Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Horn Tail~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beyond absolute

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:59 pm
Lord__Vader
x__Ramune
Takahashi Retsu
gonk i want 4th job already! y they make us w8 so long?! cuz we r american?!

That's the dumbest thing I've heard this year.

GMS is, obviously, a translated version taken from kMS. It takes a lot of effort to get all of the code and images and animations and whatnot translated and working smoothly with the entire game.
19 servers in 7 worlds, and a hell of a lot of maps need to be revamped in preparation for 4th job...And no, we can't just translate everything directly. Format of GMS and kMS are different, and we have some different locations as well neutral

I need to learn how to stop ranting.

Not all that many maps really need to be revamped, and all the monsters and such are already in the data.

Translating is a million times easier than MAKING it. If nexon had started on it as soon as the other versions released it, we would have had 4th long ago.

As far as all the servers in every world...its the same damn data on every channel, in every world. its like...Copy+Paste. There isnt separate data to get translated/integrated for every channel. The number of worlds/channels just effects how many servers they need, and how well they need to be networked (assuming each channel, or every few channels is on a different server)

I agree that translating is much easier than making it. Of course, it's not like Nexon hasn't created anything. :>

It can't possibly be as simple as copy and paste, though. I'm sure there are plenty of errors and reasons they can't just do that. :/

I do apologize for jumping to some conclusions, but not for ranting at Retsu. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:19 pm
I personnally wouldn't sit in front of the computer, trying to beat a boss for HOURS. If any of you wants to, good luck. o.o  

Rebirth Project

zonic69

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:30 pm
shouldnt be long anyway
we got heaps of high levelers on scania already.
Most will be able to take it on

and once they get 4th job ... they'll pwn anything

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:50 am

He doesn't take 12 hours to beat, unless the party just absolutely sucks.
He may only take about 2, 1/2 hours to beat, which isn't that bad.
I mean you sit on the computer playing that long just training, hell maybe even longer.

Fighting a boss that gives you lots of great equips should be worth it if you live through it.
Though it'll be quite a while before I'm anywhere near able to be in a party worthy of taking him on, I'm most definitely going to do so.
Too bad I'm only a 75 mage.
It also means I'll have to be well near level 200 to be able to be an attacker, simply because I'ma mage and our HP is low. Even with what, hyper body is it, that boosts MP, I'd still have to be quite an elite high level beforehand. x.x I'm sure it'll be quite fun though to participate in a party of that caliber.

Xahero

Sex Symbol

Chronos Interferon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:48 am
Xahero

He doesn't take 12 hours to beat, unless the party just absolutely sucks.
He may only take about 2, 1/2 hours to beat, which isn't that bad.
I mean you sit on the computer playing that long just training, hell maybe even longer.

Fighting a boss that gives you lots of great equips should be worth it if you live through it.
Though it'll be quite a while before I'm anywhere near able to be in a party worthy of taking him on, I'm most definitely going to do so.
Too bad I'm only a 75 mage.
It also means I'll have to be well near level 200 to be able to be an attacker, simply because I'ma mage and our HP is low. Even with what, hyper body is it, that boosts MP, I'd still have to be quite an elite high level beforehand. x.x I'm sure it'll be quite fun though to participate in a party of that caliber.

You are correct with the amount of time it usually takes to defeat him, the equips are definitely worth it

And

It is very fun  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 am
x__Ramune
Takahashi Retsu
Arthur Interfuego
x__Ramune
Takahashi Retsu

GMS is, obviously, a translated version taken from kMS. It takes a lot of effort to get all of the code and images and animations and whatnot translated and working smoothly with the entire game.
19 servers in 7 worlds, and a hell of a lot of maps need to be revamped in preparation for 4th job...And no, we can't just translate everything directly. Format of GMS and kMS are different, and we have some different locations as well neutral

Wow eek You hit it right on the mark 3nodding
no she didnt....cant take a joke f3 xD

Your joke wasn't funny at all.
Bad grammar/spelling and using numbers instead of letters tends to make me think that you are actually being an idiot.
>___>
wow ur an a*****e eek  

Takahashi Retsu

Xahero

Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:15 pm
Takahashi Retsu
x__Ramune
Takahashi Retsu
Arthur Interfuego
x__Ramune
Takahashi Retsu

Bad grammar/spelling and using numbers instead of letters tends to make me think that you are actually being an idiot.
>___>
wow ur an a*****e eek

Dude just drop it. She's not an a*****e, you're the one who started speaking with numbers and looking like an idiot, so anybody has the right to call you on it.
Type like you have at least half a brain and people wont talk to you in such ways as you've been spoken to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:03 pm
Can't wait but seriously 12 fcking hours my god thats gay  

Xzabitor

Chronos Interferon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:31 pm
It doesn't take that long

That's just the time limit you get to kill him  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm
Ch4osdr4g0n
Can't wait but seriously 12 fcking hours my god thats gay
thats the time limit, usually people take 2~3 hours.  

Boxed Lunch

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Feather

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:37 pm
I love it when the designers make monsters that actually look dangerous and evil. I'm sick to death of killing s**t that is cuter than most pokemon. Horntail looks awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:39 pm
Xahero
Takahashi Retsu
x__Ramune
Takahashi Retsu
Arthur Interfuego

>___>
wow ur an a*****e eek

Dude just drop it. She's not an a*****e, you're the one who started speaking with numbers and looking like an idiot, so anybody has the right to call you on it.
Type like you have at least half a brain and people wont talk to you in such ways as you've been spoken to.
who cares if i type with numbers >.> doesnt make u look stupid makes u look like u wanna save the time from typeing a whole word i dont see were u can get some one being stupid because they don't take the time out to type the only one stupid is you for coming to that decision over something so little and unmeaningful  

Takahashi Retsu

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:41 pm
Takahashi Retsu
who cares if i type with numbers >.> doesnt make u look stupid makes u look like u wanna save the time from typeing a whole word i dont see were u can get some one being stupid because they don't take the time out to type the only one stupid is you for coming to that decision over something so little and unmeaningful

Some actually DO care. Chat speak can really be annoying to a certain point. It gets so confusing most of the time. In the end, you don't even want to bother read and quickly lose interest in what the person typed.

So, it would just be nice if you make an effort and type properly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:46 pm
Takahashi Retsu
Xahero
Takahashi Retsu
x__Ramune
Takahashi Retsu
Arthur Interfuego

>___>
wow ur an a*****e eek

Wrong.
That idiotic rant of yours without spelling and punctuation looks like a block of rambling. If YOU can't type out three little letters then you're a lazy dumbass. YOU and your chat speak is the most annoying thing ever. Everything YOU typed is non meaningful. It does make people look stupid. Typing out a word correctly doesn't waste any time at all. What rush are YOU in? Are YOU in the middle of a game? No you're not. You're in a forum where if YOU have the time to type responses, then YOU have the time to type a three or four lettered word entirely.  

Xahero

Sex Symbol

Takahashi Retsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Xahero
Takahashi Retsu
Xahero
Takahashi Retsu
x__Ramune

>___>
wow ur an a*****e eek

Wrong.
That idiotic rant of yours without spelling and punctuation looks like a block of rambling. If YOU can't type out three little letters then you're a lazy dumbass. YOU and your chat speak is the most annoying thing ever. Everything YOU typed is non meaningful. It does make people look stupid. Typing out a word correctly doesn't waste any time at all. What rush are YOU in? Are YOU in the middle of a game? No you're not. You're in a forum where if YOU have the time to type responses, then YOU have the time to type a three or four lettered word entirely.
there u go with your retarded immature assuptions u grammar nut xp  
Maple Story

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces