Gaia Cash Shop
  Pure Gaia Greed
  It's all good...
  Not sure..
  Never bought anything with Gaian Cash.
View Results

marquess klink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:34 am
by the way my aunt is a network admin of a T1 network for a hospital she has to take care of all network issues for all nursing and staff as well as the website over 250 work stations and multiple serves i do know how that stuff works because i set up ever single one of those damn workstations and got them connected to the network i know it isnt cheep to run servers and such believe me i know all the work that goes into it  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:45 pm
@klink
But they were.. they did not always advertise and stuff that is all for the most part only very new you know that.. LOL but.. I'm sure they are not stuggling at all know

Foghorn_Moonlight_Goddess

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

marquess klink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:44 pm
foghorn_moonlight_goddess
@klink
But they were.. they did not always advertise and stuff that is all for the most part only very new you know that.. LOL but.. I'm sure they are not stuggling at all know
the point i was trying to draw is they made enough on the donation items the adds were next then the advertisements then the cash shop and since the cash shop pretty much a lot of the classic idea of gaia disappeared they have been putting more attention into the cash shop and different things that promote some company like all of the expansions in cars and towns their focus has disappeared from the events and the development of NPC story lines honestly the only thing i feel has anything that resembles classic gaia dialog i just want gaia to come back to us  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:04 am
marquess klink
i think you all over estimate the costs that gaia needs to run
most donation letters now have three items in them quick question how many letters do you all buy a month?
Usually Four.

SkyKat

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:36 am
SkyKat
marquess klink
most donation letters now have three items in them quick question how many letters do you all buy a month?
Usually Four.

In 2004, since March of that year I would pay for 8 Letters a month. $20x10(months)= $200

In 2005 to Oct. 2007 I began to loyally donate $40x33(months)= $1,320

Oct 18th 2007 I increased my payment for cards at: $50x6(months)= $300

total: $1,820 in donations to Gaia. Now I know I'm not the only person on Gaia who donates this kind of money. In the month that I joined Gaia a guy I knew called Raptor from the club told me that he was already donating $50 a month for letters to horde and sell off in the exchange. How many people are on Gaia? I'm sure in all those millions that a good portion donate like I do. And I'm just one member. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:27 am
~ Anime Betty ~
SkyKat
marquess klink
Usually Four.

In 2004, since March of that year I would pay for 8 Letters a month. $20x10(months)= $200

total: $1,820 in donations to Gaia. Now I know I'm not the only person on Gaia who donates this kind of money. In the month that I joined Gaia a guy I knew called Raptor from the club told me that he was already donating $50 a month for letters to horde and sell off in the exchange. How many people are on Gaia? I'm sure in all those millions that a good portion donate like I do. And I'm just one member. neutral
3nodding not to mention their partnerships with MTV Scion Nike and many many others and they still front as they are barely scraping through their newest ploy is to massively add new members you saw their competition to promote gaia now they have free advertising
makes you wonder on perhaps the encyclopedia dramtica was correct by calling gaia the gateway to internet hell (they call them this for their profit gouging and for the many people who hang out on gaia and believe they are gods gift to the universe and better than everyone else)  

marquess klink

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:45 pm
Nothing to do with free advertising.. Its fun.. I would enjoy doing something like that .. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:48 pm
How do you think Gaia Admin can go on rode trips to all those conventions all the time? They are hella rich now. The last two Fanime Cons in my area they have a more advanced Gaia Booth set up in the Dealers room, complete with four or five computers hooked up and online for new people to try out Gaia from the Convention for the first time. Lanzer was even put on TV on our local news talking about the future of online entertainment and communities. Gaia is getting free advertisement and free item design ideas. Those people aren't being paid for their ideas on new items to be sold in the Cash Shop or for getting spots on TV promoting Gaia. What I hate is the whole Gaia experience is starting to depreciate in the eyes of the Admin. They really don't care about putting on great events anymore for us. And with VO being gone there goes the NPC stories. He left Gaia to work on Robotech something irl. Thats why all the new eyes put out on Gaia don't even resemble Anime eyes anymore. ~__~  

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:11 pm
marquess klink
~ Anime Betty ~
SkyKat
marquess klink
Usually Four.

3nodding not to mention their partnerships with MTV Scion Nike and many many others and they still front as they are barely scraping through their newest ploy is to massively add new members you saw their competition to promote gaia now they have free advertising
makes you wonder on perhaps the encyclopedia dramtica was correct by calling gaia the gateway to internet hell (they call them this for their profit gouging and for the many people who hang out on gaia and believe they are gods gift to the universe and better than everyone else)
One day I'll look at my energy and phone bills and see the Gaia Logo in the upper left corner. Or maybe there will be a Ball park owned by Gaia. gonk They are planning to take over aren't they?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:12 am
Nothing to do with free advertising.. Its fun.. I would enjoy doing something like that .. smile
what do you mean that is exactly what it is about the objective is to do something flashy to show gaiaonline to as many people as possible the more you influence the better just like those kids got gaia recognition on good morning america they just felt like doing it but you have any idea how many millions of people watch that show gaia was shown to millions of people and didnt pay for a commercial spot no some kids just flashed a banner and got noticed and thats what they want you to do their foot work and how better than a form of competition you will see gaia stickers popping up on everything you will see kids trying to get articles about it in the local papers or something similar like the good morning america event yes you win a competition or whatever but gaia is using this to have you do promotion work for them cause yeah it costs a lot of money to air anything on tv or print or advertise in any type of media word of moth is most effective for recruitment of active members which is why they always encouraged inviting friends but this is farther than that they are having you give your effort to have them promoted with print video or what ever means and the bigger the better

@betty we are going to see people trying to get on tv in news papers they will try and promote through schools fliers stickers news papers and otehr printed media podcasting web forums other than gaia and all other forms of electronic exchange it is possible that youtube will be used and the word gaia will become a hot word for results (the way girls tied up or something normally would be [as pathetic as i think people looking up and posting things of that nature to be]) dont be surprised if a couple small gaia rallies pop up seriously anything an individual or group can do to promote will come out of this competition  

marquess klink

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:40 am
marquess klink
what do you mean that is exactly what it is about the objective is to do something flashy to show gaiaonline to as many people as possible the more you influence the better just like those kids got gaia recognition on good morning america they just felt like doing it but you have any idea how many millions of people watch that show gaia was shown to millions of people and didnt pay for a commercial spot no some kids just flashed a banner and got noticed and thats what they want you to do their foot work and how better than a form of competition you will see gaia stickers popping up on everything you will see kids trying to get articles about it in the local papers or something similar like the good morning america event yes you win a competition or whatever but gaia is using this to have you do promotion work for them cause yeah it costs a lot of money to air anything on tv or print or advertise in any type of media word of moth is most effective for recruitment of active members which is why they always encouraged inviting friends but this is farther than that they are having you give your effort to have them promoted with print video or what ever means and the bigger the better

@betty we are going to see people trying to get on tv in news papers they will try and promote through schools fliers stickers news papers and otehr printed media podcasting web forums other than gaia and all other forms of electronic exchange it is possible that youtube will be used and the word gaia will become a hot word for results (the way girls tied up or something normally would be [as pathetic as i think people looking up and posting things of that nature to be]) dont be surprised if a couple small gaia rallies pop up seriously anything an individual or group can do to promote will come out of this competition
It's ingenious to get so many Gaians to innocently promote Gaia so hugely and for nothing. Hehe most companies have to pay big bucks to get any Air or TV time.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:46 am
And I dont mind that at all.. Thanks to gaia.. I have amped up my typing skills.. I did not really know how to type well or fast or accurate.. until I went to into threads that where moving really fast.. Than I had to learn to keep up in order.. It has added a skill to my resume.
Also, It has kept me entertained and not bored.. for got knows how many hours.. I mean holy hell look at how many post I have..

And last but not least.. I have made freinds that have turned into good friends in real life.. Such as yourself mister.. and LinkCM.. we talk every day.. Wierd Vero.. everytime one of us has a guy problem we call each other.. been doing that for like a year know.. Bukarua Anime.. hell she lives here in the same town as me we talk all the time. Had it not been for gaia. I would have never known that she had existed.. the list goes on..
I have people that i can trust and friends because of gaia.. when i was to depressed to go out and make them in the real world.. I found real world friends here. ..
just like slieghtleigh.. we met in hung out.. and do all the time but we met here on gaia.. even if she lives in my hometown we met here..
So, why would I feel bad giving gaia free advertising when they have done so much for me???

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

marquess klink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:57 am
And I dont mind that at all.. Thanks to gaia.. I have amped up my typing skills.. I did not really know how to type well or fast or accurate.. until I went to into threads that where moving really fast.. Than I had to learn to keep up in order.. It has added a skill to my resume.
Also, It has kept me entertained and not bored.. for got knows how many hours.. I mean holy hell look at how many post I have..

And last but not least.. I have made freinds that have turned into good friends in real life.. Such as yourself mister.. and LinkCM.. we talk every day.. Wierd Vero.. everytime one of us has a guy problem we call each other.. been doing that for like a year know.. Bukarua Anime.. hell she lives here in the same town as me we talk all the time. Had it not been for gaia. I would have never known that she had existed.. the list goes on..
I have people that i can trust and friends because of gaia.. when i was to depressed to go out and make them in the real world.. I found real world friends here. ..
just like slieghtleigh.. we met in hung out.. and do all the time but we met here on gaia.. even if she lives in my hometown we met here..
So, why would I feel bad giving gaia free advertising when they have done so much for me???
that wasnt the point i as trying to draw they always encouraged you to tell people about the site and such and i think thats great you believe in something support it
my issue is they are taking advantage of our loyalty granted if i was in the same position i would do the same thing let other people do my work for free hell yeah  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 pm
lol .. Yeah ..  

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

marquess klink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:29 am
lol .. Yeah ..