View Results

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:10 am
Witness The Failure
Guns of Navarone
Witness The Failure
User Image
User Image
My local ska scene's kinda... Eh. Not so big.
But we have great ska bands hailing from long island.
Well, the only ones I know of that are/were pretty big are Patent Pending and the Arrogant Sons of Bitches.
But we've also got:
Benny Fabulous (A band full of some of my friends and my older brother.)
The Homecoming Queens
Bomb the Music Industry (Not so much ska, but most of the members of ASOB are in this band)
The Watergate Brigade
Old Fashioned Oyster Crackers

And that's all I can really think of.
So, guys:
-Show us your local ska favorites!
-Or your own band, what the hey!
Come on now, I love hearing new music smile

User Image

User Image
it's a modern look
but it's all about roots

waiit your from LI and no mention of Ednas Goldfish, HSFH, or Jay Tea??

anyways. no huge bands in the area. some bigs ones from the state but whatever.

too lazy for links.

I live in the tampa bay area of florida, local bands:
the pants
cio
sellouts of ska
can't do it
brentford sound
johnny cakes and the 4 horsemen of the apocalypso
and some others, look em up. good bands.

Duskalts
If there's a scene in Orlando, they're hiding very well from me.

I know about Ten 13 Concept, and a couple others.... But that's about it.

I meet the rare rudie, fall in love with them... Then go Skatanic on 'em. twisted

Uhh are you a tard???

orlando florida?

69 fingers?
supervillains?
User Image
User Image
I saw Jay Tea once, didn't like them all that much.
I guess I was talking about bands I've seen more than once in my area.

User Image

User Image

Jay Tea would be a him, unless you mean his backing band, which is weird. Jay Tea and the ____'s are great though. I mean he's not like amazing music, its an acoustic act, just meant to be fun.

and no edna's goldfish? 2nd best thing to come out of LI  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:37 pm
none existent.  

YoshiMexico

Throwaway Style

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LOS ANGELES...

This means you!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Unfortunately the local "scenes" are horrible A) Screamo areas, B) Metal-head junk, or C) ... Dude, I don't have a C.. I guess I would since both those scenes I know of are- and I don't want to insult too many people- Crap. Can't stand it. Positive Mental Attitude, y'know? I can't stand not having that!  

Maximillian Riese

a real love survives

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:30 pm
the ska scene around here is somewhat lacking.

the johnstones

keepin 6

i highly recommend both these bands. i have seen the johnstones numerous times and they never fail to bring the rawk =P

also, the drummer is highly attractive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 pm
theyyy were on ska is dead weren't they? the comp I mean.  

Guns of Navarone

bake_out

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:03 pm
its ok were i live but all over cali
wow its an amazing thing
you see a psycho that kind of looks
like a rudie and they play an instrument
well yeah i am kind of talking about me
but you know its preatty cool here
my neghibor is a rudie  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:22 pm
we havent even got a ska scene---its non existent!

well, except for my band, but really....  

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150

Slag10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:26 pm
not much of one in middle TN anymore. we got about 3 or 4 bands that still get out and play though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:21 pm
I wish the scene was how it was a few years ago. 2005 skatoberfest sold out state theater, which is a pretty decent sized place. Less Than Jakes played tehre before, and streetlight. so its not small. sure those bands also sold it out, but my point is, 2 years ago local ska bands could sell out shows, now, theres like 30 people at shows. it ******** blows.  

Guns of Navarone

Carousel Core

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:52 pm
Ohh, I just got into Bomb the Music Industry like...yesterday. Seriously, my friend made me a mix cd the other day with a bunch of their stuff on it.

Well I live in Massachusetts, about an hour from Boston, so I get to benefit at least a bit from all the Boston stuff, which is pretty cool. cool My personal scene? Well, the place I go to school (I live in another town nearby, long story) has an awesome music scene. We have some really good local bands and we have this little venue which is this record shop that has shows all the time and our local bands play and every once in a while we get someone a tiny bit bigger in the Masschusetts scene. (If anyone likes The Unseen, one of the guys came here with a side project or something. I couldn`t go, sadly) But our local bands are mostly punk, hardcore, and screamo. We don`t have much of a local ska scene as far as I know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:33 am
Carousel Core
Ohh, I just got into Bomb the Music Industry like...yesterday. Seriously, my friend made me a mix cd the other day with a bunch of their stuff on it.

Well I live in Massachusetts, about an hour from Boston, so I get to benefit at least a bit from all the Boston stuff, which is pretty cool. cool My personal scene? Well, the place I go to school (I live in another town nearby, long story) has an awesome music scene. We have some really good local bands and we have this little venue which is this record shop that has shows all the time and our local bands play and every once in a while we get someone a tiny bit bigger in the Masschusetts scene. (If anyone likes The Unseen, one of the guys came here with a side project or something. I couldn`t go, sadly) But our local bands are mostly punk, hardcore, and screamo. We don`t have much of a local ska scene as far as I know.

well you have the bosstones.

lol.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 am
Carousel Core

Neskainside.net ...New england ska websites its not updated often but the forums are usualy full of shows most of which are in boston.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:31 pm
Kind of a dead thread now lol but the NJ ska scene is awesome!!!  

ShayneMarie

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:14 pm
THE ALMIGHTY LIST

FATTER THAN ALBERT
ANGRY BANANA
SCREAMS OF TRIUMPH
CITIZEN: DRED
AFTER-SCHOOL SPECIAL
SAMURAI DELI
THE STICKY BANDITS
PINWORMS