Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:25 pm
I liked the safety pin one the best.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:48 pm
beautiful in a mcabre sort of way....

the only problem with high art, is in trying to re-interpret it for regular street wear. The designs were nice though, yet very impractical unless one was wearing one of those designs for a masquerade ball. a couple of the dresses (especially the robotica dress) could be toned down a bit, lose some of the angular lines and be more suited for street.

as far as victorian street wear, you're better off buying something from Kambriel or others in that line of fashion, still yet, sew it yourself and save a buck or two.

the problem with trying to re-invent victorian for a modern world lays in the fact that victorian fashion (as we know it) followed a strict set of rules and guidelines layed down by ettiqute and pesudo-religious dogma of the timeperiod. One can't mistake victorian for any other timeperiod.

I saw nothing "autherian" about the collection, just a couple of small resembelance to ancient fashion nothing more. It's just art, with no practical applications.

The only problem with gothic fashion in todays society, lays in the non-practical sub-categories that seem to be ever present in todays marketplace.

we have medieval, victorian, romantic, cyber, punk fashion and various fusions of the sub-genres that spew variations of the same designs year after year. I guess the saying "everything old is new again" sums up the gothic fashion industry of today, and it's harder than ever to "look" different thus the radical designs we see on the runway. This, coupled with a severe lack of male fashion outside of the regular channels leads everyone in a wave of "cookie-cutter" fashionistas where everyone looks the same.  

Keevan Draco

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:47 am
KeevanSixx
beautiful in a mcabre sort of way....

the only problem with high art, is in trying to re-interpret it for regular street wear. The designs were nice though, yet very impractical unless one was wearing one of those designs for a masquerade ball. a couple of the dresses (especially the robotica dress) could be toned down a bit, lose some of the angular lines and be more suited for street.

as far as victorian street wear, you're better off buying something from Kambriel or others in that line of fashion, still yet, sew it yourself and save a buck or two.

the problem with trying to re-invent victorian for a modern world lays in the fact that victorian fashion (as we know it) followed a strict set of rules and guidelines layed down by ettiqute and pesudo-religious dogma of the timeperiod. One can't mistake victorian for any other timeperiod.

I saw nothing "autherian" about the collection, just a couple of small resembelance to ancient fashion nothing more. It's just art, with no practical applications.

The only problem with gothic fashion in todays society, lays in the non-practical sub-categories that seem to be ever present in todays marketplace.

we have medieval, victorian, romantic, cyber, punk fashion and various fusions of the sub-genres that spew variations of the same designs year after year. I guess the saying "everything old is new again" sums up the gothic fashion industry of today, and it's harder than ever to "look" different thus the radical designs we see on the runway. This, coupled with a severe lack of male fashion outside of the regular channels leads everyone in a wave of "cookie-cutter" fashionistas where everyone looks the same.

If being different is so important, make something yourself or get to a tailors.
It'd be wonderful t see some unique and practical male fashion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:53 am
Tainted Deity
[
If being different is so important, make something yourself or get to a tailors.

that's just it though....there is only so much one can do with a pair of pants, only so much one can do with a shirt, only so much one can do with a kilt, ect. ect.

I start to create something that I think is new, and someone else out there has already created it.

I'm really starting to have an attraction to steampunk though, i think the adventurous spirit of that fashion has a lot of potential.

I once designed a one piece unisex kilt-overalls combo made of rectangular blocks of black cotton twill....it was designed to fade slightly and fray a lot to give the garment the look of extreme age.....I called my line "krypt ragz" and had invented a coat for cooler climates, and pants for those who don't like to wear unbifuricated garments. I made the mistake of showing my ideas to a fashion designer friend....next year, I saw a variation of my ideas on the runways....I felt stabbed.  

Keevan Draco

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:42 pm
KeevanSixx
Tainted Deity
[

that's just it though....there is only so much one can do with a pair of pants, only so much one can do with a shirt, only so much one can do with a kilt, ect. ect.

I start to create something that I think is new, and someone else out there has already created it.

I'm really starting to have an attraction to steampunk though, i think the adventurous spirit of that fashion has a lot of potential.

I once designed a one piece unisex kilt-overalls combo made of rectangular blocks of black cotton twill....it was designed to fade slightly and fray a lot to give the garment the look of extreme age.....I called my line "krypt ragz" and had invented a coat for cooler climates, and pants for those who don't like to wear unbifuricated garments. I made the mistake of showing my ideas to a fashion designer friend....next year, I saw a variation of my ideas on the runways....I felt stabbed.
That's a terrible thing to do. Steal someone's idea or cleverly adapt it so it's not exactly stealing in their mind. Once I let my friend read a screenplay I wrote and she took it home, and then used something remarkably similar to what I had written for one of her films...I didn't get any credit at all, she said that she had come up with it all and didn't mention me at all. I confronted her and she gave me this BS about having that exact idea in her head the whole time. Three years later, I'm don't talk to her that much and never show her anything because she always jacks my ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am
Damn if that's fashion then I'll but on my mask and be right back  

Lifesucks411

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 am
Keevan Draco
Tainted Deity
[

You should totally make me something and then send it to me wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:17 pm
Its broken... sweatdrop  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:16 pm
The link didn't work.... but from reading the comments, I take that it looked almost similar to a page in Vanity Fair I once saw.... the outfits were nice, but not really an honest reflection.... all except for two. Basically, alot of models dressed up with black big hair, silver jewerly, among ruins with capes and with wolves.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 pm
Henneth Annun
KeevanSixx
Tainted Deity
[

That's a terrible thing to do. Steal someone's idea or cleverly adapt it so it's not exactly stealing in their mind. Once I let my friend read a screenplay I wrote and she took it home, and then used something remarkably similar to what I had written for one of her films...I didn't get any credit at all, she said that she had come up with it all and didn't mention me at all. I confronted her and she gave me this BS about having that exact idea in her head the whole time. Three years later, I'm don't talk to her that much and never show her anything because she always jacks my ideas.

Same thing with me and my artwork.... it is depressing how people do that. There again, nothing new under the sun, I suppose.  

Angel of the End

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces