How 's your Fantasy collection?
  Small
  Normal
  Huge
  There 's no end to it! Bring in the new ones
View Results

Shanti~dragongirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 pm
I must admit my personal collection is small but growing with mosth of the books being Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. But if you combined mine with my brother's and father's and you'll get a fairly decent collection. Then if you add all the Sci-fi aswell it's getting fairly big Then there's all my mother's romances, the national geographic magazines that go way back to prehistoric times, the cook books, plus all the flora and fauna books oh and the language books and all those other books that don't fit into any of the above categories xp and our house is pretty much filled. There's books in every room cept the bathroom. Even the shed has old books in it. whee Our family does enjoy our reading.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:59 am
i live in a small house with my family so my huge a** book collection (over fivehundred) has to be put in rubbermaid boxes then put in the garage one day i am going to have a library like in the movie clue  

murphyad

ninja_lord76

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 am
I am planing on haveing a library too! biggrin But I am far from haveing a library worthy collection.I only own 60 or so books, but its growing. I got 12 books just this Christmas! Next christmas im asking for a book shelf.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:27 am
Well I have quite a lot of fantasy books but I don't really have to buy that many because my dad do (he is a fantsy freak too rolleyes ) so if you count those books I have borowed from my dad (and won't give him back like EVER) my fantasy collection is huge if you only count my own books it's big! biggrin  

Eoinda

koorimefiregirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:06 pm
I bought my first fantasy book in the eigth grade about 6 years ago now. I have collected a lot since then and I don't have an actual book case. so I box up my books instead. I can never get rid of a book so I now have so many I had to write them all down in a notebook that I should add the latest 10 to. The titles of the books I have fill about 15 pages in the notebook and I have three inbound from amazon.com right now. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:16 pm
I have a bajillion books (haha yay for overexageration)

Actually my books span 4 houses (my apartment, my parents', my sister's place, and my fiance's parents') I am reading nearly constantly, and they are 90% fantasy -- the remaining 10% are school books and historical fiction mostly...

I love it. I am actually getting rid of about 100 books right now b/c I'm moving between countries and I can't really keep them all. Soon I'll have a house (not a tiny apartment) and book collections are like fish -- you give them more room and they GROW! ^_^

I'm excited. hehe

I probably bought my first fantasy book ... in like 5th grade (that's over a decade ago O.o) I instantly fell in love w/ the genre -- I truely beleive that reading should be to escape reality so fantasy is the bestest.

danniqi

Kimeira

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:47 am
Normally, I wouldn't consider my book collection huge, but factoring in circumstances it's like the NY Public Library.

Circumstances being living in a tiny town with no bookshops stocking Fantasy, being two hours drive from the nearest bookshop that does stock fantasy, and having no actual car (not to mention the public transport, which is...dangerous, to say the least)

But despite all that I have more books that can actually fit on my bookshelf, as well as a little room filled almost entirely with books.

I keep my books in alphabetical order, or I used to. We've got a new housekeeper lately who shelves them according to size. I pitch fits! Does she even know how long it takes to shelve approximately 500 books alphabetically? gonk gonk

But hey...there's too many for the shelves anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:41 am
Lets see. I have a bookself as tall as my wall and as wide as like 5 skinny people full of books...and some on the floor. I still consider it normal...or small.

My "sacred" books are kept in "wall crevices" by one of my desks *I have two. This books are by the built in desk*

These "sacred" books include:
The Two Tamora Pierce books I have
Dragon Rider
Eragon
Eldest (which I must read some day)
And...like...thats it. ^^  

Cherry It

Liberal Bloodsucker

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cherry It

Liberal Bloodsucker

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:43 am
Shanti~dragongirl
I must admit my personal collection is small but growing with mosth of the books being Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. But if you combined mine with my brother's and father's and you'll get a fairly decent collection. Then if you add all the Sci-fi aswell it's getting fairly big Then there's all my mother's romances, the national geographic magazines that go way back to prehistoric times, the cook books, plus all the flora and fauna books oh and the language books and all those other books that don't fit into any of the above categories xp and our house is pretty much filled. There's books in every room cept the bathroom. Even the shed has old books in it. whee Our family does enjoy our reading.

Trade you familys! Me and my dad are the only reading fanatics in the house.
Its depressing,lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:13 pm
My fantasy collection is pretty small as I borrow almost all of my books from the public or school library, most of the ones at home are the ones my brother really really liked and bought smile Almost the only ones I have are: The Amber Spyglass (which i bought from a HK$2 sale at school), two Redwall books and Magician by Raymond E. Feist.

~Pam  

Pamyl

ninja_lord76

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 am
XxCindahEllaxX
Shanti~dragongirl

Trade you familys! Me and my dad are the only reading fanatics in the house.
Its depressing,lol.

Im the only book fanatic at my house. I can never find a quiet room to read in! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:05 pm
i have a large collection, midway between normal and huge.

but i do have to stack the paperbacks in two rows, with one behind, so i often forget what's back there.

i like to collect classic authors, and i have all of Tolkein and C.S. Lewis, and, i'm proud to say, of George MacDonald.

i have all of H.P. Lovecraft too, if that counts.

i have most of William Morris, but some of his good ones are out of print now, and resales are expensive (The Waters of the Wondrous ISles, for instance)

i have all of Mervyn Peake.

most of Lord Dunsany.

most of James Branch Cabell.

all of A.A. Milne!

for modern authors, i am have all of John Crowley, all of Joy Chant, most of Robert Holdstock, Robin McKinley, Patricia McKillip, Charles de Lint, Katherine Kurtz (whom i don't even like), Janny Wurts, Jorge Borges, Terri Windling, and one each by four dozen others including Garth Nix who seriously needs to become another collection.  

chessiejo

Zenjin101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:03 am
Almost Every one of my books are Fantasy and I have more books than I have room for. As for when I bought my first book I have no idea. I've Read all of Tamora Pierce's Books and I own one of them called Beka Cooper. Not only have I read all of Pierce's Books she is my favorite Author.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:00 pm
I can't say I have as many books as I like, but in my house my room can be refered to as the library. My younger brothers are always asking for books to borrow.  

Tegan_Sky

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces