Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:19 am
Storm Daughter
Generally people that hate on other people is because they are not secure in their self esteem unless they feel a part of their "in group" (I swear it is a real psychological term). In oder to feel secure, they reject anyone that is not a member of the in group, (think religious fanatics, KKK, even rednecks). The only way they will stop hating is if they reevaluate their entire means of garnering self esteem and their identity.
The groups they hate can be altered, but not their penchant for hating.

Carry a gun.

That's very true. the only reason people hate those who are different is because it makes them feel better about themselves.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm
itsalwaysbeentoolate
sadly i dont believe that much can be done. people just want to hate other people because theyre different. i dont know why. i agree that it is horrible but i just dont know if we can reach those people and make them change their ways.

I have been bullied, for countless things. This case is a terrible one... crying
If someone had been there, with the guts to stand up to the attackers, perhaps things would have ended better.

It is true that we can't always change the people who hate for no good
reason, but we can make it a point to step up for someone who is being attacked, even if we don't know them, or the odds are against us.
In the end, we all spill red blood, and we all feel pain, whether goth, or not.  

Clockwork Souls

Desirable Dabbler

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:42 am
BlueQuartzAssasin
itsalwaysbeentoolate
sadly i dont believe that much can be done. people just want to hate other people because theyre different. i dont know why. i agree that it is horrible but i just dont know if we can reach those people and make them change their ways.

I have been bullied, for countless things. This case is a terrible one... crying
If someone had been there, with the guts to stand up to the attackers, perhaps things would have ended better.

reason, but we can make it a point to step up for someone who is being attacked, even if we don't know them, or the odds are against us.

I agree. The thing about being bullied sometimes is that people just watch or don't say anything...especially if it's just name calling..because people don't think it can hurt much or that the person might not be as affected as they are. I used to try to make it look like I wasn't that bothered, but inside I was really hurt by being picked on all the time..even though it was nothing by name calling.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:42 pm
Shadow__Dweller
BlueQuartzAssasin
itsalwaysbeentoolate

I agree. The thing about being bullied sometimes is that people just watch or don't say anything...especially if it's just name calling..because people don't think it can hurt much or that the person might not be as affected as they are. I used to try to make it look like I wasn't that bothered, but inside I was really hurt by being picked on all the time..even though it was nothing by name calling.

Yeah, words really can hurt a person...even so much as causing physical illness. "It's only name calling" is just an excuse for them to not help, since they've probably been hurt, & are afraid to help. Pretending it doesn't get to you is something I had to do, too. I was nicknamed the goth queen after a while, & sometimes I'd have people ask me 'wow, it just doesn't get you? I wish I was like that'...I'd laugh at the irony, & acted like the words fell off me, but they sunk in like poison. I'm sorry you were treated that way...& for the record, I'd totally stick up for you :0 You deserve to be loved!  

Clockwork Souls

Desirable Dabbler

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 pm
Words do hurt, because they come from the heart and they go to the heart. Words can mentally scar people... which can be worse than physical scars on the skin.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 am
Isu2u Sohma
Shadow__Dweller
BlueQuartzAssasin
itsalwaysbeentoolate

Yeah, words really can hurt a person...even so much as causing physical illness. "It's only name calling" is just an excuse for them to not help, since they've probably been hurt, & are afraid to help. Pretending it doesn't get to you is something I had to do, too. I was nicknamed the goth queen after a while, & sometimes I'd have people ask me 'wow, it just doesn't get you? I wish I was like that'...I'd laugh at the irony, & acted like the words fell off me, but they sunk in like poison. I'm sorry you were treated that way...& for the record, I'd totally stick up for you :0 You deserve to be loved!

aw thanks. Since school I've never had anything like that...the childish people just don't come into my life anymore.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

*Debaters Cavern*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas