Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:42 am
babykitty18
Ok, I've always wanted to make this post! xd
So, how many of u like the Japanese style? Such as gothic lolita, traditional attire, j-rock and all other I forgot to mention!
Do you dress like this? or try? And if you do what style did u choose?
For me, I try to dress j-rock with a pinch of urban punk, but its kinda hard to pull it off when you are of an ethnicity that ppl say it doesn't look right on crying But I still trek on! xd
Give a picture if u'd like! I'll give a picture soon! 3nodding

i love the japamese takes on all the styles. they can do it so much better than any one, but j-goth is the best by far.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:02 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
white people look ridiculous when they dress like that. like really ridiculous

so do think it would look even more ridiculous on blk peeps as well? (not trying to start a race thing just askin!) xd heart
PNeoQueen
i love the japanese takes on all the styles. they can do it so much better than any one, but j-goth is the best by far.

I completely and utterly agree with u. I wonder if they have a scientific reason y Japanese ppl can pull off these looks so well? question xd  

babykitty18

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:37 pm
babykitty18
Sinister Kung Fu

so do think it would look even more ridiculous on blk peeps as well? (not trying to start a race thing just askin!) xd heart

Well, personally I think it looks ridiculous on Japanese people too, so yeah I don't think a black person could pull it off without looking like a jackass.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:50 am
Sinister Kung Fu
babykitty18
Sinister Kung Fu

Well, personally I think it looks ridiculous on Japanese people too, so yeah I don't think a black person could pull it off without looking like a jackass.

stare ...i see...i really wish u could see wat i look like in person with my style i really don't look like a "jackass" as u put it. But im not here to get into and argument...i hate those stare 3nodding so then whats ur fav style then i u hate j-rock goth?  

babykitty18

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:48 am
The style you're referring to has no connection whatsoever to actual goth, and there is no such thing as "j-rock goth"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:42 am
Sinister Kung Fu
The style you're referring to has no connection whatsoever to actual goth, and there is no such thing as "j-rock goth"

...i kno there isn't such thing its just what i call it...i don't kno what else to call it gonk xd  

babykitty18

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:02 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
babykitty18
Sinister Kung Fu

Reminds me of a story...

Several years ago, a Japanese exchange student at my high-school was told by a lolita-obsessed American that "[She] was SO lucky to live in Japan, since everybody dresses in gothic lolita". To which the confused Japanese exchange student replied, "Gothic lolita? That's what [unemployed] street-performers wear."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:39 pm
Haha. Yeah. Amateur clowns.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:50 pm
babykitty18
Sinister Kung Fu

...i kno there isn't such thing its just what i call it...i don't kno what else to call it gonk xd
Maybe your talking about cosplayers?
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:28 am
Sinister Kung Fu

She later explained something alone these lines:

In Japan, gothic lolita really isn't worn by anyone in public. Not even Japanese clubs and parties will have them. Outside of bands, the only people who wear it are unemployed women who want to make money taking photographs. The women will usually stand in pairs in high-traffic shopping districts, and charge tourists 500 yen (roughly $5) to take a picture with one girl, or double that to take it with both.

Tourists (particularly Russian and Korean Tourists) apparently love shelling out cash to take pictures with the wildly dressed pretty-girls, similar to how tourists in Los Angeles will pay to take pictures of guys in movie-character costumes.  

GilAskan
Crew

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:52 pm
weeaboos = pwned by a tourist trap. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:12 pm
GilAskan
Sinister Kung Fu

She later explained something alone these lines:

In Japan, gothic lolita really isn't worn by anyone in public. Not even Japanese clubs and parties will have them. Outside of bands, the only people who wear it are unemployed women who want to make money taking photographs. The women will usually stand in pairs in high-traffic shopping districts, and charge tourists 500 yen (roughly $5) to take a picture with one girl, or double that to take it with both.

Tourists (particularly Russian and Korean Tourists) apparently love shelling out cash to take pictures with the wildly dressed pretty-girls, similar to how tourists in Los Angeles will pay to take pictures of guys in movie-character costumes.

ok that...i did not now for shizzle! eek but i don't kno why i like it for i just do...but seriously i had nooooooo idea that lolita wasn't common or even not worn in public xd thaks for the info!
(everyone!, vote for me in the arena, plz? *fairly* xd 3nodding heart biggrin )  

babykitty18

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:40 am
You can pull anything off if you have the right body for it. What you guys are referring to is called HARAJUKU fashion. I went to Harajuku. It's alot like the fashion street in New York. The people there are very expressive.
The stuff is expensive tho. I think most Americans would look silly in harajuku fashion because well..Most Americans are FAT by Japanese standards. But most Japanese people dress conservavtively and like each other. Harajuku is just a special place for people to dress in their own style, which is mostly hand sewn. One of my friends Kashi, was a big fan of Harajuku but she didn't go all out when she was at the university. She had bleached blond hair and was into the punkish/avril lavign look. Most Harajuku "lovers" do a more subdued look during their everyday schedule. The big costumes that they wear is simply too much to wear regularly. Harajuku fashion is about developing your own creative style that stands out. You can argue that it's antifashion because it doesn't take any cues from the fashion experts in Europe. It's about art and the individual preference. Pick up a book of FRUITS and you'll know what I mean.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff