Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:56 pm
I was hoping that this weeks episode was it, not that I want to see L die, but I want to talk about it with my friend that only watches the dub. I also want to talk to him about Near/Mello/Matt/Mikami and the inside jokes like Light's swimming lessons and other things.
I already talk about Matt a little bit since he didn't have a big part, but I'm also afriad of spoiling the series for him in my excitment.

I don't remember if I cried when L died, but since I saw the anime version first, and it was so obvious with the mood being set, I couldn't help but think the whole episode, "Oh god please no, this can't be, nononono..." and then he died. Very Sad.
I found Light tolerable until Near came to the spotlight. The last chapter/episode might have been less laughable to me if I still liked Kira at that point in the series. :[  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:48 pm
I saw it once and never again. I hated the fact that Light would kill his best friend just because 'he had a world to purify'. His whole fake act made me want to whack his head with a titanium pipe until his skull shattered. twisted

But I suppose his actual death wasn't too bad. He didn't give Light the satisfaction of watching him die miserably. He just peacefully slipped away. That, and he was pretty much expected to die on the case, anyways. It just proves he's all the more experienced in life than Light.
scream Utopia my a**! He killed L all for his ideal of a freakin' perfect world! Moron stressed !

..sorry sweatdrop . I will stop ranting now...  

Red Kasei

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 pm
@Gabby Logic: This week shouldn't be it, unless where you live is a week ahead of where I live. I'm pretty sure this week's episode is the 24th. Then next week's will be the 25th.

@Red Kasei: His whole friendship was an act while he was Kira. While his memories were gone, yes, they were friends, but in the 24th episode, when he gets his memories back, it's all an act again. I agree with you too, I would love to smack Kira's head with a titanium pipe. You have some really good points.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:37 pm
I was just saying that I wanted it over with. Plus I couldn't remember all that happens in the next episode. Just Higuchi's end, and Light regaining his memories. I thought that maybe there would be more time for L's death, but the episodes are short and episode 25 set a specific mood so I'm sure that episode 24 is this weeks episode.

@Red Kasei: Light was prepared to sacrafice his own father for his new world. So it's nothing for Light, whom regained his memories at that point to have L dead. When L died he was just Kira's enemy, not Light's 'friend'.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:50 pm
Oh okay. I gotcha now. Sorry, I didn't take the time to actually process what you said before, but now I understand.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:40 pm
The monday after that episode comes on is when i start taking the tests that determine if if i move up in school or not. emo It's gonna be a sad, sad, week. crying crying crying crying crying crying crying cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
*breaks down* HELP ME STAY ALIVE!!!!! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying !  

xKayoko_scissor-heartx

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:05 pm
Oh, I'm so sorry!! We just finished with testing here at my school, at least, sophomores and freshman did. But still, that's very depressing to have to take a huge test like that after watching such a sad episode of DN. I wouldn't be able to concentrate.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:03 am
i actually thought i was the only one who cried, became emo for weeks, and stopped watching death note for a while when L died. But later on, i realized that if those happened to me, there was a big chance that they happened to others too because i usually just smile as if it doesn't bother me... but if it has made me break down like that...  

SeraphicAssassin

Ablepsy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:20 am
Life beats down and crushes the soul...

I've actually forced myself to watch/read THAT part several times so it
won't bother me as much anymore.
It still makes me sad, but not to the same degree, and I can watch/read it
straight through now without cringing, and looking away. (...Too much)
;_;
*Huggles L figure-thing from the DVD boxes*

But I do love how in the beginning you see Child!L!!
*Points to sig*
That and the L and Light drying each other off make the episode worth it.
*Pats on head*
YOU CAN DO IT!!

...and art reminds you that you have one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:00 pm
Ablepsy
Life beats down and crushes the soul...

I've actually forced myself to watch/read THAT part several times so it
won't bother me as much anymore.
It still makes me sad, but not to the same degree, and I can watch/read it
straight through now without cringing, and looking away. (...Too much)
;_;
*Huggles L figure-thing from the DVD boxes*

But I do love how in the beginning you see Child!L!!
*Points to sig*
That and the L and Light drying each other off make the episode worth it.
*Pats on head*
YOU CAN DO IT!!

...and art reminds you that you have one.

OMG!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN CHILD L!! So kawaii!  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

IttyBittyKitty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:57 am
I thought this week's episode was the one where L ...well, I guess yesterday's

I got all snuggled up with a blanket and my L plushie and almost cried during then intro then- wait, this isn't the 25th episode...

I ran upstairs to tell my parents...who (if they didn't already) think I am insane.

*overjoyed*

But, even if it makes me sad, I want to see L die in English. It's just one of those things you bear because it means something to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:29 pm
ive been watching it weekly on adult swim, and yesterday's episode made me FREAK because it was episode 24 and I knew that L dies in 25... damn you Light!  

kellyphantom

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:18 pm
In the preview for the next episode, L sounded so sad while saying "goodbye" it almost made me cry then. D;  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:18 am
Kaede says:

.. You know, when I first watched it; I cried.

Then I told my friend, and he was like, "Lmao. Kira pwnz."
.. Then I cried some more. I kind of want to watch it, sorta, since I've been watching the dub for a bit now.. but.

The thought of watching him die again just makes me want to burst into tears. I got so sad that I couldn't really concentrate at work. Ahh, I emo'd while facing my aisles. emo

*Sad squeal.* I'm excited, because it's another episode, but! I'm sad because he dies. ; __ ;
But it's true! At least he didn't like, die all "asdfjayugwbrjwtfbloodeverywherescreamscream," you know? D: I'm glad he left pretty peacefully. T__T;

*.. Bounces.*

0nee-san

Timid Kitten

16,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cytomander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:26 am
♪♫♪♫

I THINK THIS WOULD BE THE BEST PLACE TO ASK.

Does anyone happen to have a gif of L falling out of his chair during... that scene? I'm pretty sure I've seen one before.

♪♫♪♫

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces