Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi As Summer Reading Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi summer reading?
  YAYYY! *heart rejoices*
  D8 No!
  Poll Whore >w<!
View Results

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:18 pm
RoseSpirit
Another book I've found that could remotely be assigned is The Married Man by Edmund White. It's got a sophisticated feel to it.
That sounds really good. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 am
Lady Gyrfalcon
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Whatchu be talkin' bouts? There's fine and well enough gay in those "old, boring classics"!

Mr. Antolini! Herbert Pocket! Horatio! Dorian Gray!

'Course I'm a bleedin' nerd. So. But don't knock the reading lists! scream
Rulin' ya universes...

DORIAN GRAY FTW! heart heart heart
But yaoi would be nice *__*
...since 1992.

Oh, Dorian Grey, absolutely. I did, infact, get a harcover special edition of Oscar Wilde's collected works. Mm. Just yesterday, in fact. rofl
So... Maybe I'll have a looksee at De Profundis. (Or however you spell it. D: )

I'm planning on, well, classic horror this Summer. (The Pit and the Pedulum, Dracula, that sort... No gay, but hopefully some worthwhile reading. XD ) And maybe some translated old Greek stuff. Now where is that copy of the Illiad that's lying around the house?

Okay, fine, I'm a literature whore. D:
But old books by by legendary authors are worth a look. D<
Rulin' ya universes...

Ooh, yes, I have a copy of Oscar Wilde's collected works! My parents were gonna sell it, but I managed to rescue it x3 It's a really nice copy, one of the old-fashioned ones with the fabric cover and gold ornate print *squeal*
I'm a total whore for those old-fashioned books... they look so good in a bookshelf xD

EDIT: But there are yaoi novels! The man who doesn't take of his clothes and Ai no Kusabi for example... I'm totally gonna add those to my reading list <3
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:46 am
Miata the Miscellaneous
Books like Boy Meets Boy, The Geography Club, and the Rainbow Boys trilogy have been banned from a lot of schools crying .

But they're great summer reads blaugh .
I am Sargeant Trojan!

OMG I've heard of it! That would be great. I was looking for those in the book store... But yeah once again. I'd squee!Protector of Gina Town!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:12 pm
JupitorKnight
according to one proffessor i had there is Homosexuality in all books and stories if you just look past the cover.....because it's all about girls with p***s envy and men who can't stand women lol

burning_eyes WTF?! burning_eyes

Kuo51

dive_sword

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:05 am
If there was yaoi on the summer reading list...I would read it, but I don't get a summer reading list, so I'm all good and get to read all the yaoi I want anyway. ^___^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 pm
Everyday is "Yaoi Summer Reading"! blaugh  

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:29 pm
Halcyon100
But.. 3/4 of the year isn't even just summer.. forget yaoi and reading..  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:49 pm
Halcyon100

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with reading for pleasure (not necessarily that kind of pleasure) in the Summer.  

Kuo51

anime_kitty_8791

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:05 pm
I would just sit there. Staring. Mouth open. Jaw too heavy to bring back up. *5 minutes later* -tick tock tick tock- (everybody in the state hears a scream)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:22 pm
my school has Rainbow Boys in the library and i can't help but wonder if the librarian knew what it was about  

protecterofelements

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:23 am
protecterofelements
my school has Rainbow Boys in the library and i can't help but wonder if the librarian knew what it was about
Rulin' ya universes...

We have that too in our school library... as well as Boy Meets Boy and a bazillion Anne Rice books (some of those get pretty steamy) and books on gay rights. T

here's a "history of manga"-book too, which includes yaoi (only ones I don't like though, sniffle sob sob) and pretty graphic hentai pics... xD
so I suppose my school is pretty open minded! There was even a poster on the chaplain(!)'s door about the australian gay-straight alliance, I don't remember the name of it though.. and I didn't even know we had one xD

A lot of the girls in my school have read rainbow boys and boy meets boy, so I dunno, maybe they're kindred spirits? Hehe.

So next time I visit the library I'm gonna write down some yaoi-esque titles in the request book... I got nothing to lose, right? 'sides, they've done worse.

Wow, I'm writing a novel here ^^;;
...since 1992.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas