Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo 's Critters [Under Construction! (But still open)]

Back to Guilds

Tags: Nintendo, Critter, Mascot, Video Game, Friends 

Reply Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]
Video Game Movies: Are They Getting Better Or Worse? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Better Or Worst?
  They'll get better.
  They're just gonna get worst.
  *kills Uwe Boll* Now they'll get better. ^_^
View Results

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:59 am
The biggest problem movies have lies in their shortness. Most people just won't sit down to watch for longer than 2-3 hours. Those 4-hour LotR edits by Peter Jackson are an exception here.

So basically, directors have very limited time to tell the story they want to tell. In both video games and books, there is plenty of time to introduce many side-characters and deepen their relative plotlines.

Hence, you just need to leave a lot out when you're cutting the movie. People will be offended that 'plotline this' or 'detail that' was left out and declare the movie as bad. Chant it along with me now: "The book was better."

The book/game pretty much always 'better' than the movie in terms of plot development. Therefore, I try to judge movies by their own qualities - the awesome stuff you can do with camera and the like. I won't go into all of that and I'm sure you have a good clue what I mean.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:20 am
Entertainment eh? I think it's pretty harsh to view one as the best considering books, movies, T.V shows, games, plays, all have their own weaknesses and strengths.  

Snow the Wanderer

The Omniscient D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:34 pm
My dream may come true soon.

A Castlevania movie has been rumored. I don't know how good it will be, but I think it won't have that much potential. BUT...BUT...it could be better than what I think.

A game I would WANT as a movie...is...nothing. All the ones I've seen have sucked. And I doubt they'll get better.

By the way, I hated Beowulf. The story was awful to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:16 pm
Nunatak
The biggest problem movies have lies in their shortness. Most people just won't sit down to watch for longer than 2-3 hours. Those 4-hour LotR edits by Peter Jackson are an exception here.

So basically, directors have very limited time to tell the story they want to tell. In both video games and books, there is plenty of time to introduce many side-characters and deepen their relative plotlines.

Hence, you just need to leave a lot out when you're cutting the movie. People will be offended that 'plotline this' or 'detail that' was left out and declare the movie as bad. Chant it along with me now: "The book was better."

The book/game pretty much always 'better' than the movie in terms of plot development. Therefore, I try to judge movies by their own qualities - the awesome stuff you can do with camera and the like. I won't go into all of that and I'm sure you have a good clue what I mean.

But then why take a game, with different weaknesses and pluses and take it to a movie where they infuse and make things turn horribly wrong? A movie should not try to take something highly detailed and cram it into a couple hours. They should do what Resident Evil does and make sequels that combine elements from all the game and place them along in multiple movies. Either be exact or don't. And it's impossible to be exact. But this is all my veiw on such things.  

The Traveling Pikmin

Metal Malicious

4,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:10 am
movies based off video games arent that good..but the've been getting better..i think a metriod prime movie might be good and i heard somewhere that they might be making a halo movie which might be ok  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:31 am
so far that i seen, the zelda movie is doing a really bad job so far...  

SearingComic851

5,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

HyperTiare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:51 am
_Fueled_By_Ramen_64
Beowulf was really good...although it was very 'shrekish' at the beginning....I heard the rumors of a Zelda movie being made also...although I think it's gonna be an indie movie and not gonna be in theatres......idk.....whichever the case may be I hope it's good. *crosses fingers*
no zelda movie. that was a prank anouncement by IGN i think.

FFVII Advent Children- man that was a good movie.

Resident Evil- I didn't think it was bad but it had the potential to be alot better.

Uwel Bowl (can't spell his name) is made of pure video game hate. Only someone who despizes video games could possibly make so many s**t movies and not eventually learn.

Blood Rayne- Crap. and I think it got rated like worst dvd of the year in Australia?

DOA- Man was that dissapointing. Also did anyone notice in DOA theres more boobs then trees in a jungle but in the movie all the main chicks were flat.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:55 am
I have never seen a video game movie thankfully(nearly saw the Mario Bros. movie but rented the Family Guy movie instead)

The Prince of Persia movie is coming out soon and the dude who is playing the prince(I forget his name) has gotten really muscily and big and I've seen enough of Prince of Persia to know that the prince is not really big or 30-40 years of age.  

Fairy Alchemist 96

rya12344

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 am
devil may cry movie?!? is it gonna be following the anime?? i wanna see it crying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 pm
its gonna get better! didnt you hear?! there making a cg resident evil film!
its called resident evil degeneration it stars leon! :3  

lotsofdoxies

rya12344

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:28 pm
i guess it might be less confusing with the person from the game in the movie mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:43 am
Yeah, Resident Evil movies with actual Resident Evil characters. (WTF at Alice, a movie-only character taking center stage.)

The Resident Evil movies so far have been like a Super Mario movie with a carpenter named Cletus being the main character and Luigi in a negligible little role with 3 lines. Did I mention Mario himself isn't there?  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

Primrose Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:24 pm
A CG Resident Evil?
Ooh, I don't like the sounds of that. Somehow it just sounds so... so wrong. Dx

Me personally, I doubt there'll be a good video game movie because it doesn't seem like they can capture the video game's charm and spirit in a movie. Plus, adding in references and characters always seems like such a chore in a movie so it becomes obviously engineered (or just not that video game at all in some cases) and bulky.

I think if they were to animate movies in a cartoon like way like the old Disney movies, some would be tons better. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:28 pm
There was recently a movie mad for Max Payne I know everyones seen the commercial at least once.

If you don't know the plot this is ho the game started, much like the movie did.

Jes in the back of a cop car and yoiu hear a bleak voiceover about justice, and some other things , you know very generic and you wont get it until you've beaten the game or watched the movie.

He comes home to find his house is a mess, he runs upstairs and finds his wife covered in blood, he runs towards the babys room and the baby has been stabbed, At this point he becomes a ' rogue cop ' becaus now he has nothing holding him back, and nothing to live for. And thats how it started.

I haven't seen the movie nor played the game but the movie looked AWESOME in my opinion.  

-S t o o p i d i t y- XD

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:19 pm
I agree.
They have that Olga girl from the new Bond movie in it,and the star guy in it is played by that guy in the Oceans movies.
I'm crap with names,aren't I? sweatdrop  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces