Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SwKiKoAz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:19 am
yes in english  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:54 pm
In some cases. My parents knows alot of culture and what's oing around the world. The only thing I'm usefully for them is...reminding them stuff. xd  

Moon_Child08

Casteor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:06 pm
Miata the Miscellaneous
I know a lot of kids want to be smarter than their parents, coming from experience, that's possibly the last thing you might want. Since I know more english and comprehend things faster and know how to read big words, my family depends on me for EVERYTHING. Like installing a broken VCR or installing cable or filling out prescriptions or understanding what a bank staement says. And if anything goes wrong, I'm always the one to blame. Alot of this stuff I shouldn't even know about until I'm twenty! It's overwhelming. Really, a 15 year old should not have to even know what the word "mortgage" means nevermind filling out the forms.

Yes, I am smarter than my parents because my mind is being stimulated at school, while my parents don't attend school anymore. However, they are far more wiser and mature than I am, and I think that are the two key elements of survival.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:10 pm
yes. at certain thing, like taking directions, talking to u in english, and knowing some common sense..lol  

anniepajamas

Mince mii

Distinct Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:58 pm
in some areas, yes. some, not really.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:36 pm
sweatdrop I guess I should have clarified a little. sweatdrop
When it comes to my parents:
English is definitely a problem, but also America and American laws in general. Apparently, the people at Sizzler's "Talk too fast" rolleyes or the manuels are "Too confusing" or "There were 50 presidents?". Not to mention the lack of knowledge on today's medical science (logic is completely based off of myths and phylosophies......probably only 2 out of 50 actually work stare ) and just science, media, and overall big words that require me as a translater or demo person stare . <
My Dad's the same but at the same time a mathematical genius (the language known around the world rolleyes ) and a techno genius too (as long as the manuals are in Vietnamese). He still needs help reading, pronouncing, ordering (like paid program stuff), and walking into Sizzler. stare  

Miata the Miscellaneous

penguin1534

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:19 pm
my parents rely on me a lot, especially for writing. >_< then it becomes my fault >_<  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:43 pm
I have no idea  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:24 pm
My parents, I feel, will always be smarter than me, because they have been able to take care of needs and neccesities of life up to the age I am now.
We'd all have to think of how our parents passed by as we were growing up from babies.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:52 pm
not really but at english yes, bored, bored gonk  

SwKiKoAz

St4rBluesky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:52 pm
Moon_Child08
In some cases. My parents knows alot of culture and what's oing around the world. The only thing I'm usefully for them is...reminding them stuff. xd

User ImageI think I'm In Love

oh my your signature looks like me O.o ^m^

I'm Better At English Then My Mom razz

User Image with you..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:26 pm
Moon_Child08
eek Uhm..Is that ME in your signature, or is it concidentally made from those quest-avatar thing?

Anyway..I'm not smarter than my parents. Perhaphs English..but I think they know more of the basic than I do since they took ESL before and my mom can totally beat me in some of the English grammar. She can beat me in English grammar but probably not vocabulary.

My mom is a really intelligent person..She tried to help me in math before when she doesn't know much about it and she successfully helped me. The way her brain processes is much faster than mine plus she's quite sharp. (Aaand, I'm quite slow at times... gonk )

My dad on the other hand is technology wise. He has some knowledge of technology since he was somewhat a engineer and technichian. Ohh, and he's good at carpenting. My dad is a multi-talented person whee In fact, my mom is too.

I'm really really glad my parents are more intelligent than me, really. I look up to them biggrin

Psshh, if my parents took college, they can seriously become famous... ninja

I'm 14...but I think everyone should know what "mortgage" by the age 13 or so..? At least be curious about it. xP

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Sze-Kei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:05 pm
I'm not better then my parents but my mom looks really stupid sometimes stare sorry for saying that but really she wears weird stuff and I can say she has a weird taste. So I never let her choose clothes for meh XP I look ridiculous on them but anyway maybe because theses adults was born when computer didn't even exist or things like that today the technologie upgraded and we learn more things but the parents can't learn like us they are only working so I understand smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:06 pm
Moon_Child08

hey I see you used the mirror code there XP so can you tell me what is it please? wink  

Sze-Kei

Miata the Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:52 pm
penguin1534
my parents rely on me a lot, especially for writing. >_< then it becomes my fault >_<

eek YES!!! My point exactly!!! eek  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces