Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Swizzkitten's Sketches updated 02/26/08 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I the oldest person on Gaia?
  OMG yes!!!
  Hmm not sure (yikes!)
  Uhhhhhh.................
View Results

swizzkitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:05 pm
Chaotic Mana
Your hair is coming along nicely but you have too much of it in comparison to her head size. Bring it in a little and see how that looks. Her tail has nice flow to it, but you might need to rough up the edges so it looks furry.

Great! Thanks for the help! smile Should I bring the hair in from around her face or from the back?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 pm
I would think take it off from the top and a little off the back. See how that looks as you do it.  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

swizzkitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:38 pm
Chaotic Mana
I would think take it off from the top and a little off the back. See how that looks as you do it.

OK, thanks again smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:30 pm
Is this any better..I am still working on her face as well...
User Image  

swizzkitten

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:47 am
Yup I think the hair definitely looks better, good job ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:09 pm
Thanks!! heart heart heart  

swizzkitten

swizzkitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:13 pm
OK, she's done..not sure I like the background tho...
DA  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:12 pm
You may find that making a background that says something about your character, such as a place they like to be in, would look nicer and maybe you would like it more. Just a thought. Keep at it!  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

swizzkitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:41 pm
Thanks..I did change the background, I like it better, but I think I need to add a drop shadow...new  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm
swizzkitten
Thanks..I did change the background, I like it better, but I think I need to add a drop shadow...new

Yes, a drop shadow would ground the character nicely, it would also pull them onto the background so should make the two fit with the background better. Good job noticing it ^.^  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

swizzkitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:39 pm
Chaotic Mana
swizzkitten

Yes, a drop shadow would ground the character nicely, it would also pull them onto the background so should make the two fit with the background better. Good job noticing it ^.^

Thanks!! I'll work on her my next night off smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17 pm
OK, I think this is better....NEW  

swizzkitten

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:01 am
That shadow does make the character pop out from the background, but the more I look at it the more I think she looks like she is floating. I'm thinking a shadow more like this would make it look like she is standing on the ground. Please excuse the fact I didn't blur this or anything, this is just a quick idea. Anyways try it out and see if you like it better. In the end it's all up to you though ^.~
User Image
Move the shadow if it doesn't match up with your light source, you know, play around and see if you like it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 pm
Chaotic Mana
That shadow does make the character pop out from the background, but the more I look at it the more I think she looks like she is floating. I'm thinking a shadow more like this would make it look like she is standing on the ground. Please excuse the fact I didn't blur this or anything, this is just a quick idea. Anyways try it out and see if you like it better. In the end it's all up to you though ^.~
User Image
Move the shadow if it doesn't match up with your light source, you know, play around and see if you like it.

Thanks! I think you are right, she looked funny to me last night, but I was half asleep so couldn't figure it out...lol. I'll work on the shadow..thanks for the great example! smile  

swizzkitten

Whizky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:08 am
maybe you can try this to made the shadow
1st you click the girl layers, merge it.. then you can duplicate it into new layer after it transform the shadow layer perspective.
and when its done you can color the shadow layer with dark colors 3nodding
hope it help.. sry im not good in explain  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas