Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Those Double Take Moments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalyani Srijoi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:16 pm
Absolutely nothing unexplainable has ever happened to me.

Okay, well, I dunno. I have this feeling that some unexplainable thing must have happened at some point, but maybe I forgot it because I just find those things to be so very unimportant.

I think if some weird s**t did happen, it's very likely that I'd forget, because unless it was really, really out there, it wouldn't change anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:38 am
I built my poseidon shrine today.
When it was complete I did a little ritual to dedicate it to him. I immediately felt happy, and I felt presence in the room change.

After a ritual, I always sit quietly for a while. Perhaps to await a response from a deity, or merely to contemplate the days ritual.
Whilst doing so, I just asked poseidon, 'well, do you like it?' and the feeling that came over me was quite indescribable. I felt utterly euphoric and content, I loved and felt loved at the same time. I wanted to cry because I was overwhelmed but at the same time I wanted to wave my arms and say 'yay!!'.
It was just...a really good state to be in, a deep seated feeling of being content.

I think he might of liked the shrine xd  

patch99329

miserabelle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:51 am
I had quite a few things when I was younger, growing up I was pretty well exposed to spiritualism and mediumship - there was always a lot going on in my house, my mom was a faith healer (which she's given up more or less, she is a fully qualified Reiki master though and she's done some levels of sekhem healing) and she was friends with various mediums and healers and 'new age' type people... when mom's friends visited, there'd always be quite an energised atmosphere which being quite young I think I picked up on very easily.

I saw quite a lot of stuff back then and I've forgotten about most of it... but when it started to fade as I got a bit older, there was one thing that I've always thought was really odd... my mom's aunt had been in hospital for a little while, and there was one night where I was in bed and I saw her very clearly in front of me, she vanished almost as quickly as I'd seen her, just as the phone was ringing. The call was from my mom's cousin, to tell her that her aunt had just died.

I'd have said it was imagination, had it not been for the timing.

xxx x  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 am
My first real dealings with the supernatural could be explained in this way:
I was walking along a trail near a small lake, carved into the side of a steep sandstone cliff, when my footing gave way and a small section of the cliff collapsed and took me with it. I remember hitting trees and then a soft landing, and then a feeling of great kindness or happiness, and then I woke up. I was sitting on three feet of sandstone, a jagged layer of shale, and I could see snapped off twigs and branches from the way down littering the ground around me. There is no way that I could have had a soft landing on that, it was too jagged, sharp, and solid for me not to have at least a cracked skull or some broken ribs. I was fine, but for a small burn mark on my shoulder that never really went away. The twenty feet of rope that my sister had only just reached the bottom where I was. I went home and meditated, then did a rune casting to ask who had helped me, and I was answered with the fate rune. To those who do not know what that means, it is that the person who takes the fate rune out first is not ready for the answers they seek.

Now, I've been told that I'm an Empath, and something called a Guardian, but I have never gotten an answere as to who or what saved my life. I think I rather like it that way.  

deito

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:43 am
Um... Does having dreams of situations, conversations or places that I then find myself in months or years later count?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:33 pm
niamhybeag
Um... Does having dreams of situations, conversations or places that I then find myself in months or years later count?
Does in my book.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:58 pm
niamhybeag

ah the joys of precog.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:48 pm
niamhybeag

I get that.
Not even for usual things 0_o  

patch99329

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 am
For me the bleed through getting to the moment that I have seen/felt/dreamt
before it has happened usually means for me I am progressing on my path.

It can be hard to take esp when it is after something like a break up with a partner.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:37 am
For me it tends to be when something is going right that I remember having dreamt of being there, or something interesting/important is brewing that I remember how the conversation is going to go. If that makes sense...  

niamhybeag

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:37 am
patch99329
niamhybeag

I get that.
I was watching TV with my mom yesterday and suddenly was thinking about the term "lake effect snow" for seemingly no reason; twenty seconds later the newscasters were talking about how it's really f-ing cold in the Midwest right now and all the lake effect snow in Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. o_O

The other day I started singing a song in my head, and five seconds later my dad started talking about that same song.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:54 am
niamhybeag

Gods! I am so sick of those. It would be a little bit more tolerable if I could remember having the dreams before they come true, but I never can. I'll wake up with no memory of the dream, and then it'll come true and I go through deja vu for anywhere between ten seconds to several minutes. I know that I dreamed it, though, because once it's happening I remember the dream. One time it happened in 8th grade math, and I remembered dreaming of being there in that class and being scared because at the time I had no clue what anybody was talking about. Thankfully by the time it came true I knew everything being taught. It would be kind of stupid if I didn't.

The deja vu never comes during a particularly important moment, either, but I'm beginning to believe that periods of time when I get deja vu frequently are spiritually important for me. Whether it's a day when I get it six or seven times before I even leave school, and then a couple more after, or a couple of months where it happens once or twice a week most weeks, I'm going through a psychic and spiritual learning experience.

Then, just recently, I was having a flood of coincidences in the hallway between almost every class. Something I was thinking about would be mentioned in conversations I walked past two or three times between each class. It was insane.

But my biggest psychic experience happened at Imbolc a couple years back. We have a bardic every year, and at this particular one I was doing something I have been able to do infrequently over the years--scrying with the afterimages in my mind on the wall or ceiling. Anyway, I saw an image of a man in a white suit sitting at an old-fashioned writer's desk, writing or possibly drawing. I talked about this with a woman who was there, and she said, "Oh yeah, that's my brother." Apparently he passed a while ago, and he wrote and drew at his writing desk all the time. As for the white suit? The woman told me that she normally pictured the dead in white clothing so that's how they came to her. I think I accidentally intercepted the message from her brother at the same time it got to her. I haven't really done much communication with the dead other than that, though. That's a whole area of psychic skills where it's the easiest thing in the world to go crazy and die young.

I know this doesn't count as what you're calling a double take, but I was very much confused and surprised when Tiger showed up talking like a gay French dance teacher. I could hear his claws through that voice, though.

Memento Mortalis Es

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:25 pm
niamhybeag
For me it tends to be when something is going right that I remember having dreamt of being there, or something interesting/important is brewing that I remember how the conversation is going to go. If that makes sense...

I tend to use these moments as tests for the concept of Free Will- which is interesting because my friend is 180 degrees opposite- he attempts to maintain them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:27 pm
TheDisreputableDog
patch99329
niamhybeag

I get that.
I was watching TV with my mom yesterday and suddenly was thinking about the term "lake effect snow" for seemingly no reason; twenty seconds later the newscasters were talking about how it's really f-ing cold in the Midwest right now and all the lake effect snow in Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. o_O

The other day I started singing a song in my head, and five seconds later my dad started talking about that same song.

Once, I was singing 'catch a falling star and put it in your pocket' all day, and then it came on TV!

By far the most notable experience was when I dreamt I kissed this friend of mine, whom I didn't like or anything. s**t like that is completely unheard of with me. But the day after I actually kissed the friend 0____o  

patch99329

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:15 pm
TeaDidikai
I tend to use these moments as tests for the concept of Free Will- which is interesting because my friend is 180 degrees opposite- he attempts to maintain them.
Usually I interrupt the conversation or situation to say "Whoa, I dreamed about this! eek " or "Ack, deja vu." Which usually wasn't in the dream--but sometimes it was. (And if it's around my dad he always responds with "It's a glitch in the Matrix!")

Sometimes I can't remember having a dream, but chunks of life or places start looking really familiar and no dream springs to mind after the fact--that's when I get really confused and start trying to figure out a mundane/rational explanation for the feeling. Most of the time I stay confused, but sometimes I'm able to reach a conclusion that I had actually been there before, or been in a similar enough place to give that impression, or had the conversation before.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff