Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:04 pm
...What is her name?! It was Kel's aunt I remember that. But all my books are at home too. Think... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 pm
I think Kel's aunt was the example that Kel used, 'cause we never met Kel's aunt. I'm thinking Zorana, but I know that's wrong 'cause that's from the Firekeeper series. Let's check Amazon, it might have it somewhere.

Edit: Selma! That was it! I'm pretty sure.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:07 pm
Selma doesn't sound right. I dunno, I going home tomorrow so I'll check my books. That was from the 1st book right?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:26 pm
First and second. I know in the second one it says somewhere in the first few pages. Amazon's excerpt cut out like two words before it was gonna say her name. So frustrating.  

NightIntent
Captain

fairywaif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 pm
One of my favorite series is the Dealing with Dragons, Talking to Dragons etc. The character in ther eis really strong. She even rescues the knight. My little sister like Tamora Pierce. I have some free time now, maybe I should read her...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:24 am
Has anyone else here read the book "East"? I forget the author, but anyways, the girl gets to rescue the prince. It's a good book.

"East" is based on the fairy tale "East of the sun, west of the moon" (I think). And there is another book out now, haven't read it yet, that's based on the same tale: "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow"  

bunnyrulerofthemoon

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:12 pm
bunnyrulerofthemoon
Has anyone else here read the book "East"? I forget the author, but anyways, the girl gets to rescue the prince. It's a good book.

"East" is based on the fairy tale "East of the sun, west of the moon" (I think). And there is another book out now, haven't read it yet, that's based on the same tale: "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow"

East is yet another retelling of The Polar Bear King, The White Bear, etc. I was disappointed at how similar it was to all the other "retellings" of this story. I am still waiting for a really good rewrite of this story, something that adds some new twists, breathes some new life into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:16 pm
NightIntent
First and second. I know in the second one it says somewhere in the first few pages. Amazon's excerpt cut out like two words before it was gonna say her name. So frustrating.

Dang it! I knew there was something I was forgetting to do....  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:32 pm
Maze353
NightIntent

Dang it! I knew there was something I was forgetting to do....

Hahahahaha. Not like it's a really big deal or anything.

Come to think of it... why didn't we check Tamora Pierce's page for a an excerpt of the book?!

...Useless. It doesn't have any parts from the castle in it. Where's a character list when you need it?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:55 pm
Found it, found it, found it~

It only took like three Google searches. n.n" The things I do instead of studying~

According to this site's excerpt:
http://www.yabookscentral.com/cfusion/index.cfm?fuseAction=books.excerpt&excerpt_id=40&book_id=437
her name is Salma. So I was sorta close. And now we know! Yay! n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:03 pm
NightIntent

It only took like three Google searches. n.n" The things I do instead of studying~

http://www.yabookscentral.com/cfusion/index.cfm?fuseAction=books.excerpt&excerpt_id=40&book_id=437

My life is now complete. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:53 am
Maze353
NightIntent

My life is now complete. xd

xd Mine, too.  

NightIntent
Captain

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:13 pm
Mine too!!
haha
i was reading through and wracking my brain trying to remember her name.
congrats!

Also, I really liked the book East. (like someone already wrote) And if you're still wondering its by Edith Pattou. She also wrote these two other books called Hero's Song, and Fire Arrow. And there's a strong female Character in them named Breo-Saight. She sure as heck takes care of herself.

ps. HELLO!! im new.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:11 am
XD Apparently she has a very forgettable name.

Welcome to the guild!  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:23 pm
Welcome!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash