Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Non-British TV: it'll never be "Great" but we ♥ it anyway. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:14 am
Frasier heart
and That 70s Show heart heart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:23 am
xXx White Lily xXx
Frasier heart

I never got Frasier. It just was too American for me to understand half the jokes. Plus it was a spinoff of another show I hated (can't remmeber right now).  

Prince Starchild

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:08 pm
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu
This thread was doomed from the start.

All Heroes ever really had going for it was the sweeping epicness of the plot, which came undone pretty quickly sry2say. neutral
I thought the first season was fun. Not seen any of the second so I don't know if you are on about the first or second seasons.

I liked the first season for a while, but towards the end I got bored with the total lack of character growth (which might bias me, because characterisation is my favourite aspect of any show, and it's not really fair to expect a show like Heroes to be all that big on it) and imo the plot wasn't super-fantastic enough to hold it up.

I haven't seen the second season either.

princess lolitrap
Futurama: the high point of American animation. I bought the season one boxset the other day and have watched it all.

Have you seen the new movie-style-deal "Bender's Big Score"? I liked the first ten minutes or so, then... not so much. I was pretty tired when I watched, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:42 pm
Foetus In Fetu
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu
This thread was doomed from the start.

All Heroes ever really had going for it was the sweeping epicness of the plot, which came undone pretty quickly sry2say. neutral
I thought the first season was fun. Not seen any of the second so I don't know if you are on about the first or second seasons.

I liked the first season for a while, but towards the end I got bored with the total lack of character growth (which might bias me, because characterisation is my favourite aspect of any show, and it's not really fair to expect a show like Heroes to be all that big on it) and imo the plot wasn't super-fantastic enough to hold it up.

I haven't seen the second season either.

princess lolitrap
Futurama: the high point of American animation. I bought the season one boxset the other day and have watched it all.

Have you seen the new movie-style-deal "Bender's Big Score"? I liked the first ten minutes or so, then... not so much. I was pretty tired when I watched, though.

Nope, I haven't seen any recent episodes, though I read that they made a trilogy of films or something and then released them as a new season?  

Prince Starchild

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:26 pm
Yeah, something like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:28 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Yeah, something like that.

I'll buy them when the ycome out, but until then I doubt I'll be able to catch anything new.  

Prince Starchild

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 am
Have I mentioned House?

I must have done but I cannot be bothered to check. He really started to get on my nerves in the third season when he almost fell apart. Not seen the fourth and how he copes with the drama at the end of the third.

I want to watch the BSG third season now. I hate Virgin and Sky for ******** it up when I was back home and able to follow it.

Is it too controversial to say that Futurama is better than the Simpsons?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 am
A Lost Iguana

If by "controversial" you mean "true", yeah.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Prince Starchild

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:22 am
Foetus In Fetu
A Lost Iguana

If by "controversial" you mean "true", yeah.

QFT

Also,ouse used to be cool. The third season ruined it for me (apart from that delightful incest episode!). The best episode of all time is the one during the second season with the supermodel who is really a boy (and looks like Bridget to boot).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:41 am
princess lolitrap
xXx White Lily xXx
Frasier heart

I never got Frasier. It just was too American for me to understand half the jokes.

I quite liked that though. I revelled in its American-ness even though I couldn't always directly understand it. I feel the same way about some of Woody Allen, actually.

I actually prefer Family Guy to Futurama. Futurama's probably more subtle and clever, but Family Guy just makes me crease like nothing else.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:17 am
Ugh, Family Guy is so ridiculously overrated.

You know what stops being funny after you use it 532790563479065389054 times in a single episode? "Went on so long it stopped being funny... and then went round to the beginning and started being funny again."

I think the point that it stops getting funny again is the same point where you start questioning if they're really just doing it to pad out otherwise humouristically sparse episodes.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:02 am
Family Guy is funny, though, I've kept my watching of it to a minimum. I'm not convinced by American Dan. Futurama will superior if only for the episode where Fry goes to Atlantis. Other type of mermaid.… XD

I liked the third season of House, though, he did become quite a utter self-absorbed b*****d. David Morse was spectacularly menacing in the investigation episodes, I thought House would learn but I supposed he would not be House if he did. He really is a nasty person. neutral

Still Battlestar Galactica is where is it at. I watched the Miniseries again the other day and Edward James Olmos is great. You could make the accusation that they are making science fiction far far too serious but I think BSG does it with so much style.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:46 pm
"I need a favour that's not sexual... take off your pants."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:01 pm
I like will and grace but can be annoying sometimes the camp guy off it, Omg so annoying and yes i act camp aswell sometimes also hehehe only around girls im really close to.  

Daviechu

ghlskfjldfs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:39 pm
xXx White Lily xXx
Frasier heart

Oh, I love Frasier. The dog is simply adorable. And so is Niles. xD

Now, Family Guy, hmm. I've never seen an episode of it, but people keep raving about how good it is, and telling me that I should watch it because it's "my sort of humour". The thing is, it doesn't look that amazing, and I'm still not very tempted to watch it - the thing that's mainly putting me off is the art style. I really, really dislike that style of cartoon.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff