Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Orks orks orks and more orks! [PROJECT! Picture heavy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:20 am
What the ********... xD;;; ???  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:25 am
Bad Moon 'Ard Boy with stikkboombz!

And a Deathskull Big Mek with a Burna! Frewsh from the paitin' factory in my kitchen! XD

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:36 am
WOSH! Picked up and counted some boyz yesterday, I got 30 slugga goffs, 30 shoota goffs and 20 bad moon stikkbooma 'ardboyz (15 of them needs shoulderpads).

And I guess I'll be stqartin' to paint some of the slugga goffs tonight, or atleast remove the mold lines and drill the gunpipes, and hopefully spray them. :B

I also converted yet another big mek! XD I belive I'll make him a blood axe.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:11 pm
Dude props to you and your awsome paint jobs. I suck at painintg lol but Ill get better.

I love your Burna and how you have a scortch mark from the flame on there. Major Props.

ANd I have aquestion. OK im a novice painter and all that good stuff ok. most of my guys are chipping. I look at your and I dont see that. Is that because I'm blind or is there something you paint over them or are ya'll just that good. Sorry if IM not allowed to post this here.  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 pm
I've never heard of chippin'... o 3o;;;

But I don't, I guess I'm just "good", which is average. o w o;;;  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:54 am
Dragonzealot
Dude props to you and your awsome paint jobs. I suck at painintg lol but Ill get better.

I love your Burna and how you have a scortch mark from the flame on there. Major Props.

ANd I have aquestion. OK im a novice painter and all that good stuff ok. most of my guys are chipping. I look at your and I dont see that. Is that because I'm blind or is there something you paint over them or are ya'll just that good. Sorry if IM not allowed to post this here.

Metal will chip more than plastic. Use a basecoat and (I prefer) matt varnish to protect the little dudes. Then just don't go knocking them about.  

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Aye! Thanks for the tips and info. And again Good stuff.

Also hurry up and produce more goods! I want to see your tank fully done.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:40 pm
I'm focusing on boyz since they need most attention (got 80 boyz, 10 trukk boyz and 10 kommandos to paint up... xD;;; ).

But I'll paint the vehicles as soon as I can, I'll paint whatever I can asap actually, I'm planning a themed "aporkalyz" battle at our gaming club, Space puppies vs space orks.  

Shinobi_8745

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:28 am
Damn man. Thats alot of Orcs.... I here I was thinking Nids have alot of minions. Guess my friend was right about the WAAAGH!

All I can say is now.

Dim Hummies aint got a chance with ya boss!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm
Just wait till my little warboss Grizlag Ironfist gets to live up to his name as a warlord instead when I get his Mega Armoured model painted, hehehe...

I'm about to get off and start painting on my 10 man kommando unit now and maybe the looted wagon, might be done with them in 2-3 days unless I stay up some time tonight, got lots of stuff planned, especially since I'll get the ork spearhead at saturday mornin' as well as the codex, might meet a friend's WAAAGH! then, we both play tribes (using units belonging to different kultz or tribes) and also have quite similar armies, apart that I love speed infront of numbers, I'm a speedfreak at heart~<3

Which reminds me that I might get to model my own Wazdakka Gutsmek which I'm going to make able to work as a warboss on bike as well.  

Shinobi_8745

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:53 pm
Shinobi_8745

But I'll paint the vehicles as soon as I can, I'll paint whatever I can asap actually, I'm planning a themed "aporkalyz" battle at our gaming club, Space puppies vs space orks.

"Oy! You git! Look at de lil puppy, wiff 'is big sad eyes and whutnot. Ain't he da cutest lil thing you've evah seen?"

*another Ork shoots the puppy*

"Wut you do that fer?"

"Da Warbosss furry squig, Snowball, *Actually a kitten* don' like dese Space Puppies. So Slaughter em all! WAAAGGGHHH!!!!"

"FER SNOWBALL! WAAGGHHH!!!!"

Sorry. I know that had nothing to do with your posts. But, this will! Your a very skilledf painter. I wish I had half of your talent. The Big Mek with the Burna looks especially interesting. Have any tips for building models? (since that is my strong suit.)

Also where do you get your plasticard? I'm having a hell of a time finding ANYTHING even REMOTELY CLOSE to plasticard. And yes, I know its called Sheet Styrene and that there should be places that have it, plumbers ot something. But I can't find any of it anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:23 am
I buy my plasticard at our local hobby store, otherwise I belive you can order some online.

And for building tips... I don't know if I can help since I'm terrible at guides etc... :'D  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:34 am
FINALLY AN UPDATE!

One day (well 2 days ago) I found some bits leftovers from some warbikes from the old ork battle force, and couldn't find the traks nor the wheel for it, so I decided to give it a go for a deffkopta. Some glue, greenstuff and plasticard I managed to make something I liked, I finally had my first Deffkopta! I put it on a 40mm base first, but decided to give it a proper bike-base, but it felt small... So I made a bigger one from a 40mm fantasy and 40mm 40K base, it's not perfect so to say, but I'm new with this "fusing bases together" thing.

And 'ere it is folks! Err... Orks... <_<

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I'm off to paint him soon, but C&C are welcome so I can make the other 4 koptas better  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:27 pm
Well, first off, Excellent conversion, especially for just a little rummage in the bitz box. Very nice job, but the sides look a little iffy. the cockpit looks a bit too small, add something to the sides, maybe something that looks like a cooler or a boosta to fill it in. other than that though, not much else.
EDIT:
Oh, Didnt know about that, sorry. Wasnt that familiar with the deffkopta model.  

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:05 am
It's a deffkopta... It's supposed to be a small chopper, meaning small if no cockpit at all. n.n

And I son't see hos I should be able to add something when 2 big shootas takes up the space and there's enough plates and gubbinz already? :'3 And boostas on koptas is out of the question, if it was built as a jet-bike lookalike it would fit in, but this is a small ork chopper, it would be out of place and stuff, atleast that's my opinion. o:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The current kopta model doesn't have jets and can turbo-boost anyways, I belive it's because of the overpowered ork enginz. :B

But I'll overlook the thingy-addy on the comming koptas, but I doubt there'll be room since there's already plates and gunz on the sides. @w@;;;  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff