfered to a public "black and Hispanic" school in the city area where i was accepted. There were black,white, Hispanic, Asian and middle eastern goths all rolled up and talkin to everyone! So now I'm less stereotyped...yet i do get the occasional weirdo looks but they've gotten use to me xd
The only one who won't accept me is my own guardian...now thats a war that i can't wait for to be over... stare

Yup, me too.

well yall just lucky as hell cuz i can't move out (no money no friends will take me in) and remember these aren't my parents (guardians) so us not getting along isn't surprising. xp  

babykitty18

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:04 pm
i empathize. i get this same s**t everywhere i go, because i'm not "like other black kids".
like, my school has a mostly white population, but of the few black kids that are there, most don't even like me because i'm don't fit into the stereotype like they do. which is fine by me because if they don't accept me for who i am, then ******** them. and my mom has gotten on me because my taste in music or clothing isn't "black". well, i mean, my clothes are black, but you get the point. its gotten so bad now that the jerks in my school have given me the name "gothic n***a" i'm honestly not offended by it, and sometimes i find it quite amusing because it shows how ignorant they're being and intolerant of my differences.
but ******** them, i am not defined by my skin color or any of my other physical attributes that i know some people limit themselves by. i am defined by the person i am on the inside. and my inside has no color. (actually, my innards are redish, i'm assuming, but you get the point.)
so my advice to others with the same problem is, as long as you are being yourself, no one can hurt you, i guess. god i rant too much.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:23 pm
babykitty18
Tainted Deity
Rellik San
Lazarus The Resurected
babykitty18
MortSanglant

Yup, me too.

well yall just lucky as hell cuz i can't move out (no money no friends will take me in) and remember these aren't my parents (guardians) so us not getting along isn't surprising. xp

homelessness, not such a bad thing as long as you know how to panhandle and sleep with weapons close to hand. (note i don't actually advise this, looking back it sucked but having been past that point in my life i can shrug it off)  

Gaylord Mule 3

babykitty18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:43 am
Lazarus The Resurected
babykitty18
Tainted Deity
Rellik San
Lazarus The Resurected

Yup, me too.

homelessness, not such a bad thing as long as you know how to panhandle and sleep with weapons close to hand. (note i don't actually advise this, looking back it sucked but having been past that point in my life i can shrug it off)

gahh! i couldn't do! not in this city...i'd be raped by every dude in the city (im not good wit weapons) sweatdrop  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff