Submit

Do you like them?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Wissakins

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:24 pm
I don't really like graphic novels based on books. I'd rather they be original stories of themselves. Gaiman's Sandman is excellent.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:27 pm
I think it's a good idea. sometimes they may take out parts of the story, but overall it's not a bad thing.  

Axline

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:21 pm
NightIntent
I do think it's interesting that so many fantasy authors are starting to do graphic novels. To me, it kinda reflects how damn lazy people are these days. Instead of going through the effort of reading an entire book and imagining what's going one, people can now pick up a graphic novel and take the easy way out. Are we killing off kids' imaginations with this proliferation of graphic novels? Who knows. I suppose we'll find out in a few years or something. Still. Graphic novels are, in my opinion, the lazy way of reading books.

neutral I'm not really sure that being lazy is the reason for a graphic novel. Sometimes I think that it's a really good way to convey a story visually. Usually when you read a graphic novel it's not so much the words that you are paying attention to but the experessions on the characters faces and the scenes that they are "acting out". Being a Graphic Artist myself, I can definately see the apeal in taking a wonderful story and making it come alive visually. That's not to say that there're aren't some awful graphic novels, but sometime's it's nice to see beautiful artwork done in an interesting way. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:20 pm
I tend to not read graphic novels based on stuff I've already read. I get disappointed when my favorite bits are left out or on how the characters are drawn. I tend to prefer my own imagination to someone else's.

I do so love a good comic book though. I was an X-Men fanatic as a kid. lol  

Wissakins

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:33 pm
here here! Loved the X-men too! heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:57 am
I love Graphic novels. Castle Waiting is probably the best grpahic novel I've ever read. I enjoy the original graphic novels more than the ones that use the plots of books because I enjoy seeing new plots and characters. Also, if I've read the book it destroys the mental image I had of scenes and characters replaces it with the artists.  

arugala

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:20 pm
arugala
I love Graphic novels. Castle Waiting is probably the best grpahic novel I've ever read. I enjoy the original graphic novels more than the ones that use the plots of books because I enjoy seeing new plots and characters. Also, if I've read the book it destroys the mental image I had of scenes and characters replaces it with the artists.

True. Admittidly I tend to read original Graphic Novels the most, but sometimes a GN can get me really interested in reading the book if I do it the other way around. *shrug*  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff