Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would L become a Hollow?
  Yes, he had unfinished business
  Quite possibly
  No! L's a good guy!
  No. He knew Mello and Near would finish what he started.
View Results

Base Illusion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:30 pm
I don't think L would become a Hallow because it was a shinigami that killed him, so I would assume that his soul would automatically go to the Soul Society or where ever.

Also, I agree that his knowledge of his successors and his awareness that he was right about Light would prevent him from feeling unsettled. He also seems to strongly believe that good will prevail over evil, and so he would have no need to fear Kira not being caught.

It's really hard to say how it works since the rules of shinigami seem to vary between the shows, but it's a fun hypothetical either way!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:44 pm
User Image

Rukia Kuchiki stated in one episode that it takes months even years for a soul to transform into a Hollow. If the soul is left unattended to it will lose itself in it's own emotions (Orihime's brother for example) and the transformation can happen quicker. Also if the Chain of Fate is ripped from their chests they will have no choice but to become a Hollow.

However I do believe that L wouldn't become a Hollow. He had full faith in Near and Mello defeating Kira in the end and died with that knowledge. He would have crossed over almost instantly, like some souls tend to do. There would only be a slim chance that he would stick around to watch the outcome, and if that happened he might end up as a Hollow, but it's unlikely.

Light however would definitely become a Hollow. And if Aizen found him everyone would fear for the fate of the world... I don't want to think about Light being a Espada. *shiver* Gives me the creeps to think about him having MORE power.

Now I have to go and watch something happy and annoying to get the bad taste out of my brain. *shivers*

L, did you know Shinigami only eat apples?

Tyler Jace Jacobs

ZachIsAPanda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:48 pm
I don't think he died in a way he wouldn't have thought, I'm pretty sure he knew he'd die by Kira if he were to die.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:38 pm
Somehow, Tyler, you mentioning Light turning into an Espada reminded me of Ulquiorra, which made me think of L. Don't ask how.  

UltimaMage3

Teh Ty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:17 pm
He could have starightened his hair and drew lines under his eyes and turned into Ulquiorra, look at the resemblince!
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:03 pm
L wouldn't turn into a hallow. Even in the end, I doubt he had any regrets (aside from letting Kira get too close to succeed). He knew the truth and he knew Near and Mellow would succeed. If we really want to do the Kingdom Hearts/Deathnote comparison, I'd venture to guess on the Final Fantasy side of KH and say he went to the Lifestream and will be reborn ^.^  

King Robert Silvermyst

Red Kasei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:15 pm
I don't like L would become a Hollow. He pretty much knew everything and he's not the kind of person that sets out on revenge. Unlike Light, he has a much better understanding of the world and knows that revenge solves nothing, and neither does violence.
Still... I'd love to see how L would look as a Hollow. Not to mention how scared Light would be if he saw Hollow L!
Personally, L looks more like a humanized shinigami. I'm sticking to my theory that he was born with 'the eyes' and that's how he knew Light was Kira by just looking at him.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:56 pm
No L wouldnt become a hollow because his character does not seem "blood thirsty". But before he goes into soul society he'd use his smart brain and ask questions to see if they were lying. I personally think he'd become a captain after he gets into soul society. ;D  

Rocker_blah

Saint Hallow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:37 am
no, he had mello and near...he knew the orphans could take care of it.

after all, in the end, near did find it out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:46 pm
If L became a Hollow...

Let's be frank here.

We don't all know that L isn't feeling kinda pissed off that Light actually killed him. It never really said that he was above vengeance, and he even stated himself that he was "Childish and hated to lose."

So, if he hated to lose, why not become a hollow and kick Light's sorry soul all the way to Hueco Mundo?

And... *shiver*... The Ulquiorra thing might actually work, if L became an Arrancar, which we all know he would because he's just awesome like that. And if L was Ulquiorra, then him as a Hollow acts just a little bit more sadistic than L as a human.

Jus' sayin. No flames, please.  

ThreeBooksInTheFire

SirLord Suffix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 pm
User Image
Need I say more?..  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 pm
This crossover makes more sense than you'd think. Consider this: the Japanese term for Soul Reapers is shinigami. Could the Death Note be a zanpaku-to?

L might become a Hollow if he had enough malice towards Kira in his heart, but he's not the kind to hate people! He'd become a Soul Reaper, clearly.  

T3h Waffleman

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces