Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Movie Pushed Back To 2009!?!?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2008 instead of 2009?
  This is the stupidest thing Paramount could have done.
  Look on the bright side: More time = better movie.
  Eh, who cares, it'll suck anyway.
View Results

Curtis25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:15 pm
The only good thing about this is that it is coming out on my Birthday.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:42 pm
I think that since it would be up against some competition that they were afraid it wasn't good enough to hold up.

So, hopefully it will mean that more time will actually mean a better movie. One could assume. pirate

I am super critical of what they could come up with that wouldn't piss every one of us off. Really. The bar might be too high.
Or maybe after Nemesis the bar is so low, you could step over it....  

NiennaSayyadina

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Megathread 100

EFSpartan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:38 pm
I was looking forward to watching the movie at Christmas!! Now that's it's after I don't I'll be able to watch it at all... I have no time... crying a well... time to find a bootlag.(when available of course)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:20 pm
Yeah, I heard about this a few weeks ago. It is pretty much the stupidest thing ever. Even though I'm kind of hesitant about another TOS movie. I know it's supposed to be a prequel and all, but there's gonna be new actors...ugh.

Oh well. Change is inevitable.  

Miral Paris

Lone Wolf 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:08 pm
I heard that atleast we get to see the USS Enterprise, the first one, not the NX-01 which sucked but the one Kirk was Captain of. The thing Im most conserned about is if they are keeping all of the factors the same like the first bridge, all of the out dated tech used in the original Star Trek you know thhe tricorders, phasers, shuttles, and even the Ship needs to be the same from the original or else it personally won't be too good to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:16 pm
It's annoying that it got pushed to May but it'll be better than xmas day! I mean... my family is relatively tolerant of my obsessions, but I'm not sure "I'm sorry grandma - I can't make it to family chrismas because the Star Trek movie comes out today" would fly... razz  

Call Me Janeway

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:26 pm
Sucks, really. But maybe something happened. or maybe Thier just lazy!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:38 pm
It will probably be a better movie... but I don't know if they can replace the originals.  

orcinusorca22

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:46 pm
Nope. One can never replace what's been done before with something new, and expect to make it better. The original cast and crew can never be replaced, but I am looking forward to seeing these new actors' takes on those timelessly classic characters.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:13 am
NO!!!!!! crying crying crying crying crying crying
This had better be worth the wait!  

Maria Stark

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items