Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
How to uncreate a presence? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:23 pm
Deoridhe
I only have a few experiences with vaguely threatening things. For a while, there was a bunch in my closet. When I was a teenager, the vampire ate the rest of them. This was, for reasons still not entirely clear to me, a comfort. Now the vampire lives in the dark places and eats things that lurk. I haven't been scared of closets, or most dark spaces, since.

One other place was a house which was, apparently, very haunted. It creeped me out. I solved the problem by leaving.

Other times were, for all intents and purposes, my fault. They were solved by leaving or by altering the situation in a way to "win".

None of the above is terribly well verified, but all of the above is why I never go anywhere without my runes.

Interesting...can you tell me more about the vampire? How do your runes help you?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:24 pm
godhi
How about a cheap clock radio with a very bright LED display? I've owned a few that are so bright, they damn near light up the room... but I have really good night vision, so after a few hours everything is bright to me.

I actually already have one of those, but keep it on my nightstand so that I can turn it off in the morning. It's not bright enough to light the opposite side of the room, though.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:04 pm
Sophist

I'm sorry to bring up a touchy subject with you. But how is it cultural appropriation?
The name he addressed the statue translates as "The G~".

Quote:

But you're very reasonable. People may think you're a b***h because you turn an unflinching eye on their arguments, but I see that you love truth, and want to know in order to understand. That's not bitchy at all. I can identify with that.
Nuri! Deo! She's pickin' on me!

wink

Quote:

Thank you for the info. My boyfriend is studying to be an architect, so when he has some free time, possibly within the week, he'll do a rendering of the room in autocad. It should be almost completely accurate at that point. Thanks again.
No prob.

So are you looking into Santeria outside of your friend helping you?
Do you have a tradition of you own?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:33 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist

I'm sorry to bring up a touchy subject with you. But how is it cultural appropriation?
The name he addressed the statue translates as "The G~".

Sorry, but I still don't understand.

TeaDidikai
So are you looking into Santeria outside of your friend helping you?
Do you have a tradition of you own?

I'm not really sure. Actually I have been thinking about posting a thread similar to Daffodil the Destroyer's thread, or even pming you about my problem. If you have time maybe you can help me sort my thoughts.  

Bastemhet

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 pm
Sophist

You know, I've always worried that if I don't do a cleansing right I might not get rid of the entities in my house, but rather antagonize them and earn more things to be worried about. Is this unfounded? Can you direct me to a reputable resource where I can learn how to do it myself?

Its not unfounded, you just have to trust yourself. What do you think of when you think of cleansing? What colors, smells, herbs, or stones come to mind? Since you already prayed to Bast about it and that worked for you, you might call on her to help chase out the entities that you feel are there. I would sugest doing something for protection after that so that they don't come back if you feel like it. Go with what works for you.

When I moved into my new house there was a lot of tension and uncomfortable energy there. It was my moms and near the end of her time in the house everyone was very stressed and I could feel it. I did a cleansing/protection ritual on the summer sosltice. All I used was a candle, some insence, and a few quarts crystals. I stated my intention to cleanse the house of all negitivity and fill it with peace and prosperity instead. Then I put the crystals and bits of the burned candle at the corners of my property. My house is much more comfurtable now. Me and my fiance still sometimes see ghosts but its not as bad as it was.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:44 pm
Well, that's the problem. The way I learn is by building upon what others have done before me. This isn't to say that I'd gladly do whatever people tell me to do so that I don't have to think. I just have a firm sense of being grounded in tradition, and feel more comfortable doing things that have worked for others. That's why I ask for other sources. When you basically say, just make it up according to what you feel like, I become somewhat alarmed. sweatdrop  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:08 pm
Sophist
Sorry, but I still don't understand.
The statue he addressed was a vaguely offensive racial stereotype based on the Rroma people.

TeaDidikai
S
I'm not really sure. Actually I have been thinking about posting a thread similar to Daffodil the Destroyer's thread, or even pming you about my problem. If you have time maybe you can help me sort my thoughts.
I vote thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 pm
My apologies.  

Bastemhet

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:17 pm
Sophist
Well, that's the problem. The way I learn is by building upon what others have done before me. This isn't to say that I'd gladly do whatever people tell me to do so that I don't have to think. I just have a firm sense of being grounded in tradition, and feel more comfortable doing things that have worked for others. That's why I ask for other sources. When you basically say, just make it up according to what you feel like, I become somewhat alarmed. sweatdrop

lol. Well that changes some things. ^-^ Which tradition are you most interested in? My first step would be to reserch that trad and see what their tried and true methods are. I'm more of a Kitchen Witch who goes with what feels right to me. Thats not to say I make it up as I go along, I just don't folow any one trad. Some of the authers I like are Cunningham, Dugan, Morrison, ect....  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:20 pm
I would probably say Egyptian. Although now there are reconstructionists who do Egyptian paganism, or is it Kemetic Orthodoxy? I have no idea.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:31 pm
Sophist
My apologies.
No offense taken. Ya didn't know.

Sophist
I would probably say Egyptian. Although now there are reconstructionists who do Egyptian paganism, or is it Kemetic Orthodoxy? I have no idea.
There are lots of groups that work with Egyptian theology from different ages.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:46 pm
Sophist
There are lots of groups that work with Egyptian theology from different ages.

Could you list them? Or direct me to a site that has them listed? It would be very helpful to me.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:55 pm
Sophist

Could you list them? Or direct me to a site that has them listed? It would be very helpful to me.

There are the Gnostic Coptic Churchs (Gnostic-Egyptian fusion), the Kermetic Orthodox folks, The Sisterhood of Isis (they might only be local) and the accounts of Egyptian Themed Eclectic Pagan practices are beyond measure.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:17 am
Sophist
Interesting...can you tell me more about the vampire?

Nope. I've been unable to find a context for him outside of Tea's thoughtform idea, and he's not the talkative type. These days, I hardly ever see him.

Sophist
How do your runes help you?

They let me see what's going on in the levels I can't see. And, in a way, they are a fetish of sorts - a reassurance that I'm safe when the wyrd things start happening. Most of my experiences with non-corporeal things have ranged from vaguely freaky to downright frightening. I tend to get twitchy based on all of that.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:18 am
I see. Thanks for sharing.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]