Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan-themed music? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astrox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:29 pm
All the bands that I can think of who openly say they are Pagan, are metal bands.

Skyforger Folk-Metal from Lativa.
Goat of Mendes Wiccan Death/Black Metal from Germany
Sabbat
Moonsorrow
Inkubus Sukkubus

And...

Stevie Nicks! Hahahahah! Sorry, had to throw that in there...

I know the band Faun Fables was into the occult, I don't know if they are Pagan though.

I feel like a lot of neo-folk bands touch on the occult whether or not they are Pagan.

Devendra Banhart - I've heard him identify himself as 'New Age'
White Magic
Fursaxa

I just realized most of these acts are on the Drag City Label. If you like what I've listed, I recomend you click the link.

May also want to check out this music blog.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:53 pm
This might not be the "right" type of pagan music, but I always enjoy listening to Enya. She's Irish and quite an amazing artist, although some of her work is Christian based just a heads up, but her CD "The Celts" has some nice music for meditating and no lyrics.  

puerdemon

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:35 pm
Dearg Dúm by Horslips.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:00 am
CuAnnan
Dearg Dúm by Horslips.
Oh wow, you know, I've listened to them for ages, but never seen them. How neat!  

TatteredAngel

CricketBrain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:08 pm
OK, I'm a little surprised I haven't seen mention of either of these:

Faun
http://www.faune.de

Omnia
http://www.omnia-neocelt.com

They're phenomenal,
each with a nice selection of videos on youtube.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:29 pm
I was just thinking about Omnia, I got a bunch of the music from their website. They are amazing (and got a great beat)  

maenad nuri
Captain

CricketBrain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:58 pm
Yes,
it's mostly their fault that I started playing didgeridoo.
it's the only unamplified instrument I've played that
can make my chest vibrate ever-so-blissfully.

And the first time I performed "The Well"
in public was intensely magical.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:04 am
I know for a fact that I've heard of Omnia before, not sure if I ever listened to them. I'll be catching up on the listed groups when I get home from classes today, definitely!  

With Motion

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:38 am
Has anyone one mentioned The Cruxshadow? Their music is littered with pagan motifs and hallmarks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:42 am
Ethermus Prime
Has anyone one mentioned The Cruxshadow? Their music is littered with pagan motifs and hallmarks.
You mean The Cruxshadows? Nope, but I do enjoy them =3 I wish I had more albums than just DreamCypher, not their best stuff from there.  

With Motion

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:45 am
With Motion
Ethermus Prime
You mean The Cruxshadows? Nope, but I do enjoy them =3 I wish I had more albums than just DreamCypher, not their best stuff from there.

Are you kidding? DreamCypher is a fantastic album. A few of those songs have given me lessons I carry even now  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:54 am
Ethermus Prime
With Motion
Ethermus Prime

Are you kidding? DreamCypher is a fantastic album. A few of those songs have given me lessons I carry even now
But I don't think it's their best stuff. 3nodding

Been a while since I've given it a listen, but I remember a few of the tracks boring me really badly.

p.s. what do you mean by lessons?  

With Motion

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:39 pm
With Motion

I learned something, and I grew. What more could I mean from lessons? They imparted wisdom, and provided me a hint on a way to apply tha wisdom.

Check out Eye of the storm and Sophia again razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:00 pm
Ethermus Prime
With Motion

I learned something, and I grew. What more could I mean from lessons? They imparted wisdom, and provided me a hint on a way to apply tha wisdom.

Check out Eye of the storm and Sophia again razz
oh, you're talking about the lyricism? it's hard for me to pay attention to lyrics when I listen to music, I only look them up on google if the musicality really blows me away. I thought you meant you learned a lesson about music production or something xp  

With Motion

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 pm
If you're into death metal, Nile has awesome songs about (obviously) Egyptian mythology. I can't find any information as to whether or not the members are practicing Kemetic pagans, however.

And the drummer, George Kollias, is a percussion god. heart  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces