Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The thread to discuss the DM’s discussion thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-A M P-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:41 pm
Chaos? For us ALL? Tommorow is the day of judgement? I wonder whats going to happen....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:04 pm
Hmm, honestly, out of all three of us I think Djanni would make the best DM, provided she has enough spare time to put into it. I do love coming up with plot and stories, and actually have already thought of about 3 different plots to enact here. However, coming up with stories and enacting them within a system of rules are two very different things. True, I seem to have been able to grasp the combat system rather quickly; however, I don't have near the experience Djanni has at DMing. My experience comes from running plot lines in other Gaia guilds, but those don't have any system of rules in which I would have to design a fun, interesting fight that challenges the players without necessarily killing them. It would seem to me Djanni might have more experience with this than I, and that is what's essential to being a DM.  

Kowsauni
Crew

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:45 pm
Kowsauni
Hmm, honestly, out of all three of us I think Djanni would make the best DM, provided she has enough spare time to put into it. I do love coming up with plot and stories, and actually have already thought of about 3 different plots to enact here. However, coming up with stories and enacting them within a system of rules are two very different things. True, I seem to have been able to grasp the combat system rather quickly; however, I don't have near the experience Djanni has at DMing. My experience comes from running plot lines in other Gaia guilds, but those don't have any system of rules in which I would have to design a fun, interesting fight that challenges the players without necessarily killing them. It would seem to me Djanni might have more experience with this than I, and that is what's essential to being a DM.

Well we’re not going to just pick one new acolyte. Even if she was better then you, you still may be exemptible. So don’t worry about it. You should still give it a try. wink

And BTW the DMs are asking questions of the potential acolytes, while your one you may want put your two cents in.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:48 pm
I know, I was just expressing my personal opinion.  

Kowsauni
Crew

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:56 pm
Kowsauni, you flatter me. 3nodding My thanks for your vote of confidence. I think however that we all have something to bring to the table. I may have more experience, but a fresh view is nothing to sneeze at.

As far as me having time, I have about as much time to do it as you Fargore... 3nodding But I type fast, and I do cheat by prewriting stuff and copy-pasting it whenever possible wink  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:16 pm
l.a.v.
Kowsauni, you flatter me. 3nodding My thanks for your vote of confidence. I think however that we all have something to bring to the table. I may have more experience, but a fresh view is nothing to sneeze at.

As far as me having time, I have about as much time to do it as you Fargore... 3nodding But I type fast, and I do cheat by prewriting stuff and copy-pasting it whenever possible wink

I would love to do that but the only computer I’m allowed to have with me in class is the government one. And they have it nicely blocked so that there is no way of getting anything off of it (CD write drive disabled, USB ports disabled, ext.). crying  

FARGORE
Captain

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:12 pm
lol...yeah, I can see why they might do that. It eliminates the possibility of any sensitive information being shared with anyone, ever. Probably makes it hard to turn in your homework though...or do they give homework in Military Intelligence school?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:51 pm
l.a.v.
lol...yeah, I can see why they might do that. It eliminates the possibility of any sensitive information being shared with anyone, ever. Probably makes it hard to turn in your homework though...or do they give homework in Military Intelligence school?

Not really, they say that the stuff is too complicated and if we do it on our own we are likely to teach ourselves wrong and mess it up.

But we do have to prepare a briefing about anything having to do with the military. We are supposed to have one ready all the time and we can use whatever means necessary to get the info(so we don’t even have to use our government computers). Personally I just talk to my brother (a sergeant in the army) about the stuff he has done and make that into a briefing. That way I’m talking about something that I have a little more understanding in then just having read some article about it. (this is all off topic by the way xp )  

FARGORE
Captain

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:17 pm
((Well, seeing as how you're not usually an offender, I think they'll forgive you just this once))

Now back to the subject at hand!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:52 pm
So, the voting started! Do all the DM's vote first?  

-A M P-

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:57 pm
-A M P-
So, the voting started! Do all the DM's vote first?

No it doesn’t matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:13 pm
Looks like we have one new acolyte DM! Congrats to Kail!  

-A M P-

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:59 pm
Congratulations Kowsauni!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:48 am
Does joining an organization require anything? And do you automatically recieve the item from joining an organization?  

-A M P-

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:06 pm
We're currently talking about organizations now, Gerbo. Currently we don't know yet. We'll decide on that and if all the organizations give an item once we figure more stuff out about organizations.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff