Bored as normal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:50 pm
Now Methos felt as confused as he looked, but the sympathy in his voice was real. "What was your fault?"

He had read the report, but he wasn't about to let on. He liked his own hide too much. The fact that he kept letting mortals under that precious skin not withstanding.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:01 pm
Even as she stared at him her personality shifted, it was easy to see even, the anger in her eyes just suddenly shifted to amusement, at the same time she relaxed, leaning farther back in her chair. It was scary how quickly she flipped, going from looking like she wanted to jump up and rip out someone's throat to like she was talking with an old friend from school she hadn't seen in forever. Things like that were why she hadn't been cleared as mentally stable, because as much as she tried to be, and pretended to be, she wasn't, too many little things added up against her.

Kali flashed a simi-dull smile, like it was some type of joke, "I broke too many rules I shouldn't have." And while she still tended to break at lest a few rules, she didn't break nearly as many anymore, she had partly learned that lesson at lest. "I was foolish, young and stupid." So she was still young, though in a way really not, she'd even admit that she was still stupid, not so trusting anymore, and not so stupid. With a small laugh she shook her head, "doesn't matter now, at lest not much."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:06 am
"No, I guess it doesn't," he agreed. "Ancient history. My suggestion still has merit, you know. You should do some traveling."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:12 pm
On that she snorted, "Did that already sweets, traveling and I don't get along." More like she created too much trouble and saw too many police stations, "Besides that would require interest in traveling, which I greatly lack."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 pm
Methos shrugged. With the exception of the aforementioned Dark Ages, stretches of boredom had averaged from a few days to a year (at the most) before he shook it off and got back to the business of living. He had long since lost whatever understanding someone with a shorter lifeline might have for the jaded souls of the very young.

"You could go back to school," he offered. "The University of Seacouver has a surprisingly wide curriculum. You can try a variety of majors. MacLeod and I are both teaching there this semester."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:17 pm
That got her to blink at him, "Dare I even ask what you two teach? You don't strike me as someone that would teach." She didn't even mention that she had no idea what classes she would take, though she was at lest considering it.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:37 pm
Methos had laughed at that. Teaching, being taught, he had played both sides of the fence off and on his life, passing on knowledge old and new through the centuries... Adam Pierson had been a grad student as well as a researcher, and that had included the occasional Teacher's Aide gig.

"I've dabbled," he said. "Right now, I'm teaching a masters course in Latin. Mac's got a couple of classes: Art History and, well, World History." He shrugged. "It pays for the beer."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:47 pm
All of which made sense, the courses that is, well maybe minus the art, though it kind of did, she had to stop a moment, was she actually considering going back to that? Collage? She had done a year here and there, totaling to three years, though the break between was so long it hardly counted, she had been going for english and biology, though neither interested her anymore. That was the next problem, finding classes she honestly gave a damn about, otherwise she'd just drop out again.

Pulling herself from her thoughts she shrugged, "Most likely not my gig, I'd get bored or get kicked out." Most likely kicked out given collage normally didn't bore her, and she did like learning, but that was past the point, she wasn't sure she could go through with it.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:59 pm
Methos did a facepalm, looking out at Kali from between splayed fingers. "Of course, you could always just sit here drinking night after night until you die from boredom. That's a plan."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:06 pm
She was silent a moment before she shrugged, "Hey I like that plan better, why didn't you say that first, gesh." Annoyance there was clear, even more clear as she continued, "Could you honestly see me going to school? Truthfully, behaving and learning like a good little girl? Most collages have metal detectors, so I couldn't bring a gun, or dagger, have to change outfit styles, and play nice with all the little boys and girls and not snap. If so you have more faith in me then I do."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:04 pm
Methos casually stretched his long legs under the table, a slight smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Survival is all about adapting to your surroundings and situations," he said. "Are you saying you're unable to adapt when necessary?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:41 pm
Kali gave a sigh and roll of her eyes, "See now you're being a pain cause you already know how I'm going to answer that, fine though, you got any suggestions for courses?"

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:29 pm
Methos leaned his head on his hand as he gazed at Kali, knowing eyes in a young face. "How come I've got to do all the work?" He clucked his tongue at her. "Pick up a catalogue at the college. If you want, I'll help you go over it, but really you just need to see if any of the classes spark your interest."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:37 pm
She half stared at him and half glared before she shook her head, next time she'd just stay home and be bored, at lest that didn't lead to things like this. "You're a pain." Was her only answer to that, it was sadly the nicest thing she had to say to him.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:44 pm
"So I've been told," Methos smiled, tipping the beer up for another swallow. "It's considered to be one of my good points."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff