20%
 20%  [ 15 ]
i dunooo...
22%
 22%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 72

jollibeans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:11 pm
That is not true. Just because you are Asian doesn't mean you ARE smart. My friends say that but it is based on how you were taught no on where you came from. And not all Asian are small (I saw this on another post) I am taller than some of my friends and they are not Asian.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:15 am
Gee...I don't know...

My brother's rather dumb, or maybe just lazy...  

Deth Muffin

lollerskater123321

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:42 am
we're not really smarter just asian parents push you harder so you study more so you end up being smarter..  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:58 pm
My friends always say that I was so smart because I'm asian when it is so not true! All of my nieces and nephews aren't really... brilliant. My mom just make me work hard like crazy. She always says that she doesn't want me to be like her and when she tells me about her past it makes me feel so sad. Well, I don't exactly like it when she wants me to be number one in everything though...  

~Lonely_Sakura~

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tremere Lich

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:30 pm
I'm Filipino and I'm of about average intelligence. I get high grades, but never have to study to maintain those grades. I'm not really that ambitious with my classes and go by whatever class I have by year. So when people hear that I've only done Algebra II and am not in calculus as a junior, they flip and rag on me about it.

Of course, some people claim Filipinos don't count as Asian because we live on an archipelago instead of the mainland. (I find it bull because most of the time they consider Japanese to be Asian at the same time)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:00 pm
I'm of average intelligence too. ;3 I mean, I'm only smart because my mom is smart, and she made me smart. Like, through teaching me stuff before I learn them in school. So it seems like I'm ahead, when I really shouldn't. But I still like being thought as a smart person. sweatdrop Eh heh.  

Moonr!se

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

sHiRo_ChAn_10

8,550 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:59 pm
Honestly I'm only smarter then everyone else because I actually try really hard to get good grades I mean if I didn't I'd probably be stupid too... I think that the sterotype is kinda dumb no one is naturally smarter then another unless that make the effort to BE smart sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Well, its not that Asian people are smart but its that they are hard workers and so they work hard in school which makes them more knowledged. :B

i.e. Strict Asian parents. Though I know not all of them are so strict and really let things go. So its eh. Yeah, stereotypes but whatever, let them say what they want, only you know what is true. ;D

cookielang

thejrockstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:43 pm
lol i dont get that a lot since literally 3 quarters of the students in my school are asians...but i still hear it sometimes as a joke or sarcasm  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:46 pm
OMG, I hate that stereotype! "No wonder you're in such high classes; you're Asian." Or "You must be good at math, you're Asian!" stare scream domokun stressed

I suck at math. I'm only good at other stuff because I try and I just read a lot.

And I'm in classes that say I'm smart...but not smart enough, apparently. crying  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:21 pm
Yea some stereotypes are just retarded. The math thing I didnt mind back in high school. I mean, my friend I recently talked with reminded me of the good old days. I would do some chem hw, and people would just copy me O.O

It was kinda funny at the same time.

But it is wrong to assume that all good math students are asian.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:09 am
thats posible  

SwKiKoAz

Mr_Example

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:08 pm
Why do you care so much a bout stereotypes. Its there and its not going to go away for a long time. Theres black stereotypes, white stereotypes, and hispanic stereotypes. Why is this topic here? I mean theres like 20 of them here. And why do you guys complain so much. Do something about it! Don't go to your computer and type everysingle issue you have down and post them. Nobody really cares. stare
Yea, and im asian and i get straight A's and all that crap.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:19 am
i dont know i mean most people just assume if u are asian u are smart but that's not true though... domokun  

xYUiChAnx

.[Jzmn].

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 pm
OMG, when i aced my End Of Course Exam...the people in my algebra class were all like "OMG I BET ITS BECAUSE YOUR ASIAN!!" idk, i get good grades because i work hard&my parents get all mad when i get a B or lower .__.

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff