Book Talk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GreenCat3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:28 pm
Rennui

The Wounded Sky, by Diane Duane - This is the only Original Series book that I ever liked. I would encourage everyone to read it. It's very good!

I. LOVE. YOU.

Sometimes I RP Sadrao and Hamalki ^^;

I also liked DS9: Millennium. It was spiffy, even though time paradoxes make GreenCat go @_@  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:46 pm
I liked the Vulcan Acedamy Murders (TOS). It's a bit dull in some spots but completely worth reading in order to find out who the killer is.  

white_stranger

Little_Nehru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:46 pm
I really like some of the old TOS novels. Like "Uhura's Song" and "The Romulan Way." There's a special place in my heart for "Vulcan's Heart" and "Spock's World," too. Love those stories! Especially the way they really gave the characters more depth than TV ever could have... ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:35 pm
I've heard about this book called 'Spock must die'. Does anyone know what it is about?  

white_stranger

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:37 pm
My friend lent me the first 3 TNG books. Wow, they're old. XD Anyone have anything to say about 'em...? Opinions and what-not? Or are they so old now that nobody remembers them? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:16 am
I'm reading this TOS book called 'First Frontier'. In The crew travels back to the time of the dinosaur. They already met up with a T-rex. smile  

white_stranger

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:10 pm
I like the Deep space nine books the bast. I want to read Voyager 1. I hear thats really good book.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 am
I've hardly started reading the novels, but I am reading them. Currently I'm reading the TOS novel "Shadow Lord." It has a lot of inconsistencies, but the plot is pretty solid so far.

Does anybody have a recommendation as to which series I should read next?  

Miral Paris

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:20 am
todpury
Anyone else read Peter David books like a raving maniac? I've just started digging my teeth into him. He's my favorite Trek author, and probably my favorite overall author as well. The man knows humor.

I mainly read TNG books, although I like TOS books as well. I highly recommend:

-Spock Must Die (anyone reading Trek novels needs to read this as a prerequist to the genre)
-I, Q
-Q-Squared
-Section 31: Abyss (it's the DS9 book)
-Star Trek: Federation (I think that's what it was called)

And if you do like Peter David, you should read the "Sir Apropos of Nothing" series as well. Yeah, it's not trek, but as I said, the man knows humor.

Yes!!! I freakin' LOVE Peter David!!!! He's teh awesomeness!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:25 am
Ginga
*Ginga is currently stalking "Captain's Table: Fire Ship". So far she has not come within any sort of reach of her prey. Dammit.*

Have you found it yet? That is such a freakin' good book! zomigosh.... My copy of it is so dogearred it's not funny....  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:48 am
I am so, so freakin' happy to find a thread like this! I read way too many of these books....

I have ALL of the Voyager books and all of the post series TNG & DS9 ones. I also have a good bit of other ones - the Genesis Wave series, Dark Passions, Gateways, Invasion, and some scattered ones throughout TNG, DS9, Voy, and ENT.

My current obsessions are the ongoing postseries storylines for TNG & DS9. Those are truly mind-boggling...really throwing 'Fleet and the Federation on their heads....

As a matter of fact, I'm an author on FanFiction.net - Trekker4life (though I have yet to come up with a decent plot line for ST) and I consistently have recommendations on my profile for ST books. Here's my current one:

There's a group of TNG books that are really, really, REALLY (did I say really?) good:

- Death in Winter
- Resistance
- Q & A
- Before Dishonor
- Greater than the Sum

Zomigosh...those are so friggin' good... Death in Winter references some events from yet another TNG book, Reunion, but DiW is an essential read for any PC shipper.

The other four...well...does the phrase 'Resistance is Futile' ring any bells? I'm not gonna say much...only that the Borg are back...and they are pissed as hell. (Just like I was after finishing Before Dishonor...)

If anyone has any questions, just ask.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:11 am
I havn't read any Star Trek books before, but I'm about half way through A Stitch in Time by Andrew J. Robinson. It's set after DS9, and is basically Garrak writing about his past. So far it's really good, and gives you a good insight into Cardassian society and way of thinking. I would totally recomend it to anyone who likes Garrak or Cardassians in general! biggrin

Something else you guys might find interesting is this massive book list I found a little while ago:

http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/2000.html  

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

xXResistance_is_FutileXx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:00 am
at the moment i'm reading Voyager: The Farther Shore and TNG: Before Dishonor....so far both books are really good  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:32 am
xXResistance_is_FutileXx
at the moment i'm reading Voyager: The Farther Shore and TNG: Before Dishonor....so far both books are really good

......... sweatdrop sweatdrop

That's a major conflict there.... You have read the ones before Before Dishonor, right? There's three, maybe four, depending on how much of a stickler for plot set-up you are.

Reunion is an older TNG book - it intros the USS Stargazer crew, two of whom you meet again in the next book...
Death in Winter, which involves, like I said, two of the old Stargazer crew and is a must read for P/C shippers.
Resistance immediately follows DiW and, well...you get the idea from the title....
Q & A is to the Enterprise-E what Encounter at Farpoint was to the Enterprise-D; several new characters are introduced.

Of the four, Reunion is the one you can probably do away with...but I suggest reading it anyway - it's a really good book - written by Michael Jan Friedman. It also reveals the story behind Jack Crusher's death...very interesting....

And there's a book after Before Dishonor, now - Greater than the Sum. Very good...I almost couldn't put it down.

As for The Farther Shore...you have read Homecoming, right?

I suggest finishing tFS first (and the Spirit Walk duo if you want), then going back to the TNG books...the ending won't seem so weird if you do it that way. (In the overall timeline, those Voy events are before these TNG events by several months.)

sweatdrop sweatdrop

{reads back over what was just written}

redface redface

Hope I didn't seem too bossy or anything. I just have read all of the Voy books and that set of TNG books; I know how they end and trust me...what I said up there will make it so much easier....  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

xXResistance_is_FutileXx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:21 pm
YoukaiLuvr
xXResistance_is_FutileXx

......... sweatdrop sweatdrop

That's a major conflict there.... You have read the ones before Before Dishonor, right? There's three, maybe four, depending on how much of a stickler for plot set-up you are.

Reunion is an older TNG book - it intros the USS Stargazer crew, two of whom you meet again in the next book...
Death in Winter, which involves, like I said, two of the old Stargazer crew and is a must read for P/C shippers.
Resistance immediately follows DiW and, well...you get the idea from the title....
Q & A is to the Enterprise-E what Encounter at Farpoint was to the Enterprise-D; several new characters are introduced.

Of the four, Reunion is the one you can probably do away with...but I suggest reading it anyway - it's a really good book - written by Michael Jan Friedman. It also reveals the story behind Jack Crusher's death...very interesting....

And there's a book after Before Dishonor, now - Greater than the Sum. Very good...I almost couldn't put it down.

As for The Farther Shore...you have read Homecoming, right?

I suggest finishing tFS first (and the Spirit Walk duo if you want), then going back to the TNG books...the ending won't seem so weird if you do it that way. (In the overall timeline, those Voy events are before these TNG events by several months.)

sweatdrop sweatdrop

{reads back over what was just written}

redface redface

Hope I didn't seem too bossy or anything. I just have read all of the Voy books and that set of TNG books; I know how they end and trust me...what I said up there will make it so much easier....

i haven't read any of the ones before Before Dishonor...i just happened to see it at chapters so picked it up...i didn't know there were 3 before it, so i guess i'll have to get around to reading them at some point  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff