Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:23 pm
Merlinssister
I'm back baby, I wonder if anyone remembers me. question

I do~ n.n Always happy to see a member come back.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:13 pm
Sumomo87
Yeah, I can't wait for Tamora Pierce's next Beka Cooper book. But the author that really left me wanting more would be Cornelia Funke (InkHeart and InkSpell). I read those books ages ago and still I'm dying to know what happeneds to Meggie next!

amen. Though I'm giving her time, there was a large gap between Inkheart and Inkspell (She wrote another book in between them!), and keep in mind that they have to be translated as well.

I have an ultimate example as well. Margaret Wies coauthored a book called Dark Heart. The inside cover read "Dragon Disciples book 1" I looked and looked for the second book, but I didn't find it. I finally looked it up online and found the publishing date. 1971. This was in 2002. She never finished it. NEVER, and I seriously doubt she's going too, she's too busy with the Dragon Lance books.  

Tarantellatears

07nightshade

Beloved Fairy

15,650 Points
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:35 am
MinervaEvenstar
Young Wizards by Diane Duane - She's getting old and I'll be heartbroken if she dies before writing about how Nita and Kit get together. They MUST get together, dammit!

I love this series! I have read and re-read the books. I want to know what happen to the Prince. Is he dead or not?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:07 am
07nightshade
MinervaEvenstar
Young Wizards by Diane Duane - She's getting old and I'll be heartbroken if she dies before writing about how Nita and Kit get together. They MUST get together, dammit!

I love this series! I have read and re-read the books. I want to know what happen to the Prince. Is he dead or not?

I really need to get caught up on that! I only ever read the first one! ><  

Tarantellatears

Celestiara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:10 pm
Draug Heltikana
murphyad
Bruce Coville and his Unicorn books

yeah I read them in fifth grade, now I am a junior in college and I am still waiting

AMEN.

mad

Hear hear!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:07 pm
Tamora Pierce is technically finished with all her book series besides Beka Cooper's series which is behind schedule. I don't mind 'cuz I, lyk, totally am in luv with Tamora Pierce's books. And it is only one year not like ten,lol.  

Cherry It

Liberal Bloodsucker

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SageDragonM

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 pm
George R. R. Martin with his "A Song of Ice and Fire" Series. It is the greatest series I have ever read. It has been a few years since his last book was released, I don't think more than three years though. Two out of these already-released books are about 1000 pages or more. Each book is rife with subplots, individual usually to each of the character - even though each is related to each other. It is hard to keep track of all the intricacy, as it has been a year since I finished the last book. He is now writing his 1000+ page of his next installation of this series, but he is 3 years over his deadline! How much more can we take?!

I know. He is a very busy man.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 am
CastleAlyts
Going through another thread. it seems there is another to add to the annoying authors not coming out with books..

And the lucky new author is

Tamora Pierce.

She's one of my all time favorites!
There was this series and it just stopped it was The Nine lives of Chloe King or something .. i read it a long time ago..something about cats and she has some super abilities.. i can't really remember.  

ValHallaGirl

Kitten

12,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm
There was that book she said she was going to write about what happened the the tree that got turned into a man from that huge spell Numair cast at the end of the Immortals series. She even had a preview for it at the end of one of her books. Years later...NOTHING! stare  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 pm
Maze353
There was that book she said she was going to write about what happened the the tree that got turned into a man from that huge spell Numair cast at the end of the Immortals series. She even had a preview for it at the end of one of her books. Years later...NOTHING! stare

Wait, what? What book was this in the back of? I never heard of this at all! D:  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:25 am
I'll have to check when I get home. I can't remember. But I remember the preview had the guy happy as an apple tree then bam he's a man. He hooks up with a chick who helps him. She agrees to help him find the wizard who turned him into a man and get him turn back into a tree.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:40 pm
Weird, I never heard about that at all. And I used to check her "upcoming" page periodically, until it became really obvious that she never updated it.  

NightIntent
Captain

Celestiara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm
I think the Redwall series by Brian Jacques deserves a mention in this thread, if only because he won't wrap it up, and plotwise it was done half a dozen books ago.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 pm
I'd have to agree with you. His books have gotten to the point where it seems like he just changed the names of everybody and called it a new story.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

firexeyes17

Quotable Werewolf

6,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 pm
L.J Smith writes very good books not only has she stopped writing one and left her fans waiting since 1994 which was called the Forbidden Game Series she promised a return series but she has been so busy writing vampire diaries and now she can't write anymore because she has signed a contract and did the same thing for another series called the secret circle and has a ghost writer writing her stuff and on top of that she is taking FOREVER and and freaking day to write the last book to another series called the Nightworld on top of that she calms she is writing two more books and ever blog post is about a contest or her stupid dog and they are months in between.

Also Stephanie Meyer it has been forever since she finished twilight and the host and we are still waiting for the next book to the host and she has the movie coming out in 2013.

Bruce Coville could write more about the unicorns world namely the seventh dragon that was mentioned instead of leaving people hanging on the end note he left us with in the Last Hunt.

Dragonrider by the author that wrote inkheart could do a sequel to that book also.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff