Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How and why Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So...do you know?
  Yes! ^_^
  How the heck should I know?
  Does it really matter?
View Results

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:31 am
Shard Of Ronin
With me it's very simple, I have a profound weakness for all things adorable and cute.

That said, haru wa daiteita is actually quite dark stuff, but it's still all WAFFy.

*squeeee*
Rulin' ya universes...

xD I know! The average Harudaki chapter goes something like -love-conflict-fight-angst-mushiness-sex-love
It is very entertaining smile

@gaypridewonder: I love gender benders! But I always thought Hana-Kimi was just another generic shoujo manga surprised Maybe I'll check it out.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 am
Tricky question... For me it's the boy+boy thing. I really like boys so two boys loving each others make me smile and giggle and go squee 3nodding  

Lajvio

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:51 am
Good question! There are actually a couple of facets to it for me.

1.) Pure aesthetics. To put it mathematically:

Hot guys = Awesome; Variable A

Romanticism / Seckshuwul sitchee-ations = Also Awesome; Variable B

Two Hot Guys = Variable A2

Thus, A2xB= AWESOME IN A BASKET.

:]

2.) Psychological / Sociopolitical reasons. I think that, as people have said, it's pleasing to see a dynamic (in the good BL, anyway) with more semblance to equality than most heterosexual couples are portrayed to have. It's also interesting to see a man take a position (in multiple senses!) that is typically reseved for women, thus a liberation of both sex and the sexes. It's a diversion from the "norm," and I say that loosely. Plus, for me, it's just heartwarming to see a relationship between two people of the same sex that is, yes, troubled at points like any other couple, but despite the unfortinate predispositions of most people in society, still manages to thrive. This part goes for both BL and GL, for the record.

3.) I'm a hopeless romantic and I like to see people in love.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 am
i dosent matter why!!......the fact is, that it maks us happy and thats all that matters ^^.... 2 me anyway^^  

Lil chibi chu chu

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:15 am
Kitsune-chi

2.) Psychological / Sociopolitical reasons. I think that, as people have said, it's pleasing to see a dynamic (in the good BL, anyway) with more semblance to equality than most heterosexual couples are portrayed to have. It's also interesting to see a man take a position (in multiple senses!) that is typically reseved for women, thus a liberation of both sex and the sexes. It's a diversion from the "norm," and I say that loosely. Plus, for me, it's just heartwarming to see a relationship between two people of the same sex that is, yes, troubled at points like any other couple, but despite the unfortinate predispositions of most people in society, still manages to thrive. This part goes for both BL and GL, for the record.

Rulin' ya universes...

smile Well said.
Reason 1 is what I usually tell my friends when they ask... 1 sexy guy is good but two sexy guys doing sexy things is thrice as good! <3
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:05 pm
Kitsune-chi

I agree with this. I like how in BL, the men go through a whole bunch of phases and positions and I am also a giant romantic. And I like men so what better than to have two of them be my romantic heart and eye candy.  

Mika_Clari

Namikaze Kaiyoko

Tipsy Kitten

9,475 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:45 am
Two hot guys making out with fever passon and abs? whee What girl wouldn't sqeal? (unless their total homophobes...) xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 am
Namikaze Kaiyoko
Two hot guys making out with fever passon and abs? whee What girl wouldn't sqeal? (unless their total homophobes...) xd

good point. thats how it is with me. its just that "Awwwwww" reaction.  

Momo_Hitoshi

Zizima

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:59 am

User Image
I'm not sorry for being me...

:// I think that it's so lovely when two same-gendered persons are brave enough to show their love, I can't help but say "awww" to that. :3 \:

User Image
... I'm sorry for you for being such an idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:58 am
Please remember that this opinion is mine and mine alone.... As I have said before I think society today has changed us to believe that certain things are no longer "acceptible". If you look back at the Greek and Roman cultures, people were more "free" with their sexuality they would have slaves/mistresses/male lovers.... both men and women.

Honestly, I will say that up until I really met and got to know some gay men and women, I was a bit homophobic. Once I realized that they were people too, that you honestly can't help who you love.... I got over that part of my "phobias"

I reached a turning point in my life roughly 10 years ago, I became more open-minded about sex, not just gay/lesbian, but being bi-sexual, the Seme/Uke (Dom/sub) life and there are so many other things... I also became that way with religion as well.... but that's another story.

I know why I enjoy it, but only you know why YOU like it.....

Darke Skye

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Stainedpetals

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:23 pm
who wouldnt squeal over two hot guys together it fun and funny plus hot if guys like girls on girls why cant girls like guys on guys wink  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:21 am

Sitting in this room playing Russian Roulette,
Finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

There is no how or why. It simply is.

Out from the window see her backdrop silhouette;
This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget.

Drakie Cakie
Crew

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 am
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Sushii: You have done well.. I ask you to go one further. EXPLAIN FOR LESBIANS.
Rulin' ya universes...

As in lesbians who like slash and BL?
Well... I think that deep down, most women, no matter their sexuality, want to see men submit. I guess it's some sort of feminist ideal, or something. To turn the tables!
...since 1992.

See, I can't help but disagree on this. Feminism isn't about making men submitting, it's about equality for women and men. This does include sexual equality. So maybe some lesbians enjoy BL because there's suppose to be more equal relationship there. These are probably women who read stuff by Fumi Yoshinaga and Honjou Rie.

Not saying that there isn't that submission accept, which is why there are lesbians who read stuff with more submissive bottoms. But that doesn't really connect with feminism to me.

If people are actually really interested in this subject in a more academic sense they really should look it up. There are a lot of cultural studies researchers asking this same question about girls and yaoi.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:43 pm
Tsuki Nushi
My thoughts? It's because it combines 2 of the most fan-girlishious things in the world.

2 hot guys= great

romance=great

2 (or more wink ) cute guys + romance= epic and total win!

exactly, and you also got to love the sweet/tearful i love you scenes. whee  

Ichikage Kira

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kohaku_of_Darkness

Desirable Hunter

10,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300