Greedy Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:32 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
Orlando Bloom = Light = teh sexy.

Ilove Orlando Bloom. But I think his playing Light would make me despise Light even more...if that makes any sense at all. O_o
I think he's a bit old for the part, though...

But...if Johnny Depp played L, I think I'd have to cry. He did a wicked job in Pirates, but...I don't know...all the other characters I've seen him as don't really thrill me in that they're all the same. I just went to see Sweeny Todd, and I kept getting shades of either Edward Scissorhands (sp?) or Captain Jack during the whole thing, even though Sweeny Todd was considerably more messed-up, psychotic, and murderous than the other two. Captain Jack was his role. Anything other than that was kind of...bleh.
Let's just get everone form Pirates cast to make a DN movie stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 am
dr amagi
CyanideCherub
Yeah! Disney can endose DN!

That's not a good idea. Disney might alter it. It may not even be called "death note" if Disney got a hold of it.

They'll prolly turn it into Pirates of the Carribean 4: The Disease Note.  

CyanideCherub

Ninja Sabaku_no_Bara

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am
I think he could do it. He did an excellent job in Edward Scissorhands. blaugh heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:01 pm
CyanideCherub
dr amagi
CyanideCherub

That's not a good idea. Disney might alter it. It may not even be called "death note" if Disney got a hold of it.

that's funny but i don't actually know if jonny depp would make a good L i would actually have to see it to tell. it could be interesting.  

Blizzard snowstorm

Phrensiedom

Eloquent Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:39 pm
....I was under the impression that they are going to make a Death Note live-action movie...Maybe I live under some sort of rock . neutral

Regardless, Johnny Depp is too old and crinkly to be L...Blegh.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:40 pm
CyanideCherub
dr amagi
CyanideCherub

HA! That would be hilarious!

Phrensiedom

Eloquent Codger

Special Agent Odd

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:55 pm
{{{Heheheh.
Johnny Depp does a great job at playing weird and unusual characters.
I think he would make an amazing L.
And so does my JDOCD [Johnny Depp Obsessive Compulsive Disorder] mother/friend/[other] friend.
}}}

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:47 am
I think Johnny Depp would make a good L. Whenever I think of the BB murder cases, though, i always think of Depp playing Beyond... I suppose that Beyond and L are supposed to look similar... They could use them fancy special effects to make him both L and Beyond... If the movie were to involve both, that is...  

BlackBleedingRoses539

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

ravnervn

Distinct Genius

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 pm
Whenever I think of the American Death Note movie, all I can think of is User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...that. They do look alike, but...Yeah, that'd be the Disney version of Death Note, Light doing random crap dancing while writing down peoples names, and Ryuk is just like emo Why me, WHY ME?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:44 am
perfect kira. i always know he was evil. i like kenichi matsuyama as L but i doubt he would be playing him in the american remake. would alessandro juliani make a good L? he is the voice actor for him.  

Blizzard snowstorm

MyakoYuki-Hime_54

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 pm
Raven-Raspera
Whenever I think of the American Death Note movie, all I can think of is User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...that. They do look alike, but...Yeah, that'd be the Disney version of Death Note, Light doing random crap dancing while writing down peoples names, and Ryuk is just like emo Why me, WHY ME?

*barf barf* this totally reminds me of some research I have conducted on the suggestion of an American live action of Death Note...yes it is probable that Zac Efron would be a possible candidate for Raito...but I say no...Is Zac Efron really up for the role of a crazy high school student who is obsessed over being the god of a new world? I say no way to that one...I wouldnt even bother on going to the movie theater to watch it if he is playing Raito...for one I hate Raito with all my being...but still it doesnt go as far as ruining his image with an actor who will remind me of the ridiculous High School Musical movies...all they need to tell me is that Ashley Tisdale will be playing Misa....then you really will be bugging me to the point of going to the director and the one who picked the cast and socking them across the face...seriously...^^ anyway

~KYA~  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:34 pm
I actually love Johnny Dep. In a way I think that if anyone could play L it would be him, but at the same time he is a bit old for it. crying other wise it would be the perfect part for him.

I have read a lot of discussion on line about Zac Effron playing Light, and I think it's horrible. It is way too easy to see exactly the situation everyone's worried about: Death Note being made into a crappy American movie with bad actors who can't play their deep and amazing roles and ruining it, while little girls are go to see it because Zach Effron is in it and getting totally freaked out. The whole situation is just BAD.  

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

faerie_goddess92

3,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:53 pm
I kinda think David Henrie might make a good Matsuda but I still don't want Disney to take over Death Note I mean if they do it'll be like ((yes I know Disney does not own twilight )) when Twilight was made into a movie no one bothered to read the books they just went to see the movie and people automatically thought they were fans after that. If they do that to Dn people will go watch the americanized movie and think they know everything about it and all the real fans will probably not like Death Note any more. I think Johnny is alittle to old to play L though maybe Aiber?Butt I do agree he'd make a excellent BB.^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 pm
Mmn, I pretty much agree with the recent posts of this thread. Johnny Depp would play the role of L amazingly, but his age doesn't fit the character. I would love to see a Crybaby-Walker-aged Depp play L though! I think it would totally work. He has a knack for tender but deranged characters. (Not saying L is deranged at all! *hides*)

As for the role of Light... GAH. I'd heard that they WERE making an Americanized version, and that Effron WAS playing Light! I'm soooooooooooooooooo relieved to hear he's not, as I hate him with the burning passion of a thousand dead babies on fire. Although I can see a resemblance, there is NO way he'd be able to play that deep of a role. I mean, can you see HSM boy playing a half insane law student striving to become the God of the New World, willing to kill anyone (even his family) to achieve this goal? I can't. Wow, I just realized I'm ranting, sorry. sweatdrop  

HK123

babypandaramenlover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:24 pm
I've actually looked really hard for an actor who would play all correctly, and here's who I found: Joe Anderson

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1725848/

He's most well known for his role as Max in Across the Universe. He would need some heavy make up and perhapes dye his hair. However, there was one scene in Across the Universe were Sadie was having Jojo try on outfits and he peeked threw the window of the door. He had thick bags under his eyes, was bending over like L, and was holding a bag of chips as L does. At that moment I know he was perfect.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff