Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Body Mod and the Divine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Body Mod for spiritual reasons?
Yes!
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Never!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ouch?!
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Poll Ninja
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

Keistera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:56 pm
"Birth is pain, life is pain, death is pain." ... Or something along that line. Damien Thorn (Sam Neill) in Omen III said something like that, and I can't find the exact quote. -.-

Anyway...

Body Mods for spiritual reasons are good for those that feel they'd benefit from them -- they just aren't my thing. I can't see myself doing anything to myself, it just doesn't jive with me, man. I would like a tattoo - but would rather go with Henna. Not permanent, and can change depending upon the purpose and the time in my life.

I would have some instrumental music of some sort playing - Eastern sound, perhaps - just close my eyes, relax, and visualize what this piece is for, its purpose, and how it will connect me to the Divine, or how it will strengthen my relationship with the Divine.

If I were to get a permanent tattoo, it would be black ink only. Painkillers, yes. I have low threshold for pain (especially after having that pilonidal abscess drained -- but if I can handle that, I can handle nearly anything).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:43 pm
Keistera
I would like a tattoo - but would rather go with Henna. Not permanent, and can change depending upon the purpose and the time in my life.

I would have some instrumental music of some sort playing - Eastern sound, perhaps - just close my eyes, relax, and visualize what this piece is for, its purpose, and how it will connect me to the Divine, or how it will strengthen my relationship with the Divine.

Now that's what Im' talking about. Henna would be the perfect solution. I think we just got a new Henna parlor in town. I should go check it out and see what's available. It looks totally goreous.

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

VwolfV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:49 pm
I have actually been wanting to get a Celtic Cross tatto with 2 roses wrapped around the ring which comes down into a cladagh. Unfortunately, no money though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:08 pm
Quote:
sinaya_skripka Posted:
Hmm. I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo for a really good reason, but I haven't found one good enough yet. My issue with tattoos is this: I'm very fickle. I'm afraid if I got a tattoo, I would get bored with it within months. So, it would have to be very, very meaningful for me, and I honestly can't think of any image meaningful enough.

I've thought of getting a tattoo, but like you I can't think of any symbol important enough that I wouldn't change my mind in the future. I don't think there's any image that is as divine as anything in this world or that can adequately convey the divine universe.  

Wood Sorrel

Wood Sorrel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:11 pm
Though I could see using henna. I made a bracelet that symbolizes the cycles in life that I wear all the time. I can use it to track the year, the moon, the changes in my life, or as prayer beads.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:09 pm
Keistera
Painkillers, yes. I have low threshold for pain (especially after having that pilonidal abscess drained -- but if I can handle that, I can handle nearly anything).

So the pain would not be part of the sacrifice for the piece? Interesting...

Vwolf>>

What is it meant to represent and how it is connected to your spirituality?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'll be sticking proper photos of it, and my next one when I get it, on my site as soon as I get a job and can build my personal website.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:18 pm
reagun ban

I'll be sticking proper photos of it, and my next one when I get it, on my site as soon as I get a job and can build my personal website.

Nice ink. Does it have religious meaning? Was there any ritual involved?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:27 pm
TeaDidikai
Nice ink. Does it have religious meaning? Was there any ritual involved?

There's a lot of religious significance behind it, several layers of meanings.
Primarily, the duality forces within creation, good evil, flow stasis, life death, all opposites united because they are (essentially) two parts of the whole balance.
These forces govern how we move through our life cycles.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:50 pm
I have two pieces on my spine. One is 'hope'. The other is of my own design, and it symbolizes a way of moving through the dream wherein you bring obsticals into yourself to transfer the energy held within them to continue along your path. Wind-water principal, I call it. Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to the Earth-fire principal? sweatdrop

The ultimate goal is to have tattoos down my spine which represent ideas that I feel are necessary for the human conciousness evolution. Each is a linework design which can be done by any professional tattoo artist. The next is going to look something like this: http://www.bunnyjane.com/japanreikiphotos/MVC-423S.JPG. Anyone wanna guess it's meaning?

Ritual prior to and during, if it's acceptable. That all life and love is a ritual makes that a bit easier. All is divine kids mrgreen

And absoloute negatory on painkillers. If you use painkillers, you're not getting a tattoo, you're not doing something spiritual... tattoos involve pain. Period.  

psycmoe

psycmoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:52 pm
VwolfV
I have actually been wanting to get a Celtic Cross tatto with 2 roses wrapped around the ring which comes down into a cladagh. Unfortunately, no money though.

How do you feel this connects to your spirituality?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:59 am
psycmoe

Ritual prior to and during, if it's acceptable. That all life and love is a ritual makes that a bit easier. All is divine kids mrgreen

And absoloute negatory on painkillers. If you use painkillers, you're not getting a tattoo, you're not doing something spiritual... tattoos involve pain. Period.

I agree on the pain part- disagree on the "all life is ritual"- mostly because when "all is X" then X has no meaning.

What kinds of rituals did other folks do? What kinds of rituals do folks plan to do in the future?

Also- aside from simply being comfortable with an artist- would someone (other than myself) seek out a pagan tattoo artist for the sake of ritual?  

TeaDidikai

Harrah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:11 pm
TeaDidikai
I agree on the pain part- disagree on the "all life is ritual"- mostly because when "all is X" then X has no meaning.

What kinds of rituals did other folks do? What kinds of rituals do folks plan to do in the future?

Also- aside from simply being comfortable with an artist- would someone (other than myself) seek out a pagan tattoo artist for the sake of ritual?

So far, I'm set on getting a triquetra on the back of my neck. I would use it the same way I use my triquetra necklace, for charging during Esbats.

I will find a Pagan tatoo artist, because they will be more experienced in the art of Pagan body mods. Hopefully, I'll find an artist good enough so I can go to him or her for my spiritual tatoos.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:18 pm
Harrah

So far, I'm set on getting a triquetra on the back of my neck. I would use it the same way I use my triquetra necklace, for charging during Esbats.

I will find a Pagan tatoo artist, because they will be more experienced in the art of Pagan body mods. Hopefully, I'll find an artist good enough so I can go to him or her for my spiritual tatoos.

Do you plan to personalize your triquetra at all?  

TeaDidikai

Harrah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:21 pm
Yes, I have been doing sketches of many possibilities: Black Roses, a Sun Star, Knots--just to name a few smile  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff