Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Vamps Vs Goths What's the Difference Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:33 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
The one factor that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that "otherkin" are completely full of s**t - they all have to be something 'cool'. notice none of them are ever goats, or lobsters, or platypuses. They all pretend to be vampires, or elves, or dragons, or wolves or some other equally ridiculous nonsense.

On the positive side, otherkin aren't as annoying or retarded as otakukin.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:39 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Goths are fans of goth rock.
Vampires are fairy tales.

true.
3nodding  

falloutboy lover

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:31 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
The one factor that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that "otherkin" are completely full of s**t - they all have to be something 'cool'. notice none of them are ever goats, or lobsters, or platypuses. They all pretend to be vampires, or elves, or dragons, or wolves or some other equally ridiculous nonsense.

Next step is for them to start making their own Mary-Sue creatures. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:47 pm
Sinister Kung Fu

I'm just going to have to say something about this.
You speak of what you do not understand. your blatant disrespect and hatred is both unneccessary and uncalled for, as well as unacceptable(that's three uns, dipshit)
Otherkin and vampires do not have things easy. the awakening process is often violent, unpredictable, and uncomfortable. things change in your life even if you were comfortable with them before, and you have to keep up with taking care of yourself in spiritual ways as well as physical ways. this is both demanding and taxing.
Also, not all otherkin/therians are something that most people would consider "cool". I myself am a dragonkin, yes, but my girlfriend is a cat therian, and an online friend of mine is a rabbit therian. nothing all that great there. I've heard of everything from elves, faeries and dragons to rabbits, horses and foxes. the range of kin and therians are just as diverse and wide ranging as the range of human personalities.

Now as for vampirism, this is something that is nothing like movies. it's uncomfortable, inconvenient, and doesnt come with all the romanticized crap that's on the big screen. no immortality, no supersexualized air, no 'creature of the night' crap. just a hard time with the sun, constant headaches, and the need to keep up with feeding off of people's energy. it's not great, but it's not all bad either. it's just another aspect of life, and it doesnt make us any better or any worse than the rest of humanity.

Now kindly pull your head out of your a** you ignorant sow.  

Draco Vampir

DioRte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:01 pm
Gasp! =O I sense a cultural clash ._.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:18 pm
Has anybody else ever wondered how many vampire threads there are on Gaia all together? surprised  

Awesome Akwardness

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:36 pm
Draco Vampir
Sinister Kung Fu

You speak of what you do not understand. your blatant disrespect and hatred is both unneccessary and uncalled for, as well as unacceptable(that's three uns, dipshit)
Otherkin and vampires do not have things easy. the awakening process is often violent, unpredictable, and uncomfortable. things change in your life even if you were comfortable with them before, and you have to keep up with taking care of yourself in spiritual ways as well as physical ways. this is both demanding and taxing.
Also, not all otherkin/therians are something that most people would consider "cool". I myself am a dragonkin, yes, but my girlfriend is a cat therian, and an online friend of mine is a rabbit therian. nothing all that great there. I've heard of everything from elves, faeries and dragons to rabbits, horses and foxes. the range of kin and therians are just as diverse and wide ranging as the range of human personalities.

Now as for vampirism, this is something that is nothing like movies. it's uncomfortable, inconvenient, and doesnt come with all the romanticized crap that's on the big screen. no immortality, no supersexualized air, no 'creature of the night' crap. just a hard time with the sun, constant headaches, and the need to keep up with feeding off of people's energy. it's not great, but it's not all bad either. it's just another aspect of life, and it doesnt make us any better or any worse than the rest of humanity.

Seriously dude, shut the ******** up. You sound like a ******** nimrod. You're not a ******** dragon, you're a delusional dipshit.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:05 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Draco Vampir
Sinister Kung Fu

Seriously dude, shut the ******** up. You sound like a ******** nimrod. You're not a ******** dragon, you're a delusional dipshit.

As much of an a** I may feel like for saying this, to disagree with Sinister Kung Fu is to wholeheartedly admit yourself to being a delusional mentally disturbed individual. There is absolutely zero evidence of anything of the sort even being physically possible. Science has absolutely destroyed everything as far as supernatural phenomenon are concerned. We've analyzed enough of the human body to pretty much know damn well what is and isn't possible for a human being, and being an "otherkin" is absolutely impossible. Technically it's possible that in the [very] far future we may be able to genetiacally engineer organisms to create crazy hybrids, but there's no use for that sort of experimentation. Nothing could come from it that wouldn't inevitably lead to strange, disturbing cults and freak accidents causing fatalities. ******** Jurassic Park, ******** androids, ******** half-human/half-anything else. You don't have scales, you have an average human epidermis and everything else human. If you were get your body dissected and analyzed, you'd be perfectly normal. The only thing anyone might find from analyzing yourself is a disturbed psyche.  

DioRte

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:05 pm
Things are very close to crossing the line.

Sinister, DioRte, Draco Vampir-

All of you, calm it down, or you'll get your posts deleted. Want to talk otherkin? Use the Extended Discussion. Follow the rules. Don't make me enforce them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:59 am
I'm goth but I like vampires too and sumtimes daydream about 'em..... oh well, they're right; no such thing and u're a moron stare  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

DioRte

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:17 pm
I'm not a sailor stare  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:58 pm
Draco Vampir- I very much enjoyed your explanation and background.

I've been lucky to meet quite a few Otherkin as well. My sister is fairy, as well as a guy friend, my love is dragon, and I have a friend who is fox, and another that's wolf. Most of them don't have it easy at all, but the fairies always say their awakening was wonderful...lucky ne?
Mine sure wasn't... Has anyone here (who is into Otherkin) met a merfolk? I've never met another like myself... None of the ocean.

Saaah -.-;; Science sucks the life out of..well, life. I disagree with so much of it, especially since it keeps people from exploring great wonders of the world and people. I very much so pity those who strictly believe science and that alone.
Sad sad.

I'm sorry others are calling you crazy and a moron. I am right there with you, Hollow_Banki.

ShadowLotus

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 am
ShadowLotus
My sister is fairy, as well as a guy friend, my love is dragon, and I have a friend who is fox, and another that's wolf.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Faeries, foxes, dragons, wolves. They're all something perceived as "cool". How come you don't know anyone who is a muskrat, or a cow?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:56 am
Sinister Kung Fu
ShadowLotus
My sister is fairy, as well as a guy friend, my love is dragon, and I have a friend who is fox, and another that's wolf.

Faeries, foxes, dragons, wolves. They're all something perceived as "cool". How come you don't know anyone who is a muskrat, or a cow?
Or a cockroach, or sloth...  

Rellik San
Crew

DioRte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Rellik San
Sinister Kung Fu
ShadowLotus

Or a cockroach, or sloth...

Or a silverfish, seahorse, naked mole rat...

@ShaodwLotus:
Science isn't about belief, whatsoever. The thing with science is you can PROVE what you claim, not just say "Well it's this way because I said so". It doesn't suck life out of anything, it prevents misbeliefs. I'd also like to know anyone who has "awakened" who wasn't already aware of or interested in otherkin as well...I do think this is more suited to the extended discussion area, though, unless you guys are going to just say "You're lame because you have proof, whereas we just believe we are what we want to".

Oh, and for those who say they're not reputable or anything of the sort due to the fact that anyone can alter the information, read what's actually there, not just what you want to see. Wikipedia is right about prolly 90+% of the time, and any changes in information by little kiddies messing with it gets fixed at some point. Just a small summary on what they say otherkin are, and I believe it does some justice:

"Otherkin is the term for a group of people who consider themselves non-human or having a connection to a mythical archetype in some way, usually believing to be mythological or legendary creatures. Common creatures to which Otherkin claim some connection include angels, demons, dragons, elves, fairies, lycanthropes, and extra-terrestrials.[1] The otherkin community grew out of the elven online community of the early-to-mid-1990s, with the earliest recorded use of the term otherkin appearing in early 1996.[2] Outside of their own subculture, otherkin beliefs are often met with controversy.[3]

Perhaps related to this behavior is the smaller community of otakukin, who consider themselves to be reincarnations or otherwise embodiments of characters from fiction, most prominently anime or video games.[citation needed]

Some members of the all-feminine subculture of Aristasia believe themselves to be "exiled" members of a non-human "intemorphic" race which has no masculine sex and two feminine sexes. They are sometimes classed as a type of otherkin known as "femmekin".[citation needed],

According to diagnosis criteria put forth in the DSM IV and the ICD, the belief that one is an animal or can be turned into an animal may qualify as a delusional disorder[citation needed], a delusion of varying severity and significance."

I've read into the DSM IV myself in AP Psych, and it very well can qualify as a delusional disorder.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff