Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shy Love Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:52 pm
Thanks for the comments keep them coming please. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:12 am
The problem with a lot of anime is japanese subs and dubbing i find. While i am much happier with subtitles in anime .. dubbing often leaves things lost n translation and confuses storylines.
However, english translation aside..
What makes up a good anime?
I recon its a combination of the story line and theme, as well as the length and fillers.
Fillers can to an extent help to improve the story line .. fillers provide background information and aren't necessarily boring.
The story is a incredibly important part of anime (obviously) while the theme provides ins and outs for the story. Length can determine the difference between an anime people will follow and one people will actually enjoy..

any thoughts?  

gromit098

gromit098

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:18 am
Characters, music and art, are the next most important parts of an anime (to me personally).
Characters provide a part of the story by giving something to actually base the anime on so that is important. But good characters cannot carry an anime by itself ...
Nor can good music or art make an anime good to the point that you would watch it all the way until the end and actually think you gained something ..
However, i must admit that good music and art are definitely integral parts of an anime and ou have to admit that the japanese are darn good at adding music to animations.. but sometimes lack in the plot department..

any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:33 pm
Interesting plot, interesting and deep characters, good art, good music, and plenty of romance, hot guys, and comedy heart  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Shy Love Prince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:42 am
I agree completely. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:22 am
i love i  

cloudndh91

Sally_Pants

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:18 pm
- Good story
- Likable characters
- good/decent animation/character designs
- some romance (thats what works for me) wink  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:21 pm
Animefan957
whee there has to be cute furry animals and a great love story that makes u mad because they wont confess there love to each other whee

I agree, but those kinds of stories make me crazy. I end up yelling at my tv or what ever i'm watching the anime on. If I'm reading a manga I have to put the book down so I can punch my pillow a couple of times.  

Zumae

Shy Love Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:38 am
Thanks for all your ideas, greatly appreciated. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:09 am
For me a good anime/manga has to have well developed characters, good music, a great plot, eye candy, the art has to at least be ok, the girls can't and shouldn't be running around practically falling out of their clothes (ug.... *barf*), and I can't stand it being excessively bloody and gory.  

Little Nightmare

ladyraven117

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:06 pm
style,characters,plot,interaction,  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:34 pm
well the story needs to be good and it needs to have characters you can relate to  

kremmit

Angelic Genius

Shy Love Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 am
Very well said!!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:35 pm
-relateable characters
-good music
-at least decent art
-a realistic/believable/interesting plot.  

fullmetalalchemist8o

finfageek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:38 pm
i like an anime that has good plot twists and characters that you love to hate that always do horrible things to the main characters. yup, that's my opinion  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff