Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Film Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moomba666

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:33 am
illyrianth
Shaun of the Dead.

Okay, so it's not a GREAT movie, but it kills the time. I personally found it went on a little too long and probably would have worked better as a half hour sketch...

Then again, I am horrendously impatient.

Agreed, a very good, funny film (surprisingly popular worldwide) but did get a tad boring near the end.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:27 am
illyrianth
~lol~ I WOULD bow down and worship, but I am too caught up drooling at the thought of Sean Pertwee in uniform...~coughs~

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398029/

Check the cast.. wink  

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:45 am
Invictus_88
illyrianth
~lol~ I WOULD bow down and worship, but I am too caught up drooling at the thought of Sean Pertwee in uniform...~coughs~

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398029/

Check the cast.. wink

Have I told you recently how simply fabulous you are? Ta...!

~files away more useful info~  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:26 am
The Nightmare Before Christmas, is that a British one?  

Invictus_88
Captain

MellowYetPsycho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:12 pm
Invictus_88
The Nightmare Before Christmas, is that a British one?

nope, that's all danny elfman, who i'm pretty sure is american.

edit: and i like monty python biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:31 am
black and white classics...
"Night of the Demon."
"kind hearts and coronets"...Sir Alec Guinness` finest film
"The case of the Muckaneese battlehorn"..the Goons on film!

other stuff
"TheWhickerman"..brrrr..chills!
"carry on up the Kyhber" not PC, but......
"3 Musketeers"(Micheal York, Oliver Reed)
"Company of Wolves"  

wodewose

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:54 am
One must also not forget epic films such as 'Lawrence Of Arabia' and 'Bridge On The River Kwai'. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:33 am
Knightsedge
One must also not forget epic films such as 'Lawrence Of Arabia' and 'Bridge On The River Kwai'. 3nodding

I vaguely remember an amusing episode of "Lovejoy" when they sold a fake-Laurence-Of-Arabia`s-motor cycle.....
"Excalibur"
and the Richard Carpenter TV version of Robin Hood...gad, how many Live Roleplayers suddenly had ambi-dexterous arabic assassin characters named Nasir due to that? (yes, yes, I do online RPG`s the mates-round-the-table with fish&chips, Pizza , Beer & tea pencil-and-dice variety..AND the live kind I`m a geek!!!..If you see a woad covered , tartan mass of hair that looks like Peter Jackson`s Long-Lost-Brother, with a pronounced limp in it`s left leg... weilding a huge bronze mace or warhammer at an L.R.P. event...it`s probably me!)  

wodewose

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:37 am
I wish I had the chance to RP in real life. Here in the UAE, there isn't much interest in it to say the least. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:10 am
has anyone seen the american remake of the ladykillers??
I haven`t yet...  

wodewose

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:01 pm
wodewose
has anyone seen the american remake of the ladykillers??
I haven`t yet...

Yes, I have. Rather amusing, but from what i've heard, no match for the original.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:58 am
They've both been mentioned already, but 'Dog Soldiers' and '28 Days Later' are both great films... 3nodding

Also, has anyone else seen "Sharpe"? ...though technically a TV series, the episodes are long-running, and often referred to as films. They're bloody excellent!

Khorkalba

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:41 am
God yes, but they've not shown it on terrestrial since I was at primary school. Loved it though.

To the extent that I've based my A2 English coursework on the book "Sharpe's Waterloo", it's sad. I know.

Fun though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:43 am
Longbow UK
They've both been mentioned already, but 'Dog Soldiers' and '28 Days Later' are both great films... 3nodding

Also, has anyone else seen "Sharpe"? ...though technically a TV series, the episodes are long-running, and often referred to as films. They're bloody excellent!

On a rare cameo appearance as I am here to complete Sabredog's birthday trade, I have to say this...

I think you are a FABULOUS addition to the Guild and I am pleased to see you here.

And now, I will return my attention to the DVDs currently playing in the front room. Can't get enough of Sharpe...Sean Bean, in rifleman's uniform...covered in mud...just...okay, okay...I'm going!! redface

Invi hon - note down Longbow's birthday would you m'dear? I think I am up to date with everyone's stuff so far.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:56 am
illyrianth - Thanks for the warm welcome. 3nodding I'm glad to be here...

Quote:
To the extent that I've based my A2 English coursework on the book "Sharpe's Waterloo", it's sad. I know.

I should really read the books... I've been meaning to do so for quite a while now. sweatdrop ...Sharpe's Waterloo would probably have to be my favourite episode of the series though.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff