Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
what would you do in the attack of the borg?-THE BORG THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

would you...
pull out a huge phaser and blast away?
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
go for a more simple view and hack at them with a sord the size of your head?
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
scream and run around in circles?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
curse them while they leade you off to be assimulated?
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
stay calm and use no wepons?
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Takori

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:13 am
Lord Spyderguy
i would hop into a holodeck and start up a program that creates duplicates of myself that has the safeties off and ill get a gun and me and my holoselves will just shoot um all up like picard did in first contact
rolleyes It's already been done...(duh...I know....sarcasm) Think of something original!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Takori
Lord Spyderguy
i would hop into a holodeck and start up a program that creates duplicates of myself that has the safeties off and ill get a gun and me and my holoselves will just shoot um all up like picard did in first contact
rolleyes It's already been done...(duh...I know....sarcasm) Think of something original!

Ooh! Like, Captain Proton!(see Voyager, "The Void" xd )  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Sustineo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:56 pm
jamie1295
true.............. but, all you have to do is either blow up their ship with a kilometer long missile, or hit their colony with a kilometer long missile.....

but all the borg ships are inter-conected, so if you blow up one ship it will be off no effect confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:10 pm
Takai_desu_yo
Takori
Lord Spyderguy

Ooh! Like, Captain Proton!(see Voyager, "The Void" xd )

*pats his shoulder softly* it'll be okay Takai....your sanity may return...*grins*  

Takori

Sustineo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:11 am
Lord Spyderguy

smart.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:01 am
Takori
*pats his shoulder softly* it'll be okay Takai....your sanity may return...*grins*
I seriously doubt that. wink  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

kyle stabell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:25 am
I would use 20th/early 21st century asult rifles and shot guns....they can't adapt to bullets  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:50 pm
At least no one voted "Scream and run around in circles" razz

I think it will depend on my mood.

I may fight back with my betleH or I may allow them to assimilate me without fighting... Resistance is futile after all.  

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25

kyle stabell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:12 pm
does anyone like my idea?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:58 am
kyle stabell
does anyone like my idea?
look at the first page.  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

phoenixfireball

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:56 pm
If they were already in a foothold position on my ship.

Replicate a knife, a sword, a javalin or pike for every officer. Get a few projectile weapons, ala guns. Replicate sentry chaingun drones for critical areas.
Seal all doors (yes I know they can be opened pretty easily).
Cut power to all borg controlled decks. (if possible)
Route all command codes and controls to a PADD, and lock it up tight.
Flood uneffected decks and areas around the borg zone with metrion radiation, and turn off artificial gravity in those areas. (i know it won't stop them, but it will slow them down).
Send engineers with a security detail to disable all power conduits.
Rig up bypasses as much as possible.
Post 3 people at every main junction outside the metrion zone with orders to destroy anything that moves.

Most of this stuff is temporary, as I can't think of an easy way to really defeat the Borg. Everyone will say use the guns, but with regular Borg tactical armour, I am pretty sure you will have to shoot them a decent amount of time, and it won't take too long for them to realize, "hey, we need better armour", and then you are totally out of luck.

The best way to stop them is to create technologies that adapt as the Borg do. You fire a phaser and as it is firing it is cycling through different variences, while scanning the Borg. Humans should also be covered in body armour from the soles of their feet to the top of their heads. Something that is thick enough to give a few extra seconds before they can penetrate into the skin release the assimilation probes. Maybe even personal/portable forcefields could help slightly...if they were able to adapt to the Borg...

I guess the best way to beat them in a foot hold situation is to A. Kill them chemically, or virally. B. Destroy your ship.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:43 pm
phoenixfireball
If they were already in a foothold position on my ship.

Replicate a knife, a sword, a javalin or pike for every officer. Get a few projectile weapons, ala guns. Replicate sentry chaingun drones for critical areas.
Seal all doors (yes I know they can be opened pretty easily).
Cut power to all borg controlled decks. (if possible)
Route all command codes and controls to a PADD, and lock it up tight.
Flood uneffected decks and areas around the borg zone with metrion radiation, and turn off artificial gravity in those areas. (i know it won't stop them, but it will slow them down).
Send engineers with a security detail to disable all power conduits.
Rig up bypasses as much as possible.
Post 3 people at every main junction outside the metrion zone with orders to destroy anything that moves.

Most of this stuff is temporary, as I can't think of an easy way to really defeat the Borg. Everyone will say use the guns, but with regular Borg tactical armour, I am pretty sure you will have to shoot them a decent amount of time, and it won't take too long for them to realize, "hey, we need better armour", and then you are totally out of luck.

The best way to stop them is to create technologies that adapt as the Borg do. You fire a phaser and as it is firing it is cycling through different variences, while scanning the Borg. Humans should also be covered in body armour from the soles of their feet to the top of their heads. Something that is thick enough to give a few extra seconds before they can penetrate into the skin release the assimilation probes. Maybe even personal/portable forcefields could help slightly...if they were able to adapt to the Borg...

I guess the best way to beat them in a foot hold situation is to A. Kill them chemically, or virally. B. Destroy your ship.
eek

I would expect nothing less from Section 31. xd

When did that Guild open up?  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

phoenixfireball

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:16 pm
I just opened it up. I have been a gaian for a while, but never though paying 20k for a guild was really worth it. Saw one up for sale, and so I bought it. biggrin

Thanks for the kind words, and feel free to stop by the guild.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:33 am
I really don't know ...
I'd probably stay calm until I had the chance to run.  

Child of the 80s

Lystat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:55 pm
While their sheilds are down to assimilate me I would beam onto a borg ship a photon torpedo near a power junction. In fact, I would beam like four over, cos its a cube. I know, I stole this off voyager, but its effective!  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff