Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
How do you like your slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sana-Cutler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:27 pm
am inclinded to love an eventually happy ending.

Many of the stories I write which are longer are all snarries and have a share of drama, conflict, fluff, not so much smut sad to say, and of course snape snarkiness.

My one shots can be fluffy through I try to stop to make readers choke.

PM me if you want to have a link to my page.

I prefer my stories that I read to have passion, smut, conflict, a hint of fluff and lots of Harry and Snape  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:06 pm
I simply adore Hurt/comfort and angst... on epic proportions. I can't read short stuff, I need it to be bordering on novel length. Love for epic angst.

Humour fics too, but angst is the best.  

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200

Kirby_Komatose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:08 am
I enjoy non-con, angst with a happy/somewhat happy ending, fluff that's not too fluffy it makes me want to vomit, humor that has me laughing manically to myself, and drama!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:42 pm
I like sorrow in fics but angst is too...over. I want to laugh in the right places cry in the middle and at some point wish i was somones naughty bits!
My faves ar usually nc-17 but i hate when its all forced or involves rape.....unless its snape thats doing it! DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!!
I'm just being honest...
I also love ANYTHING with sirius and remus especially in their school days.

Bergamot Sprinkles

Chatty Smoker

Mrs_S_Snape

Playful Wench

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:16 pm
Happiness isn't something you experience...

Fluff. I generally enjoy fluff, but I every now and then I like to really some angst. You know to cut down on the happiness. ^^

...it's something you remember. ~Oscar Levant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 pm
i like it all, fluff and angst, but i generally head toward angst. my favorite parings are severus and harry, & harry and draco. i think it gets really funny when male pregnancies occur too because they make for some cute romance...mostly. i love the whole slytherins are not as horrible as people think stories and when ron and hermione kind of abandon harry so that he finds refuge with the kind and supportive slytherins. biggrin  

Sweet Ariel92

550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Silver and Silence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:29 am
Filthy. And painful. *smirk*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 pm
I like the emotional roller coaster fics. It starts off all happy, then you get hit with a few chapters of sorrow and angst, and then it ends in happy fluff. heart  

Nicky Cade

Jack_Palahniuk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:46 am
I like all kinds of fic. It depends on the mood im in.
A healthy balance of Fluff and Smut must be present throughout them lol.
But whether its angsty etc. depends on how i feel.
I guess im a sucker for a good tragic past, and overcoming the obstacles etc. cause its like a soap opera lol.
But im quite into Hardcore gore fics (when im feeling particularly evil) as well as angsty fics. Ive got nothing against reading rape/non-con or self harm issues in fics, i find, personally it adds a kind of....interest to the fics cause otherwise it would be rather...boring. =/
I hope I'm making sense.

However, I cant STAND fics that are full of fluff and mush. They just make me want to vomit. I can feel my teeth rotting from the sweetness if i read one. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:33 am
I love all fics at long as its Slash or Femslash main romance filled with smutty smexyness  

LittleCazzy

4,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

PervyKirby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:04 pm
I don't have a preference as long as the smex is good! xd

I will admit though, too much fluff is annoying. I hate when a fic is too happy, nothing goes wrong and it feels very unrealistic, bleh!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 am

Angst. Always angst.
I favor Marauder era slash, and that never ends well.

xRegulus Arcturus Blackx

EnchantedLuck

Unbeatable Lover

7,450 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 pm
Humorous. There is nothing less dulling than teenage angst; especially when you put a Slytherin and a Gryffindor as a couple.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:05 am
Angst. Intense angst. Angst that sort of fills you up because its raw and painful and you hate it but you keep reading anyway because its perfect.

If that makes sense.

I'm fond of hurt/comfort and fluff as well. I think more for younger couples since they otherwise lend themselves to too much teenage drama. )8

Also I prefer that the focus is more on dialogue and emotion than descriptive of what's going on tbh. I tend to only skim sections of pure action. Yes, even sex scenes. They get boring to read after so many times.  

potioneer

Percy Ignatius W

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Piecatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:18 am
I love angst, especially if it eventually has a happy ending after putting the characters through hell! Or at least a hopeful ending. Sometimes it's nice to leave everything really bleak, but I'd rather the characters ended up together.

I can also read the odd hurt/comfort fic - though not if there's been an especially harrowing hurt and it's all about the unrealistic healing power of love/sex. If a character's really been hurt I'd rather they still show it a little at the end of the fic then them be completely 'cured' by their relationship.

I also like the odd bit off fluff - but I can't read too much of it if it's really sickly sweet fluff.

I do love smutt/PWP fics too, though it's nice to have that mixed with a bit of angst or hurt/comfort. I love fics that deal with a characters kink, especially if they make the reader see just how much the character desperately wants whatever it is.

One thing I can't read is M-Preg. Just don't get it.

I'm also not at all keen on non-con or really dark fic. Not interested in reading about characters In like being tortured. Although if con-con/dub-con is cleverly written - as a kink to be explored by people who are actually consenting - it can be interesting.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff