Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kunx990

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:49 pm
User Image
I was bored

True but anyways Ubers suck for their high base stats have normally huge move pool that comes with it, thats why Mew is an uber, as the other base 600 pokemon along with Slacking have a small move pool or bad traits.
So I got this D: User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:37 pm
Ubers are the cheaters of the Pokémon world, in a way. Now let's all debate the strongest OU! I say Garchomp.  

darkslasherX

Kunx990

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm
User Image
I was bored

Swampert OHKO's it with an avalanche biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:41 am
i agree Garchomp=Draco Meteor  

Blacklaybor

Kunx990

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:57 am
Blakino Boy
i agree Garchomp=Draco Meteor
User Image
I was bored

. . . . Well thats about n00bish there unless your other attacks match what I'm thinking of. What is your Chomp's moveset?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:27 am
Garchomp is pretty strong, but hit it with an ice move and it will go down without even having a chance to do anything. Although,that seems to be the case with most Dragon-types. They tend to get piared up with another type that's weak against Ice. confused That being said, if it isn't faced with an Ice-type Pokemon, Garchomp probably is the best.  

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

darkslasherX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:02 pm
Every OU (and under) Pokémon has its weaknesses, and that's why they don't suck like ubers.

Anyways, if Garchomp is in a sandstorm, then any Ice-type attacks against it have a 25% chance to miss because of Sand Veil, so Garchomp's double weakness to Ice-type moves isn't as bad as Tyranitar's double weakness to Fighting-type moves or Swampert's double weakness to Grass-type moves. Even without that evasion chance, Garchomp can always use a Choice Scarf and Outrage the opponent to death before any Ice-type moves show up. (Of course, this doesn't work very well against Starmie and Swampert... but every OU Pokémon has its weaknesses.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:04 pm
draco meteor
dragon claw
giga impact
Crunch  

Blacklaybor

Kunx990

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 pm
darkslasherX
Every OU (and under) Pokémon has its weaknesses, and that's why they don't suck like ubers.

Anyways, if Garchomp is in a sandstorm, then any Ice-type attacks against it have a 25% chance to miss because of Sand Veil, so Garchomp's double weakness to Ice-type moves isn't as bad as Tyranitar's double weakness to Fighting-type moves or Swampert's double weakness to Grass-type moves. Even without that evasion chance, Garchomp can always use a Choice Scarf and Outrage the opponent to death before any Ice-type moves show up. (Of course, this doesn't work very well against Starmie and Swampert... but every OU Pokémon has its weaknesses.)

Weavile's and Donphan's Ice Shards always stop a Garchomp dead in its tracks.

Blakino Boy
draco meteor
dragon claw
giga impact
Crunch
User Image
I was ******** terrible get some skills then we'll talk.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:00 pm
then tell me moves does ur Chomp have  

Blacklaybor

Kunx990

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:06 pm
User Image
I was bored

Carsalesman @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Crunch
Earthqake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

It could only be taken out by anything that can
1. Take the attack then fire back an Ice Beam or Ice Punch or an other Dragon attack
2. Ice Shard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:15 pm
User Image
I was bored

Your moveset only covers three out of seventeen types to my thirteen out of seventeen

Kunx990

darkslasherX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:40 pm
Kunx990
User Image
I was bored

Carsalesman @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Crunch
Earthqake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

It could only be taken out by anything that can
1. Take the attack then fire back an Ice Beam or Ice Punch or an other Dragon attack
2. Ice Shard

The Carsalesman will eat you alive.
I prefer Outrage over Dragon Claw and Fire Blast over Fire Fang on my Choice Scarf Garchomp, though. Fire Blast defeats Steel-types and Tangrowth (who have high Defense) easier, and Outrage has a whopping 120 base power. Being locked into the move for a few turns is disadvantageous, though.

Words of advice for those who don't know:
-Don't try to use more than one move of a single type on one Pokémon. You can't inflict as many Super Effective hits that way.
-Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Roar of Time are overrated. Losing that turn to recharge can cost you the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:43 pm
good point but remeber ur oponent cant know the moves in ur pokemon have moves that the enmy wont expect  

Blacklaybor

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:52 pm
Very good words to live by in competitive battling. However, Giga Impact is a very good move, so it still might be worth it to keep around.  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff