Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply General Discussion (other than weight loss)
Favorite Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nolone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:06 am
Harry Potter, i have them all on tape so i listen to them.
the Pendragon Series
the Eragon series
anything by Anne Rice or Anne McCaffrey
the never ending.. Wheel of Time Series
then anything to do with art or history ...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:42 pm
-stares at list-

I'm begining to like you o.0;; I've read all of them except the Wheel of Time Series. aha.

I have a few books of mine that talk about angels and mythologies. Any books with mythologies and Elizabethan England also is a good read. Folklore too.

If you want historical fiction go read "Blood Red Snow" its like during the first world i think. Very good. Dr.Zhivago is another favorite of mine.  

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Nolone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:12 pm
Anzelia La Belle
-stares at list-

I'm begining to like you o.0;; I've read all of them except the Wheel of Time Series. aha.

I have a few books of mine that talk about angels and mythologies. Any books with mythologies and Elizabethan England also is a good read. Folklore too.

If you want historical fiction go read "Blood Red Snow" its like during the first world i think. Very good. Dr.Zhivago is another favorite of mine.
the Wheel of Time Series is good. but unless you have a lot of time to kill i wouldn't get in to it. there's twelve books now and each book seems to have between 600 to 1000 pages. i haven't even started the last one yet so i don't know if its that last book or not.

i like history to much to really get in to historical fiction... people just have a way of killing it. like that movie inglorious bastards, i was ok with it tell they changed the way the Nazi leaders died...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:13 pm
Actually "Blood Red Snow" was based off of a collection of pieces of papers a solider had kept in the world. real stuff. so its historical non fiction i guess o.0

Hmm Artemis Fowl is a pretty decent series.  

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

CherokeeAlex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:44 pm
I read loads of books. I love old fantasy and sci-fi books; Isaac Asimov is one of my favorite authors. I love Tolkien and CS Lewis as well. I have read Wheel of Time, I really enjoy all those books although they are very complicated. And recently I read Sandman by Neil Gaiman-amazing amazing author, amazing comic.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:50 pm
I tried Wheel of Time but stopped on the second book. I don't like the way it's written.

The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell is a very good book, I think.  

Sunsway

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:51 pm
Kelley Armstrong is my favorite author. <3 Her Women of the Otherworld series starts with Bitten about a werewolf. Fantastic book. Great series. <333

I read and loved Harry Potter, I'm a fairly big Tolkien fan and I did enjoy the Narnia Series. I also loved the The Darkangel by Meredith Ann Pierce.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm
The Harry Potter series, One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest book, the Dark Tower series books I read before stopping for an unknown reason, White Fang, and Call of the Wild.

rofl  

out of the woods

Roslin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:28 pm
I used to be such a bookworm but college quickly takes up your free time and when you do have time to read you're so sick of reading other stuff... *sigh*

I love fantasy books. I loved Tithe by Holly Black, and I adored Sara Douglass' series The Wayfarer Redemption. I read a bit of Scifi here and there... Not a fan of Twilight e_e.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 pm
I adore the Kushiels series by Jaqueline Carey, my favorite by far. I tend to read a lot of historical fiction, especially about the Tudors and ancient Egypt. The Harry Potter books are classic, though I hated the ending.
I really want to read the Star Trek books too, because I'm so obsessed with the tv shows. xD

I like reading, I read a lot at work, at least 4 or 5 hours a day.  

.WayneZinok.

Kamirose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:01 am
The Belgariad by David Eddings. Hands down the best book series I've ever read.

First book is Pawn of Prophecy. I'd highly recommend it to any fantasy fans.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:41 am
Bunniegurl123
So i read this book when i was in like 4th grade, but it's a really good and long book.

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman by Brian Jaques

I love that author!  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:46 pm
I'm going to grad school to be a teen librarian so I really like books. My favorite ones are the Egypt Game and Ella Enchanted.

My favorite genres are fantasy, historical fiction (anything with royals), and right now I'm reading a lot of mystery books. The Royal Spyness series is really fun. I'm also a huge manga fan and will read any manga I can get my hands on (onemanga.com is perfect for this).

Favorite authors are Diana Wynne Jones and Tamora Pierce for fantasy, and Sharon Newman for historical fiction/mystery (the Catherine Levendeur books are incredible).

Having a book club type of thing would be awesome for this thread. Would anyone be interested in doing that?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 am
I love books. I love stories. (:

Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales
Morte d'Arthur and other Arthurian Legends (Lanval, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight)
Beowulf
Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night", "Romeo and Juliet", "Hamlet", MacBeth"
The "His Dark Materials" series
Anne Rice's Vampire tales
Harry Potter (need to re-read)

No thanks to sparkling vampires though. x_x

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:10 am
Favorite series are Harry Potter, Pendragon, Twilight, and I really want to get into the Dark Tower.

Currently, I'm reading Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. I'm really enjoying it! heart  
General Discussion (other than weight loss)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games