Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Len's personal challenge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lenady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:39 am
Well, so far today is going pretty good. I managed to exercise when I got up this morning. Unfortunately I had a little debbie cake for breakfast again and I'm going out to eat with my parents tonight.

Breakfast
german chocolate snack cake- 140

Lunch
small wendy's chili-220
potato- 270
butter-70

Dinner
Salad- 30
salad dressing- 80
rice stick- 180?
fried rice- 225
shrimp- 26
oysters- 29
seasoned grean beans- 40
mushrooms in sauce- 20
fried dough- 240
strawberry sauce- 29
whipped cream- 10

Exercise
calisthenics 10 min -56
dancing 25 min. -147

Total- 1396

Liquids-5 glasses  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:00 pm
Well I didn't get the chance to post yesterday, so here's how my weekend has gone. I think I'm sick again. rolleyes I'm just really tired and don't feel all that great. I'm stressed out from school and work and midterms are coming up...

Breakfast
reece cup egg- 90 (yay for being late to church)

Lunch-
wendy's side salad-35
low fat ranch dressing-45
chili-220
Hawaiin punch-80

Afternoon snacks (I was a bad girl today)
2 reece eggs-180
sweetart jellly beans-140

Dinner
Pinto beans-440
cornbread-328

Exercise-not today

Total 1558

Liquids- about 5 glasses  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:18 am
I'm being so lazy today. I should really be working on a take-home test right now, but I really can't concentrate on anything for some reason. I'll probably just end up staying up late tonight and working on it. I hate school somtimes. I can feel the stress in my shoulders, and unfortunately I don't have the space at the moment to exercize so I can't even do that...

[evening update]: Today wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be biggrin I rememberd that I didn't have work today right when I was about to go out the door and I managed to get my take-home test done within about 2-3 hours including breaks. I didn't get to eat as healthy today though... 2 hamburgers... but I really didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight and I ate a salad with dinner... And I managed to do a full 25 minutes of para para! I'm so proud of myself. That's the most I've managed to exercise in a long time.

Breakfast
-southbeach diet peanut butter cereal bar-140

Lunch
-Mcdonald's hamburger- 250
-Mcdonald's medium fries- 380 (I swear, I can't beleive I did that... but I was so hungry, even after the fries...)

afternoon snack
-small peice of chocolate-75

Dinner
-Dairy Queen mushroom swiss burger-680 (that amount doesn't even seem right crying )
-side salad-60
-fat free dressing-13

Evening snack
-Schwann dessert for one-100

Exercise
-dancing for 25 minutes -147
-calisthenics 15 minutes- 83

Total 1468

Liquid- 5 glasses  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:23 pm
I"m so dissapointed. Arby's got rid of it's baked potatoes and homestyle fries, as well as their chicken strips. The baked potatoes are really sad though. I loved those things. It really sucked at dinner. I had to get french fries instead, which is so not as healthy as a plain potato.

But at least I had good news today with my weigh-in. I lost a pound, so I've lost 2 and a half pounds total... that sounds so horrible... that's kind of depressing. Oh well, what really matters is that since I started I've lost an inch off my chest (ribcage area) one and a half inches off my hips and one and a half inches off my waist. I'm more willing to celebrate that than pounds lost.

Breakfast
-frosted flakes-146
-1/4 cup milk-33

morning snack
-2 peices chocolate-50

lunch
-peanut butter sandwhich-300
-fuji apple-80
-pretzels-75

Dinnner
-Jr. Roast beef-270
-Small curly fries-340
-1/2 chocolate turnover-200

Evening Snack
-Schwan Dessert for one-100

Exercise
-weights 5 min -23
-calisthenics 10 min -55
-dancing 25 min -146

Total 1370

Liquids- 5 glasses  

lenady

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 pm
Awesome! Congrats on losing those inches! 4laugh

Remember, muscle weights a lot more than fat, but it's denser (1 lb of muscle takes up much less space than 1 lb of fat). So once you start to work out, it might not seem like you're losing much weight, 'cause you're gaining muscle and losing fat. So you're right; what matters most are the inches, not the pounds. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:42 pm
Thanks for the congrats penguin biggrin Support always helps. What I'm really excited about right now is the fact that I've been able to exercise more here lately without getting sick or really tired. I've never been the healthiest of people even when I was a kid and at the right weight. Just kept getting sick and stuff, so actually feeling healthy is wonderful.

Breakfast
-south beach diet peanut butter bar- 140

Lunch
-chicken breast sub with provolone and sweet onion sauce-400
-sunchips-210

afternoon snack
-1 peice chocolate-25

Dinner
Steak fries-275
fish sticks-220
Corn-140

evening snack
-apple cider-80

Exercise
-calisthenics 15 min -83
-Pilates 10 min -36

Total 1371

liquids
-4 glasses  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:10 pm
I think I may have jinxed myself yesterday, cause my head's not feeling good today. I'm probably trying to catch what's going around the english dept. right now. Hopefully not.

Breakfast
-rice krispies-120
-milk-65

morning snack
-cereal bar-90

Lunch
-lean pocket-280
-fuji applie-80

afternoon snack
-trail mix-186

Dinner
-ihop garden scrambler-600
-orange juice-120

Exercise
calisthenics -55
weights -23
yoga -184

Total 1279

liquids
5 glass  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:53 am
Well, Spring Break has started and I haven't felt like putting in my daily info for the last couple of days. I guess I'm just tired. I did manage to exercise last night for 25 minutes but I didn't do a thing on friday. I'm just having a fat day I think... our of curiousity I hopped on the scale this morning and it said 157. Somehow I've picked up about 3 pounds since Monday... Oh well, I'm getting closer to my period so I"m willing to attribute some of it to water weight. I decided to edit the first page of the journal to put my measurements up as well as my weight, the initial info as well as updates. That way I can get a better idea of things without having to go onto dailyplate and mess around the charts.

Breakfast
-corn chex-110
-1 % milk-28

morning snack
-cream saver-18

Lunch
-fajitas-406
-refried beans-65
-rice-59
-corn chips-140
-salsa-8

afternoon snack
-dipped Ice cream cone-340

Dinner
-peanut butter sandwich-253
-carrot-30
-kiwi-50

Evening snack
-baked ruffles-

Exercise
-30 min walking -129

Total-1438

Liquids-4 glasses  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:26 pm
I'm so tired today. I think it's because I'm on spring break and my body has finally realized it can rest. Unfortunately I haven't been resting all that much. I got along done on wedding planning today. Talked to several caterers and called my uncle to ask if he'd do the reception music. Everything turned out rather well, now I just have to get my shoes tomorrow and maybe something for my hair... I've found it's harder to exercise at home for some reason. I'm not sure why exactly.

Breakfast
-chips ahoy granola bar-100

Lunch
-ramen noodles-190
-Kiwi-50

Dinner
-rolls-420(this is actually including one I had as a snack a little bit ago)
-chicken-100
-steamed vegetables-30
-corn-70
-potatoes-100

evening snack
-hershey's kiss-25
-chex-220
-orange juice-220
-baked ruffles-120

exercise
-Yoga 40 min. -246.... that can't be right...

Total 1459

Liquid- 6 glasses  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 am
Weigh-In day....
156.6 lbs 1.5 lost

chest 34.5 1.5 in. lost (half inch down from last week biggrin )
Waist 32.5 1.5 in. lost (same as last week)
hips 39 1.5 in. lost (same as last week)
New additions
Bum 40.5 in.
Bust 40.5 in.

I'm hungry... not certain as to why. I'm normally not that hungry in the mornings. I'll get breakfast here in a bit. I don't feel as tired as I did yesterday. Although I am still sleepy. Have to get stuff done today so I didn't get to sleep in any. Thing is I have to go up to Louisville for the Sigma Tau Delta (international english honor society) conference tommorow. Long drive..... I don't even know if I'm gonna have internet up there, so I might not be making a post again until Sunday. Hopefully I won't have horrible news about eating too much junkfood, but the hotel has an indoor heated pool so maybe things will balance themselves out some.

Breakfast
-bagle-200
-butter-50

morning snack
-chocolate chip cookie-100

Lunch
-baked potato-320
-part of a wendy's chili-165
-hawaiin punch (I didn't feel like being good and drinking water for lunch today)-80

afternoon snack
-dried apricots-50
-animal crackers-160

Dinner
-fish sticks-220
-potato-100
-rolls-245 (yeah I shouldn't have had the second one, but I was hungry...)

evening snack
-baked chips-120

Exercise... I have no clue. I walked so much today, cause I went shopping... from about 12-7pm... I think I can safely put down the amount for the lowest speed for a half an hour. My legs are killing me tonight.... -122

Total 1658

liquids- didn't do as well on that today, probably about 4 glasses  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:42 pm
Well, I'm back from Louisville and I'm exhausted. I couldn't eat all that great up there either so I ended up just snacking on wheat thins and candy and fruit in the room and eating fast food every now and then. It would have gone so much better if we hadn't gotten snowed in. We couldn't go anywhere for like a day and a half. Plus now I'm worried about my stomache not feeling so good. I'm hoping it's just my period starting up (it kills my stomache alot of times) but I'm worried that my fiance my have given me his stomach bug. He's been sick all week with it and he went up there with me. I didn't really get to exercise that much either this week. Oh well, I'll do better this coming week hope that I didn't gain too much weight back over the past couple of days.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:18 pm
So tired... I still haven't recovered from the trip back yet as far as I can tell.

Breakfast
-peanut butter candy- 230 (stupid me forgot to bring my breakfast bars over)

Lunch
-Teriyaki chicken bowl- 450

afternoon snack
-brite crawlers-55 (so much for me trying to cut down on the sugar huh?)

Exercise

Total 735

Liquids- 3 glasses  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:39 pm
Journal for the 16th:

I'm so tired... Just drove for about 2 hours with a headache. I've been complaining alot here lately it seems. I guess I'm just wore out from school and stuff. That paper last week did me in.

Breakfast:
special k with strawberries- 100
1 % milk- 50

Lunch-
Mcdonald's asian salad- 370
low fat balsamic-20

Afternoon snacks (there was a long stretch between the two meals... like 7 hours)
blueberry special k bar- 90
raspberry nutrigrain bar- 140
Wheat Thins- 75

Dinner
Pinto beans- 330
corn bread- 279

Exercise
Calisthenic 15 min. -62

Total 1392

Liquids 4 glasses  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:05 pm
Still kind of tired, although definitely better than how I felt yesterday. I don't really feel like I've done too much today, when in reality I have. I had to go to the grocery and did some work with my assistantship stuff. Also some homework -_-'.

Breakfast
-peanut butter- 95
-pretzels-100

Lunch
Michelina lean gourmet meal-240

afternoon snack
-Gala apple-60

Dinner
-DQ BBQ sandwich-340
-DQ fries-290

Evening Snack
-fat free pudding-100

Exercise
Calisthenics 15 min. -62

Total 1163

Liquids 4 glasses  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 pm
entry for the 18th.

Well, I think I did pretty good today. Overall, I managed to get quite a bit of stuff done at least. Got a couple of new mangas today ^_^ I'm happy. Today was also weigh-in... had pretty good results overall.

Weight-152.8- down quite a bit from last time (I guess all the weight was just water...)

Bust-40
chest-34.5
waist-32.5
hips-38.5
bum-40.5
Not really too much of a change here, but at least nothing's gone up.

Breakfast
-Rice Krispies-120
-milk-30

morning snack
-special k bar-90

Lunch
-lean pocket-250
-nectarine-63

afternoon snack
-pretzels-50
-peanut butter-95

Dinner