Yes!!!!!
  No...
  GOLD!
  Pikachu!
View Results

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:15 pm
[ .Night Sky. ]
I laugh at some of these, seriously charizard...That thing takes 1 hit from a medicham and goes down.

Togekiss is harder then that thing is.

Legends...Those that are listed are killed easy as well.

Well you go ahead and laugh, this are peoples opinions you don't need to be rude.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:59 pm
[ .Night Sky. ]
I laugh at some of these, seriously charizard...That thing takes 1 hit from a medicham and goes down.

Please, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Any Pokemon can be strong with proper training. Just because you've never fought a really strong Charizard doesn't mean they're all weak. Honestly, I've never fought a strong Medicham or Togekiss.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but don't insult others just because your opinions clash.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

[ .Night Sky. ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:12 pm
Negai Boshi
[ .Night Sky. ]

Any Pokemon can be strong with proper training. Just because you've never fought a really strong Charizard doesn't mean they're all weak. Honestly, I've never fought a strong Medicham or Togekiss.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but don't insult others just because your opinions clash.

Yea it's my opinion on the matter, Also not true on any pokemon can be.
You can't make a baby strong, doesn't work to well.

Another thing most of those named off could be easily 1 hit with the right move, Rayquaza has a 4 Times weakness to Ice, hit it with an Ice beam from say a frosslass, it's gone.

Also not fighting a strong medicham...If it's adamant say only 220 atk, it's 440 attack with it's ability.

As for togekiss, Serene Grace + Timid nature + scarf + Air slash gets you 1st move over most things and 60% to flinch rate.

It may be an opinion but with out fact backing it, it's not worth to much.

As I said about Rayquaza, I gave it a Boosting Sp.Def nature.

With a frosslass normal sp.atk, now I added stab and item with it's weakness to ice

Damage ranges from 390-459, thats with Ice beam, now tell me for one you would out speed it since frosslass is faster and yea unless it had a sash which most don't it wouldn't be living.

with out the item 355-417

I mean not unless the thing is Max Hp, and you don't get lucky and hit the max damage it will last 2 turns.

Also WITHOUT the Boost Sp.Def nature the damage is from 388-456 no boost item.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:26 pm
[ .Night Sky. ]
Negai Boshi
[ .Night Sky. ]

Yea it's my opinion on the matter, Also not true on any pokemon can be.
You can't make a baby strong, doesn't work to well.

Another thing most of those named off could be easily 1 hit with the right move, Rayquaza has a 4 Times weakness to Ice, hit it with an Ice beam from say a frosslass, it's gone.

Also not fighting a strong medicham...If it's adamant say only 220 atk, it's 440 attack with it's ability.

As for togekiss, Serene Grace + Timid nature + scarf + Air slash gets you 1st move over most things and 60% to flinch rate.

It may be an opinion but with out fact backing it, it's not worth to much.

As I said about Rayquaza, I gave it a Boosting Sp.Def nature.

With a frosslass normal sp.atk, now I added stab and item with it's weakness to ice

Damage ranges from 390-459, thats with Ice beam, now tell me for one you would out speed it since frosslass is faster and yea unless it had a sash which most don't it wouldn't be living.

with out the item 355-417

I mean not unless the thing is Max Hp, and you don't get lucky and hit the max damage it will last 2 turns.

Also WITHOUT the Boost Sp.Def nature the damage is from 388-456 no boost item.

Okay, let's do it the anime way. Stats are not measured in numbers. Items don't do anything. There are no natures that affect battles.

With simplicity like that, any Pokemon can be strong. And really that's what the spirit of Pokemon is about. It's not all calculations and perfect move sets. It's a lot about luck. And from my experiance, you enjoy the game a LOT more when you think of it that way, rather than trying to raise some perfect Pokemon. For example, I think Froslass is freakish looking, so I wouldn't raise one. I think Charizard is awesome, so I always raise one. I enjoy the game more that way.

The games aren't the only aspect of Pokemon. I will forever beleive that any Pokemon can be strong, even if it has to be outside of the games because the coding won;'t allow it. That's my opinion. I don't need facts to know it's worth just as much as your opinion. Pokemon are fictional, so there's never any ultimate truth to them. They are what they are.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

[ .Night Sky. ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:39 pm
Before I even go any farther...You bring the anime up.

Where does it say Hardest to beat "IN THE ANIME"? No where...So bring up ill relevant things such as that doesn't help your case at all.

Also would love to see you make a bidoof strong.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:49 pm
It doesn't say "in the anime" but it also doesn't say "in the games."

When I wrote it, I intended for it to combine all aspects of Pokemon, not just the games. That would include the anime, the TCG, the spinoff games, those little toys Burger King gave out with it's kid's meals about 9 years ago, etc. Pokemon is not just a video game, and that's what sets it apart.

In all honesty, I'm horrible at raising Pokemon in the games because it's so time consuming and I'd rather be battling for fun and searching for wild Pokemon. But I'm sure it's possible to have a strong Bidoof, and I'm sure someone out there has done it. If you take the world outside of the games, there's no reason why Bidoof can't be just as strong as any other Pokemon.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

DelitaKingdrake

8,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:43 am
Negai Boshi
By GSC trio, do you mean the starters, or the cats/dogs???
And who is J?
Ment suicune entei and raikou, J's a pokemon hunter from the episode 'mutiny in the bounty' I think it was called, might be in others, b***h bronzed a gardevoir >.o  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:04 pm
DelitaKingdrake
Negai Boshi
By GSC trio, do you mean the starters, or the cats/dogs???
And who is J?
Ment suicune entei and raikou, J's a pokemon hunter from the episode 'mutiny in the bounty' I think it was called, might be in others, b***h bronzed a gardevoir >.o

Okay, I'll add those then.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Suuushio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:47 pm
Strongest Non-Legendary Pokemon: Charizard
Strongest Legendary: Mewtwo
Cutest Pokemon: Vulpix
Coolest Pokemon: Lucario
Most Beautiful Pokemon: Ninetails
Ugliest Pokemon: Probopass/Purugly
Scariest Pokemon: Dusknoir
Most Annoying Pokemon To Fight Against: Zubat
Hardest Pokemon To Catch: Latias/Latios
Pokemon Who Gets More Popularity Than It Deserves: Pikachu
Pokemon Deserving More Popularity Than It Gets: Totodile
Best Pokemon Design: Eeveelutions
Pokemon With The Best Possible Moveset: Mew
Pokemon With The Best English Name: Ninetales
Pokemon With The Worst English Name: Piplup
Most irritating Pokemon: Zigzagoon
Best Looking Shiny Pokemon: Charizard
Rarest Pokemon: Celebi

Overall Favorite Pokemon: Charizard

Best Pokemon Type: Dragon/Fire
Hardest Type Of Pokemon To Beat: Dragon
Best Pokemon Move: Aura Sphere
Worst Pokemon Move: Splash
Most Annoying Move: Any One Hit KO
Best Pokemon Ability: Pressure
Best In-game Item: Max Revive
Item You Wish They Had Never Included: Shards
Best Pokemon Game so far: Ruby/Sapphire
Best Spin-Off Game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team
Best Gym Leader: Wiona
Worst Gym Leader: Jamie

Best Episode Of The Anime: Here Come the Squirtle Squad
Best Movie: Destiny Deoxys
Favorite Anime Character: (Don't have one)
Least Favorite Anime Character: J
Most Memorable Anime Moment: Charizard Roasting Ash  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas