Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
"YOU DONT LIKE ANIME?! BUT YOU'RE ASIAN!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:09 pm
okay, so this is interesting.....i'm asian and i def don't like to watch anime....i used to watch like sailor moon and stuff when i was a little girl...but thats decades ago..lol and its so weird how some people fall in love with anime characters...yeah..a little cuckoo is you ask me lol but i'm asian and i am smart! lol keke so guess thats one stereotype i fit under...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:19 pm
Yuan v2
SDES
If they are black - "You don't like KFC/Watermelons/Ghetto booty/tribal music/Xbox? But you're black!"

If they are white - "You don't like Simple Plan/NASCAR/Keith Urban/Missy Higgins/Emo people/Scene people/Homosexual marriages/Xbox? But you're white!"

All races can get the same treatment. Keywords being "all" and "can".

I didn't say they don't. I'm just pointing out how annoying stereotypes can be, though everyone knows already. Bleh. Stupid stereotypes. *Kicks it* :[
I'm just saying that you can hit back just as hard as you get it.  

SDES

iBlackros3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:14 am
though you dnt want anime..it doesn't have a connection..that your not an asian,.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:56 pm
Just one last night,
I want to hold you tight...

User Image QUESTING! User Image

At my school, the majority of the student body is/are asian.
There's a lot of Asian wannabes.
All of them like anime, even though a lot of the real Asians don't.
The anime phase is over for a lot of us.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Just one last night,
It feels so right...

CAP_10_12_06_ily

Vucci

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:13 am
stfu  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:10 pm
tell them to ******** off

excuse my language  

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

[Queen of Spades]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:12 pm
My anime phase is over.
I just read some manga.
It's not really a big deal anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:25 am
um.
WTH?
asian =/= anime.
anime =/= asian.
and what more,
anime=/= human.

kt_jingle

Chococat_0623

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:12 pm
i like anime a lot but i would never say that all asians like it. I mean, everybody's different right? heart  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:36 pm
That's a new one. If you're Asian, you have to like anime... Now who came up with that? I know some Asians who can care less about anime.  

BlueGam

Valentina Ambrosia Dizon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:32 pm
Yeah, it's pretty annoying.
I do like anime, but I'm not that obsessed anymore....>.>
I think people who label others are really those that are weak-willed and they're just showing their stupidity. >.>

I've actually recently had a incident like this where a classmate of mine asked, "Do you listen to EMO music?" just because of my dressing style...=.="
And I was like, "Way to judge a book by it's cover, you dumbass."

Basically, just ignore them, one day they'll realize how stupid they were being.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:21 pm
omgz. this stuff is like soo true. imm asian and imm not really into anime or manga or those korean dramas nn stuff like that. like even somebody called me "whitewash" cuzz i didnt like that stuff. but its just incredibly rude and most ppl like think asian pplz are like extremely smart and gifted even tho me ish gifted but like i have a friend who isnt gifted nn ppl like say omg howcome shes not gifted??? she chinese!!!! it just really gets on my nerves sometimes. why cant some ppl just get over stereotyping??  

blueeskies

Gakuren_Shirayuki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:36 pm
im asain and i watch anmie  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:53 pm
Mine is ironic.

When my family and I used to be stationed on U.S. military bases in Japan, the Asians there were barely into anime. Only of a few of them were. Most of the Asians I knew where all into that gangstaaah hip hop crap (especially Filipinos! AUUUGGH with all that "~*~hawtie azn Pinayz 637~*~", AARRGGH it was so annoying!)

I feel that most of them were the same.

As for the Japanese...most of the Japanese at my school were barely into anime either. They were more of the California-Pacsun-Asian type girl. Like they're into bands such as Yellowcard, Spitalfield, Hawthorne Heights, etc. very much Warp Tour stuff, dressed in Pacun, Oneil, Anchorblue, Dickies, etc. and were into skater boys.

Talk about Americanization.

While when I moved here to the U.S., I find it so ironic that the anime and Japan freaks here expect me to like anime a lot and dress all Harajuku-y.

I can't even believe that most of my Asian friends who have been stationed in Japan as long as I have knew nothing about Harajuku or Japanese pop culture. I think some Japanese didn't know about it either, and especially the half-Japanese people.

Now I can't believe that I like anime and have become so interested in Japanese pop culture.

But anyway.
I'm about close to coming off-topic; I used to like anime then I got tired of it, now I like anime again. xD;; But I'm only a casual anime fan since I've only watched a few anime. I don't have all the time in the world to watch +100 anime series and countless number of episodes.

And I'd also like to cosplay, but I'm too cheap for that.

Jelai

Gakuren_Shirayuki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:23 pm
heh  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items