Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
The world of imagination Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:19 pm
(I'm warning you right now, it's is a rant. So if you go to the admin and say, OH! she's ranting! Well I warned you! RANT WARNING!!!!)

And this is why I hate it when people tell me I'm an a**. I get it, my only purpose in this guild is to have everyone swoon onto me to tell me how much I suck, really encouraging, especially when I'm trying my best. But of course despite how it may seem, I really do suck at art, I can't draw for my life! Even if I do like it. Yes I know the third pic looks like Hinata. I never had her in mind when I drew her but it turned out that way. *shrug* Get over it, it's how I draw. It doesn't turn out, try again. It turn out like Hinata, not quite what I was trying for.... I should probably have filled in the eyes as well, but oh well.

Okay now that my ranting it done, I would also like to point out that I have tried the 3-D shapes, I have tried the models, I have tried reference pics, NONE of them even come close to working. Seriously, if you have seen it in a tutorial, I have tried it. With the head and the mass and stuff, when ever I draw, it always seems to get me. They never turn out right if I draw them according to what your saying. They turn out like blobs, but with *sarcastic* good anatomy and mass. Crap that if it doesn't look good I'll tear it up, no matter how good the anatomy s**t is. As with the hips thing, I do some of my drawings like that, but it turns out to be more like a cheerleader, and i have a unexplainable hatred for them. So again, they go into my shredder. Can't you have a shred of sympathy in you that tells you that maybe I do suck, but if you can't handle my drawing turning out looking like Hinata just because by some freak accident it happened, can't you forgive me? WOULD YOU ALL JUST RATHER HAVE ME GO AND DROWN BECAUSE I CAN'T DRAW!!! WOULD YOU JUST RATHER i SAY 'Oh of course even if it doesn't work I'll keep trying until my art turns to blobs with a good figure?' HUH?! WOW! That turned into yet another rant! Okay I'm done now!

In conclusion I find that I will now through my pencils away clearly because I am unfit for such fine art in itself! I will never draw again because I now know that whatever I try, you people will always find flaw! God find it in someone else's work!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:16 am
Wow, Im sorry to hear you feel that way. If you ever do want to try drawing again gimmie a pm and we can talk about it in a chat or something. I totally don't mind helping you in real time, I find that is easier. Your comment about everyone judging your work is understandable, but even advanced artists get people to crit their work for improvement, you can't let crits feel like personal attacks because they aren't. If someone is being personal about it then you need to find someone you respect to critique your work.  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:20 am
Locked.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers