Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Voice Behind Tarot Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:37 pm
Romanus
So, instead of conveying sounds and words, they would convey meaning? (Independent of language)
Yep.

Quote:
Would you remove any if you found they had no historical backing, or would you regard their inclusion as UPG of some sort?
Actually, I'd be inclined to junk the Slavic influence over the clearly familial influences.

See- Zanki were a part of folk art. They were dyed, etched and embroidered onto things as charms.

My Baba- having an artistic eye (if not the most steady of hands in later years) painstakingly continued these arts. Her influences were likely a mixture of her years spent in the parts of the world she did, familial tradition and a desire to please her second husband.

This makes it beautiful in my eyes- something I couldn't part with. Would I openly state that certain ones were Slavic and others not? Very much so. But the tradition is valid- even if I am guessing at the name and origin of some of the glyphs.

Quote:

I would really appreciate that. smile But no rush, of course. xd
I can do it in the main guild or we can take it to my PathWays thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:50 pm
TeaDidikai

Quote:
Would you remove any if you found they had no historical backing, or would you regard their inclusion as UPG of some sort?
Actually, I'd be inclined to junk the Slavic influence over the clearly familial influences.

See- Zanki were a part of folk art. They were dyed, etched and embroidered onto things as charms.

My Baba- having an artistic eye (if not the most steady of hands in later years) painstakingly continued these arts. Her influences were likely a mixture of her years spent in the parts of the world she did, familial tradition and a desire to please her second husband.

This makes it beautiful in my eyes- something I couldn't part with. Would I openly state that certain ones were Slavic and others not? Very much so. But the tradition is valid- even if I am guessing at the name and origin of some of the glyphs.

That's beautiful. smile I can see why you'd junk Slavic runes for family ones.

Quote:
Quote:
I would really appreciate that. smile But no rush, of course. xd
I can do it in the main guild or we can take it to my PathWays thread.

Either works for me. smile Whichever one is easiest for you. I'll be looking forward to it. smile  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:56 pm
Romanus

That's beautiful. smile I can see why you'd junk Slavic runes for family ones.
Luckily, I don't have to discard either.

Quote:

Either works for me. smile Whichever one is easiest for you. I'll be looking forward to it. smile
Pathways then.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces