Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:57 pm
Autograph
Black Sabbath! Can't forget them...

Damn you, now I have a Black Sabbath craving and I've lost my "master of reality" album!

eek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:02 pm
WhiteHik
Dido - No Angel
Dido - Life For Rent

I love Dido's voice. No Angel is quite good but all a bit monotonous; Life For Rent is just pants, no offense.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:05 pm
My favourite band is Muse. Fave songs: Time is running out, Newborn, Citizen erased (i could go on)

Some of Keane's stuff i like (i started off hating the album, but its grown on me).

Goldie looking chain makes me laugh.

And of course all the old stuff Queen being Godlike in my opinion. Loved the Live Aid dvd with Queen's performance. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:07 pm
WhiteHik
Erm other than the albums I own I like Franz Ferdinand...

..and with that, you redeem yourself. They are excellent, "Michael", genius. Video, v.cool.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Franz Ferdinand are also good. I hear they will/are doing well in the USA.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Sorry, Franz Ferdinand are boring as hell neutral .  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:11 pm
*Holds back Invictus*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:17 pm
Moomba666
My favourite band is Muse. Fave songs: Time is running out, Newborn, Citizen erased (i could go on)

Time is Running Out? I think their best songs might be Bliss, Citizen Erased and Muscle Museum, although Plug In Baby does have that guitar riff.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:20 pm
Foetus In Fetu

Even if they didn't completely rule, which they do, is it not enough that they are taking America by storm and overshadowing their best musicians?

I think so, then add to that their ultimate coolness. Well. Excellent!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:20 pm
We've all forgotten a very, very important British band. Taking the emo out of America (and it's not Muse!):

The Darkness.

I don't reckon much to their first few songs. But they can do wonderful things with a guitar. 3nodding  

Autograph

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:40 pm
Invictus_88
Foetus In Fetu

Even if they didn't completely rule, which they do, is it not enough that they are taking America by storm and overshadowing their best musicians?

Are you using the charts as an indicator of how good a band is? All that shows is that they appeal to the lowest common denominator, which needn't mean anything. In any case, I just find their music boring and no amount of adulating fans will convince me that I enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:12 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Moomba666

Time is Running Out? I think their best songs might be Bliss, Citizen Erased and Muscle Museum, although Plug In Baby does have that guitar riff.

Plug In Baby is the first Muse song I ever heard - the riff is overrated. I know someone who can play it perfectly, in fact.

I think their best are New Born and Bliss ... Time Is Running Out is still one of my favourites, though. Of course, Time can't beat Citizen Erased or Hysteria ... pure power, I say! eek

Escape and Blackout are still my all time favourites. Sssh, but don't tell anyone, though.  

Switchblade no Demi

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:52 am
My taste in music is rather eclectic, to say the least. Now, I know it's probably not going to go down too well with them, but I would have to mention Clannad at this point. I am pretty sure they're from Eire, but...well, they aren't likely to see this and therefore cannot be offended...heh. Then of course, there's Wolfstone (particularly the Halftail album)...and...well, yes, okay, it's not exactly going to get to the top of the charts, but sucess in the charts really not indicative of musical talent or ability.

The Sex Pistols. Yes, okay, so maybe it's a bit old but...I love Punk too. It's just so much fun to be out and about on a summer's afternoon in Plymouth at the Punks Picnic, listening to "Bus Station Loonies" playing their set and being surrounded by all these fun loving, orange-juice swilling punks. They look kinda scary from a distance, but really, they're just big kittens, the lot of them...hehe...and of course, goth comes from punk, so they're like distant cousins or something anyway

I could go on, but...I wont, as I now have to go and hunt down a cup of tea.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:25 am
Switchblade no Demi
Foetus In Fetu
Moomba666

Plug In Baby is the first Muse song I ever heard - the riff is overrated. I know someone who can play it perfectly, in fact.

I think their best are New Born and Bliss ... Time Is Running Out is still one of my favourites, though. Of course, Time can't beat Citizen Erased or Hysteria ... pure power, I say! eek

Escape and Blackout are still my all time favourites. Sssh, but don't tell anyone, though.

Yeah bliss and blackout are also very good.  

Moomba666

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:26 am
Switchblade no Demi

It's really not hard to play, but I think it was a clever idea.

Switchblade no Demi

Now, Time is Running Out really is overrated.

Switchblade no Demi

'kay.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces