Dying
  Dead
View Results

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:02 pm
people taking Calc 3 are only inflicting it upon them selves domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:10 pm
I blame wanting to go into engineering.

I wish music would get you paid enough to go into that...  

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:45 pm
indeed

i know 3 local bands who succumbed to rent checks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:03 pm
I'll never stop b/c of not getting enough money.

I just need to major in something that will make me money. lol.  

Guns of Navarone

Lethal_Injektion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:40 pm
ska isnt dead around here(los angeles ska scene) blaugh

just a lot of fights and every backyard show gets raided
sad  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:07 am
Lethal_Injektion

sad

wtf kinda ska scene is that  

Guns of Navarone

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:10 pm
The problem here is the last two venues here that are all ages are also church funded and have a rep for hosting; metalcore, grindcore, and Powerpop bands.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:31 am
Status Quo Joe
The problem here is the last two venues here that are all ages are also church funded and have a rep for hosting; metalcore, grindcore, and Powerpop bands.

... powerpop I could see. but church funded... hosting the first 2? what? confused.

find a good DIY venue, or someones who has a house, or hell, you have a house right?

there are always places to play, you just have to look hard enough.  

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 am
There are a lot of church funded venues in Nash. that do the bigger Hardcore and Metal shows here in nashville.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:17 pm
Slag10
There are a lot of church funded venues in Nash. that do the bigger Hardcore and Metal shows here in nashville.

that... is weird...

then again I've played at this bar twice that confuses the ******** out of me...

bottom floor=bar
top floor=catholic house thing?

idk what, but catholic anything above a bar is just confusing. yeah I'll goto church lemme get waisted on the way though?  

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:57 pm
lets not forget our Catholic stereotypes now- they drink like mofo's. case in point- the irish.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 am
Slag10
lets not forget our Catholic stereotypes now- they drink like mofo's. case in point- the irish.

yeah but still. idk I just find it odd to have some kinda catholic thing above a bar. even if they all drink all the time, idk. seems retarded. specially since you're not supposed to curse there.  

Guns of Navarone

Lethal_Injektion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:41 pm
Guns of Navarone
Lethal_Injektion

sad

punks and psychos neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:36 pm
Lethal_Injektion
Guns of Navarone
Lethal_Injektion

sad

punks and psychos neutral

they still play ska shows at the allen threater in LA and i think the showcase theater out in corona  

TeRRoR HooLiGaN

Onewing949

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:02 pm
I blame songs like Soulja boy too! What has become of Ska! There hasn't been a ska concert since around New Years when Streetlight came, and I missed it! but in Jully there's gonna be a Mighty Mighty Bosstone and dropkick Murphy concert. If there is any place in the US that needs ska it's here in the Detroit area. I'm sick of living in the most segregated place in the continental United Stated. Which if there is any reason that I would be afraid to go to a ska concert is that they are usually in very bad neighborhood here. I really don't wanna die by getting shot for being white while going to a ska concert. it would be too ironic. There is a street not too far South from here called Martin luther King street. Of course all the residents on the street are black. and every white man that goes down that street is beaten down or shot. If you find yourself in the wrong neighborhood you might not make it out. There is no unity here. There are 1,000 students in my school but only 4 or 5 of them are black.
As for the ska scene i don't really know how to revive it. I hardly know anyone that has even heard of ska before. Keep it alive, keep listening to ska, and keep skanking to the beat. and if anyone asks what ska is act like the should know. "You don't know what ska is?!"
I try my hardest to keep it going here, but everyone here seems to just follow the major trends.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff