Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asian Insecurities Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seijin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:55 am
Up until now I've met like 10 Asians at school (and not at the same time). This year we are like two asians in our class, and all the asians in my high-school can be counted with only one hand.
But I've never really paid attention to it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:59 pm
SDES

Though it doesn't mean much, and does not apply to all, I like how cultured we are compared to most black and white people.

I'd rather not explain myself for that, but if you get what I'm saying, cool.

Honestly, I don't think one ethnicity is more cultured compared to other ethnicities. We all have our own cultures and what you said about most black and white people I find as rude.

Anyways, can anyone explain to me what double eyelids are?  

Pretty Leaf

Seijin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:04 pm
Pretty Leaf
SDES

Though it doesn't mean much, and does not apply to all, I like how cultured we are compared to most black and white people.

Honestly, I don't think one ethnicity is more cultured compared to other ethnicities. We all have our own cultures and what you said about most black and white people I find as rude.

thats when you have a line drawn on the eyelid.
Just like that I think:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've got double eyelids

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:54 pm
i'm not insecure about being asian at all, I actually happy that i'm asian :3  

x- simply hikari -x

~.Kaarii.~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:10 pm
I'm proud of my Asian-ness.
User Image

I don't think I would want to be any other nationality. I would miss my parents and my family because we're about 98% Asian and really fun to be around. I don't think I would be the same person if I was a different race or nationality. I would definitely not be as conceited maybe, but maybe I will. -shrugs- Who knows? I have contemplated coloured contacts but not in a normal colour. Like anime-colours - red, violet, orange, etc. But that's just my craziness. Wow. I wrote a lot.

@ whoever asked about double eyelids: It's been said that some Asian people don't have double eyelids. I don't see that often at all. I'm Chinese and I have double eyelids and so do most of the other Chinese people in my family. Where did that stereotype come from anyways?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:48 pm
once or twice i would randomly get the urge to be something that i'm not.
but at the end of the day, i'm always lovin' my own skin no matter how retarded i am. lol

laundromat passion

Mayha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:11 am
Hmmm aisan people tend to generally like lighter skin

you know how parents are "ohhh look at that baby phi-phi-bak-bak" (chubby-chubby pale-pale)

or "leng lui, her skin is so white!"

(pretty girl)

It seems the paler asian, or more white washed you are (without being euorasian) the more beautiful you are

so my insecutirties stem from being paler I guess, I try and avoid the sun and tans whever I can.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:02 pm
Mayha
Hmmm aisan people tend to generally like lighter skin

you know how parents are "ohhh look at that baby phi-phi-bak-bak" (chubby-chubby pale-pale)

or "leng lui, her skin is so white!"

(pretty girl)

It seems the paler asian, or more white washed you are (without being euorasian) the more beautiful you are

so my insecutirties stem from being paler I guess, I try and avoid the sun and tans whever I can.

This is going to come off sounding racist, but I don't like being white. confused My skin is so pale in the winter, I can't wait until summer when I can get tanned. My white skin is just so annoying sometimes... I don't even know why...  

~.Kaarii.~

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:18 pm
Yes, Kaarii your pale skin scares me everytime i see you in my house!

When i was younger i wished i was a different race because everyone else in my class was like white. But now I'm proud I'm asian and I'm someitmes too full of myself. 3nodding

And yes i want different eye colours like Blue, yellow, pink red, grey. xd But thats' just me, and my imagination.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:41 pm
Even though I've rarely experienced racism for being Asian, I really do have insecurities. It's good being Asian, but sometimes I reallyy wish I was half-white or something. sweatdrop A lot of Filipinos have flat-noses, and unfortunately, mine is sorta flat. I really dislike how it looks. stressed I also don't like my skin color, it's not bad, but it could be a few shades lighter.. rolleyes  

Dianeee

SarahO57

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:26 pm
pretend to poo
Have you ever felt insecure about being Asian? Have you ever wanted to be a different race or lived in a different country? If you wanted to become a different race, realistically, appear to be a different race, have you ever considered cosmetic surgery or make up/contacts? Or are you a victim of this now?

That's a lot to answer. Well, I have felt insecure about my abilities as a person and being asian before I came to say "I don't care, I want to be me." I have come to get over it because I am me and nothing will change that, unless I want to change.

I can be any race, I don't want to live in another country now-maybe later when I settle down and my life style changes. If I wanted to become a different race I would go to that country and study, practice and live their life or simply change the way I do things right here, right now.

No, I do not want surgery done to my face, it complicates matters, I do not like contacts but will use them if in emergency situations.

I do not feel like a victim now plainly because I have no need to, I came to realize that I put myself in a hole by thinking that-I changed for the better because I thought about my own happiness, everyone else seems like a victim of their own battering.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Seijin
Pretty Leaf
SDES

thats when you have a line drawn on the eyelid.
Just like that I think:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've got double eyelids

Thank you for explaining it to me. I didn't even know I had them until now. I thought it was just an Asian trait.  

Pretty Leaf

[purple banana]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:18 pm
I hate being so short. Then being made fun of.
I hate racist jokes.
I hate my reallyyy flat nose D:<
and i hate my little feet xP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:04 pm
[purple banana]
I hate being so short. Then being made fun of.
I hate racist jokes.
I hate my reallyyy flat nose D:<
and i hate my little feet xP

I know what you mean !
I`m reaaaally short & I have small feet and hands~  

kingofsoul

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:37 am
I feel like there are too many asians at my school.
Stupid koreans and their awesome food.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces